001 cargo and passenger logistics

ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Kicking off

#21 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:“60, plus 20 in the freezers and another however many in the staterooms.”
"Seventy-plus?" Vee repeats. "We don't have nearly enough life support for that many people."
“Skip said something about everyone doing extra shifts turning the crank. I have no idea what that means,” Ana grins as she packs up the ID kit, “Simons looking into some modular bases that have their own life support.”

Ana heads back to engineering to ID up whom ever is back there before gearing up and heading out to find Mark.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Ramona and I have been having a private message chat... I'll just share the final bit I presented:

I think your best bet is to offer to help a bunch of folks set up a colony on Fogbound. 10 kcr per person and they keep the advanced bases as temporary housing to start their colony.
Is anyone sharing this information with Vee? She's in the terminal looking for passengers.
If Ramona tells Wen, then Wen will comm Vee with the information.

The idea seems sound, although, we'll need to be careful about potential hijackers...me being paranoid maybe, but still...and we still want to fill the regular cabins with passengers in addition to filling the cargo hold with "colonists."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Ramona »

Kinda shared what Ana has figured out, the meat and potatoes number crunching that was Frank figuring out the viability Ana’s math is more hack of the napkin, numbers she gave Wen. Base costs X, is So large, holds so many people, requires x volume of consumables for a year. How much money can we make? Cost 25k (unnegotiated) volume 6ton avilable 10, 60ton +2ton consumables per unit =80 ton. Holds (6 x 8,000(maybe more) x 10) - 250,000 = 230,000. This is assume ng Simon doesn’t talk Dingo down and Vee doesn’t talk the “colonists” up. Not to mention the 10 cabins and 20 low berths. Oh there’s also 2 ton of empty cargo space, maybe we can find some nice wine or boxes of tea...

If Vee can talk the colonists up to 10 that’d increase profit to 350,000. If Simon can talk Dingo down to 20,000 that’d be another 50,000 in out jeans. It’s variable.

Don’t forget, port fees, fuel, maintenance etc etc etc come out of that.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Kinda shared what Ana has figured out, the meat and potatoes number crunching that was Frank figuring out the viability Ana’s math is more hack of the napkin, numbers she gave Wen. Base costs X, is So large, holds so many people, requires x volume of consumables for a year. How much money can we make? Cost 25k (unnegotiated) volume 6ton avilable 10, 60ton +2ton consumables per unit =80 ton. Holds (6 x 8,000(maybe more) x 10) - 250,000 = 230,000. This is assume ng Simon doesn’t talk Dingo down and Vee doesn’t talk the “colonists” up. Not to mention the 10 cabins and 20 low berths. Oh there’s also 2 ton of empty cargo space, maybe we can find some nice wine or boxes of tea...

If Vee can talk the colonists up to 10 that’d increase profit to 350,000. If Simon can talk Dingo down to 20,000 that’d be another 50,000 in out jeans. It’s variable.

My numbers already were 10 kcr per colonist... Ana's numbers should be pretty good, with Admin, Mechanical, and Electronics, she probably did some time in logistics and support.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:“Skip said something about everyone doing extra shifts turning the crank. I have no idea what that means,” Ana grins as she packs up the ID kit, “Simons looking into some modular bases that have their own life support.”
Vee barks out a surprised laugh. "Right. You missed your calling as a comedian, I see. As long as we don't have equipment failures, it's all good."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:
Ramona wrote:Kinda shared what Ana has figured out, the meat and potatoes number crunching that was Frank figuring out the viability Ana’s math is more hack of the napkin, numbers she gave Wen. Base costs X, is So large, holds so many people, requires x volume of consumables for a year. How much money can we make? Cost 25k (unnegotiated) volume 6ton avilable 10, 60ton +2ton consumables per unit =80 ton. Holds (6 x 8,000(maybe more) x 10) - 250,000 = 230,000. This is assume ng Simon doesn’t talk Dingo down and Vee doesn’t talk the “colonists” up. Not to mention the 10 cabins and 20 low berths. Oh there’s also 2 ton of empty cargo space, maybe we can find some nice wine or boxes of tea...

My numbers already were 10 kcr per colonist... Ana's numbers should be pretty good, with Admin, Mechanical, and Electronics, she probably did some time in logistics and support.
Also don't forget we have 100+ KCr in the Ship's Fund at the moment. I think this is a good idea, money wise, and also adventure wise. So, I'm all for making it work.

Wen gets Vee and as many others of the group as he can on the phone, "Folks, Ramona has come up with what I think is a brilliant idea."

Wen passes the idea, all the information Ramoda came up with, as well as her, back of the envelope, calculations.

