[012] Bug out and return to the Kiara Surabi

ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

[012] Bug out and return to the Kiara Surabi

#1 Post by Ramona »

Ah you son of a bitch,” Ana shouts at the retreating spider, “bugger bit me.

She grabs the wound, grits her teeth and squeezes it outward to expel as much of the toxins as possible. Blood and a nasty yellow green substance run down her arm.

Mother puss bucket,” Ana hisses through her teeth, she grabs a broad spectrum anti-viral/toxin auto injector from her kit, jabs it in her bicep and tosses the spent tube on the ground.

I might need adrenaline to get out of here Vee,” she grabs the incapacitated scout and starts dragging them back out of the room towards the exit. “Arm is going numb already, lets get the shit out of here now.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [011] The Door Opens and a fire fight ensues

#2 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:I might need adrenaline to get out of here Vee,” she grabs the incapacitated scout and starts dragging them back out of the room towards the exit. “Arm is going numb already, lets get the shit out of here now.
Vee steps up and helps Ramona drag/carry the scout out of the room. "Back to the shuttle, or as far as we can," she says. "Let me know if your symptoms get worse."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by ffilz »

Ok, you bug out with 3 bundles, Foix, and 2 spider lasers.

Unfortunately the Poison Antidote [2d6] = 3 vs 6 is not sufficient to stop the paralysis the poison is causing Ana and she is barely able to make it onto the shuttle before collapsing and stiffening. She will need more serious medical care.

As you unwrap the bundles, from one of them, Hiruto awakens, very disoriented.

Hiruto, your team had entered the temple and the spiders got the drop on you.

You also have an incredulous Vargr taking this all in...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Faanku »

"She going to be alright?" Nathan asks the group in general, not having any real medical background. "And what about our boat, skip? We leaving it?"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Ok, you bug out with 3 bundles, Foix, and 2 spider lasers.

Unfortunately the Poison Antidote [2d6] = 3 vs 6 is not sufficient to stop the paralysis the poison is causing Ana and she is barely able to make it onto the shuttle before collapsing and stiffening. She will need more serious medical care.

As you unwrap the bundles, from one of them, Hiruto awakens, very disoriented.

Hiruto, your team had entered the temple and the spiders got the drop on you.

You also have an incredulous Vargr taking this all in...
"We have to leave, now! Vee calls out to everyone. "We're losing Anna! Let's go!" She loads all the wounded on the shuttle, and makes her way forward to the pilot's seat. There, she prepares the shuttle for liftoff.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Tiglath »

The portly Grimaud busies himself strapping the casualties in as securely as he can.
He checks Foix for any signs of recovery and anxiously fusses over Ana.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by ffilz »

Is the Vargr being taken aboard or left?

The shuttle doesn't have enough seats for everyone, but is equipped with webbing and stuff in the cargo bay so you can get everyone secured.

Do you want to pick up the Air/Raft or come back for it?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: I believe the Air/Raft is broken down (beyond field repair) and so, given our immediate medevac and rescue mission, I assume we would leave it).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Is the Vargr being taken aboard or left?

The shuttle doesn't have enough seats for everyone, but is equipped with webbing and stuff in the cargo bay so you can get everyone secured.

"Thirty seconds!" Vee calls out. She brings up the lifters enough to make the shuttle light on its gear. She glances cross-cockpit. "Harper, punch in a least-time course for the nearest medical center, and see if you can get a weather report from the satnet."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Is the Vargr being taken aboard or left?

"Thirty seconds!" Vee calls out. She brings up the lifters enough to make the shuttle light on its gear. She glances cross-cockpit. "Harper, punch in a least-time course for the nearest medical center, and see if you can get a weather report from the satnet."
The best medical center might be the autodoc aboard the Kiara Surabi. The local TL is 10 while the autodoc is TL 12.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Ramona »

Ana finishes dragging the scout into the shuttle, she tries unsuccessfully to let him go before collapsing to the deck.

God damn bugs,” she mutters fingering the magazine release on her SMG sending it skittering across the deck. She tries to relinquish her grip on the weapon but can not.

