OOC Player Logistics

ffilz
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Kicking off

#21 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:
ffilz wrote:If each of you could PM me with the e-mail you use for Google Docs (or let me know if you DON'T log into Google Docs, I can set up a Google Doc for the campaign with all the characters so we can more easily see what we have and who is playing who. I can also put the deck plans in that (don't want to share them in a generally visible document since they aren't free content).
Hmm, tried to add ramona's e-mail for access and it didn't work... Here is a read-only link to the document (eris should be able to edit) for now:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_81 ... sp=sharing

Please request access and let's see if that works. If it doesn't work out for some of you to edit, I'll keep the "need the link to see it" and one of us who can edit can make updates for you. I may put the deck plans somewhere else in this case so they are not so visible (and PM the link for them).
I accessed the document and added Wen Rodriquez and Andy Sokolov. So, it's working, at least, for me.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by ffilz »

OOC: Eris put his PCs up on the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_81 ... sp=sharing. Does anyone here NOT use Google Docs? If you do, please request access and I will grant you write access. Anyone who doesn't, I'll put your character into the doc. Eris, if you want to put your detailed character history down the document in the appropriate section, that would be helpful.

Ok, joertexas has access.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Ramona »

I think I just asked... dunno. No, maybe... I dunno...

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:I think I just asked... dunno. No, maybe... I dunno...
I don't see a request yet.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by ffilz »

ffilz wrote:
Ramona wrote:I think I just asked... dunno. No, maybe... I dunno...
I don't see a request yet.
Ok, I think everyone is added.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by ffilz »

Eris, JR, and Ramona have their characters listed in Google Docs.

@coil23, you should have access, where you using both your characters?

Am I missing anyone? There seems to be 5 people with access to the Google doc so I must be missing someone...

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Ramona »

TGM - It def produces multiple gun skills, Ana’s Rifle / SMG.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:TGM - It def produces multiple gun skills, Ana’s Rifle / SMG.
An Army Lieutenant has Rifle and SMG from automatic skills, but the code either picks a gun combat skill from one you have to increase, or if you have no gun skills, picks a random one. So unless something like being in the Army gives you more than one automatic gun skill, it should only grant a single one. And mustering out it will only give a single gun benefit (preferring a weapon you have skill in), taking skill for the rest of the gun benefit rolls.

Now if you put it in the mode of not generating the cascades, you can see all the times it grants a gun skill or a gun mustering out benefit, and manually fix up for the specific guns you choose.

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Ramona »

I just ran the stock generate, got Rifle 1 in Basic, SMG 1 in term 1. Upgraded SMG 2 in term 2, rifle 2 in final term.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:
Eris wrote:Andy has a revolver and shotgun (both from mustering out, I think) and ammo for both (how detailed on ammo do you want to be?). He has a vacc suit and cloth armor. Andy has an Electronic's Toolkit. Andy has a combo mask.

Wen has an auto pistol and a blade (blade from mustering out) with ammo for the pistol. He has a vacc suit and jack armor. Wen has a hand computer and a medium range communicator. Wen has a combo mask.
Yea, I see Andy has both weapons. Curious, I didn't think the generator produced multiple gun combat skills (or did you hand roll and just document in the format of the generator?).
I hand rolled Andy and put him in the format the program used. I thought that it would be best to have a standard format if we're quickly looking for something on the character sheet.

BTW, speaking of the program, what would you say to me working on a front end for your program? It would just take a form with the various options on it...choose the options, hit submit, it generates the URL needed to implement those options, and calls your program with those options selected. I spent 25 years teaching programming (over the years a variety of Assembly, CoBOL, Pascal, BASIC, Perl, C/C++/C#, Java, JavaScript, PHP, and HTML), but haven't written a line of code since I retired.
Anyway, I would allow a decent amount of ammunition as part of a mustering out benefit, 5-10 clips worth, at least one spare clip (or speed loader for the revolver - clips and speed loaders aren't actually individually priced, but I assume someone purchasing 10 clips worth of ammo isn't actually purchasing 10 clips, rather they are purchasing a box of ammo).