"We should make a good profit on this if we can find a colonist group that wants to get out of here and has the money to make it happen. We'd still have our regular passengers, both low and high/mid, and a couple of tons of empty space. Well, that might have to go to any high passengers for their luggage, but still clearing a couple of hundred thousand on our first jump would be a good start." Wen adds, "First things first, let's see if we can find a group looking for transport out of here, particularly one looking to set up shop on Fogbound. If we can find them, then we'll grab those modules and set things up.
What say you?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"We should make a good profit on this if we can find a colonist group that wants to get out of here and has the money to make it happen. We'd still have our regular passengers, both low and high/mid, and a couple of tons of empty space. Well, that might have to go to any high passengers for their luggage, but still clearing a couple of hundred thousand on our first jump would be a good start." Wen adds, "First things first, let's see if we can find a group looking for transport out of here, particularly one looking to set up shop on Fogbound. If we can find them, then we'll grab those modules and set things up. What say you?
"Sounds good to me," Vee replies. "I'm in the terminal now."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by ffilz »

erkenbrand wrote:What is the order of things when attempting a task, Simon is looking up trade deals, should I roll 2d6 here?
Available cargoes:
30 ton, 20 ton, 15 ton, 10 ton, 5 ton, 5 ton

Speculative trade has a load of up to 27 tons of Steel at 450 cr per ton, or 455 cr per ton if you don't purchase the entire lot.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by joertexas »

Is Vee having any luck with finding the prospective passenger at the bar? If not, she will go back into the concourse, and try to locate any place where passengers without a flight might congregate.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:Is Vee having any luck with finding the prospective passenger at the bar? If not, she will go back into the concourse, and try to locate any place where passengers without a flight might congregate.
Vee is able to find the gentleman. He also needs help getting a 10 ton container released and if you can get it released and delivered to Fogbound, and a high passage for himself, he will pay 60 kcr.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Vee is able to find the gentleman. He also needs help getting a 10 ton container released and if you can get it released and delivered to Fogbound, and a high passage for himself, he will pay 60 kcr.
Vee steps away from the man, and comms Ana. "I've found a high passenger who has a 10-ton container to go to Fogbound. He's offering us sixty-k-creds for the trip. Can we carry that?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Vee is able to find the gentleman. He also needs help getting a 10 ton container released and if you can get it released and delivered to Fogbound, and a high passage for himself, he will pay 60 kcr.
Vee steps away from the man, and comms Ana. "I've found a high passenger who has a 10-ton container to go to Fogbound. He's offering us sixty-k-creds for the trip. Can we carry that?"
Top of my head, Frank please correct if wrong
Anastasia works through the math in her head as she suits up to ID and releave Mark, “Dingo has 10 modulars, at 6 tons per plus 2 ton of consumables is 80 ton so if we only take 9 modulars we could take his cargo and him that’d be 54 plus 10 plus 20 in freezers.”00

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Anastasia works through the math in her head as she suits up to ID and releave Mark, “Dingo has 10 modulars, at 6 tons per plus 2 ton of consumables is 80 ton so if we only take 9 modulars we could take his cargo and him that’d be 54 plus 10 plus 20 in freezers.”00
"Okay, I'll tell him," Vee says and disconnects the call. She returns to the passenger. "We can do that. Give me your comm code, and I will provide mine. I don't know exactly when we're leaving, but it will probably be before nightfall today."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:Anastasia works through the math in her head as she suits up to ID and releave Mark, “Dingo has 10 modulars, at 6 tons per plus 2 ton of consumables is 80 ton so if we only take 9 modulars we could take his cargo and him that’d be 54 plus 10 plus 20 in freezers.”00
"Okay, I'll tell him," Vee says and disconnects the call. She returns to the passenger. "We can do that. Give me your comm code, and I will provide mine. I don't know exactly when we're leaving, but it will probably be before nightfall today."
"Can we go somewhere private so I can give you details of the container and it's location? I'm not sure how to get it released."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:"Can we go somewhere private so I can give you details of the container and it's location? I'm not sure how to get it released."
Vee looks around the terminal, and locates a place where they can talk without being overheard. "Right over here, I think." She leads the way, and then turns to face him. "Okay, what do you have?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Ramona »

ffilz wrote:”Can we go somewhere private so I can give you details of the container and it's location? I'm not sure how to get it released."
Well that doesn’t sound at all hinkey. Were my numbers correct Frank?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:"Can we go somewhere private so I can give you details of the container and it's location? I'm not sure how to get it released."
Vee looks around the terminal, and locates a place where they can talk without being overheard. "Right over here, I think." She leads the way, and then turns to face him. "Okay, what do you have?"
"Well, you see, the container was registered to my business partner who was going to ship it to Fogbound, unfortunately he died in the fighting and trying to get the paper work corrected with the current circumstances, well, you understand..."

He looks really nervous, looking like he's checking out his escape options...

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:
ffilz wrote:”Can we go somewhere private so I can give you details of the container and it's location? I'm not sure how to get it released."
Well that doesn’t sound at all hinkey. Were my numbers correct Frank?
Nothing wrong with your numbers.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:"Well, you see, the container was registered to my business partner who was going to ship it to Fogbound, unfortunately he died in the fighting and trying to get the paper work corrected with the current circumstances, well, you understand..."

Vee nods, and keeps her voice low. "All I want to do is get out of here while I can, today. As long as it's not something that will endanger my ship, I don't care, and I don't care if you're stealing it or not. Now, do you want passage to Fogbound?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:"Well, you see, the container was registered to my business partner who was going to ship it to Fogbound, unfortunately he died in the fighting and trying to get the paper work corrected with the current circumstances, well, you understand..."

Vee nods, and keeps her voice low. "All I want to do is get out of here while I can, today. As long as it's not something that will endanger my ship, I don't care, and I don't care if you're stealing it or not. Now, do you want passage to Fogbound?"
"Well the problem is I need help getting the container..."

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”