I feel terrible,” her words slur towards the end as her eyes roll back into her skull. Ana’s head hits the deck with a thump.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:The best medical center might be the autodoc aboard the Kiara Surabi. The local TL is 10 while the autodoc is TL 12.
Vee sighs as she makes the mental connection. "Better yet, we go back to the ship." She turns in her seat. "Secure the door! We are lifting now!" She makes sure that no one is actually in the door, or about to board, and then she lifts the shuttle straight up, yaws the nose toward the ship, and applies forward thrust, climbing steeply on the lifters to clear the terrain. She follows the plotted best-time course and altitude profile in the nav system, pushing the shuttle to its limits.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#13 Post by lenusmars »

Sara's face is uncharacteristically stoic as she rapidly helps secure the hatch and all. She crouches by the collapsed Ana briefly, laying a tender hand on her cheek for a moment. She raises her eyes to Grimaud, her lips tightening, she gives him a small nod, then stands and moves up front to slide into copilot next to Vee, her hands flying over controls as she rapidly takes secondary tasks off of Vee's plate.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Tiglath »

A crestfallen Grimaud looks at Sara and states "I will make her comfortable, Mam'selle Sara. Alas, the Comte is also struck down! I will wake him - you know he will save her!"

Grimaud firstly sets to ensuring Ana is laid out comfortably, rolling up his jacket and placing it under her head. He next attempts to rouse Foix by shaking his shoulder.

Then, after a moment of inspiration, he searches through the pockets of the soldier with the laser burn on his chest laid out on the shuttle's deck next to Ana. Seizing his finds in either hand he shouts through to the flight deck "Comtesse Vee, Lady Harper, how should I revive the Comte - with brandy or cigarettes?"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Then, after a moment of inspiration, he searches through the pockets of the soldier with the laser burn on his chest laid out on the shuttle's deck next to Ana. Seizing his finds in either hand he shouts through to the flight deck "Comtesse Vee, Lady Harper, how should I revive the Comte - with brandy or cigarettes?"
"The smoking lamp is not lit," Vee replies. "How is Ana and our scouts?"

She looks cross-cockpit at Sara. "Go be with her, Sara. The nav's set up, and I'm just monitoring the autopilot. It's fine."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ffilz »

I'm still waiting on an answer about the Vargr.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Tiglath »

Grimaud's not going to interfere either way and Foix is still unconscious.

(OOC: I think it's probably the vargr's call. We're all loading casualties and withdrawing so I don't think anyone would stop him boarding to escape the spiders. However, he might have a perfectly sound "local barbarian" solution to evading them once he's outside the temple. In this particular field he's the expert! I suppose he might also not be keen on leaping aboard a "chariot of the gods"!)

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:"The smoking lamp is not lit," Vee replies. "How is Ana and our scouts?"
Grimaud calls back "The scouts are quiet. Ana is incapacitated by the venom but we must hope that since the scouts survived it she must too, no? I am giving first aid - mostly. We will dock direct with the Kiara Surabi - I will remove their vacc suits ready for treatment".

Grimaud gets Foix and Ana out of their vacc suits and he then dampens a cloth and dabs at Ana's face and wound with it. He next pours some cognac over the wound from the hip flask he retrieved and attempts to gently tip a very small amount into Foix.

The portly fellow then offers the flask to a scout who has recovered consciousness saying "Cognac, m'sieu?"

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#19 Post by lenusmars »

joertexas wrote:She looks cross-cockpit at Sara. "Go be with her, Sara. The nav's set up, and I'm just monitoring the autopilot. It's fine."
Sara gives Vee a tight smile and shakes her head, refocusing on the instruments. "It's better to do something. Even if it's second-guessing an autopilot." She says, changing an optional vector to a more optimal one. After a short pause. "I thought I understood it, right? This part of flying with ...friends. But I didn't. Until now."

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:Grimaud's not going to interfere either way and Foix is still unconscious.

(OOC: I think it's probably the vargr's call. We're all loading casualties and withdrawing so I don't think anyone would stop him boarding to escape the spiders. However, he might have a perfectly sound "local barbarian" solution to evading them once he's outside the temple. In this particular field he's the expert! I suppose he might also not be keen on leaping aboard a "chariot of the gods"!)
Did you want to encourage the Vargr at all? He is in awe of your shuttle, and seemingly nervous about the general situation, and maybe realized he shouldn't have gone into the temple while the spiders were occupied... He was probably cowering near Squee's walker during the firefight, and would have followed her out. Basically you feel like there's possibly an opportunity for more contact here. The Vargr presence here would probably be of interest to the Foix family.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”