So for ammo, for small arms, none of it costs very much (other than laser recharges, but for ship crew those should be free, consider that the price of a "speed" charge purchased on-world if you ever need it). Here's my thought: purchase an initial ammo load. Unless you actually wind up broke and starving, we'll assume replacements fall into the small change bucket. If your initial budget is small, and you want to upgrade your ammo load, purchase a new set of ammo for the larger load. I.e. if you only could afford 1 or 2 clips after mustering out, and now you've made some money and want to upgrade to 5 or 10 clips, purchase 5 or 10 clips, and now your assumed reload each star port visit (at a world with suffficient TL) will not be tracked.
That works for me!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
ffilz wrote:
Eris wrote:Andy has a revolver and shotgun (both from mustering out, I think) and ammo for both (how detailed on ammo do you want to be?). He has a vacc suit and cloth armor. Andy has an Electronic's Toolkit. Andy has a combo mask.

Wen has an auto pistol and a blade (blade from mustering out) with ammo for the pistol. He has a vacc suit and jack armor. Wen has a hand computer and a medium range communicator. Wen has a combo mask.
Yea, I see Andy has both weapons. Curious, I didn't think the generator produced multiple gun combat skills (or did you hand roll and just document in the format of the generator?).
I hand rolled Andy and put him in the format the program used. I thought that it would be best to have a standard format if we're quickly looking for something on the character sheet.
Oh, good. That actually is a good idea, and while the format is wordy, it is helpful. I would suggest that folks who do that note at the top that it was hand rolled.
BTW, speaking of the program, what would you say to me working on a front end for your program? It would just take a form with the various options on it...choose the options, hit submit, it generates the URL needed to implement those options, and calls your program with those options selected. I spent 25 years teaching programming (over the years a variety of Assembly, CoBOL, Pascal, BASIC, Perl, C/C++/C#, Java, JavaScript, PHP, and HTML), but haven't written a line of code since I retired.
Oh that would be cool. I had thought about doing so, but it would take me a few afternoons to suss out how to do it...

Frank

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote: BTW, speaking of the program, what would you say to me working on a front end for your program? It would just take a form with the various options on it...choose the options, hit submit, it generates the URL needed to implement those options, and calls your program with those options selected. I spent 25 years teaching programming (over the years a variety of Assembly, CoBOL, Pascal, BASIC, Perl, C/C++/C#, Java, JavaScript, PHP, and HTML), but haven't written a line of code since I retired.

Oh that would be cool. I had thought about doing so, but it would take me a few afternoons to suss out how to do it...
Just beware of scope creep ;)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote: BTW, speaking of the program, what would you say to me working on a front end for your program? It would just take a form with the various options on it...choose the options, hit submit, it generates the URL needed to implement those options, and calls your program with those options selected. I spent 25 years teaching programming (over the years a variety of Assembly, CoBOL, Pascal, BASIC, Perl, C/C++/C#, Java, JavaScript, PHP, and HTML), but haven't written a line of code since I retired.

Just beware of scope creep ;)
:-) I have lots of ideas... They may never see the light of day.

BTW, to be clear, it's not my program, Paul Gorman is the original author. I've just made a bunch of contributions recently.

Frank

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

OOC Player Logistics (new, dropped, away for extended time)

#34 Post by ffilz »

This thread will be used to talk about new players, dropped players, or more likely, let me know you will be away for a while, or any other player logistics stuff. I've moved some posts to this thread from the other threads.

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

Re: OOC Player Logistics (new, dropped, away for extended ti

#35 Post by erkenbrand »

I can't edit the Google Doc you linked to, with the player details, do you want me to list the details?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by ffilz »

erkenbrand wrote:I can't edit the Google Doc you linked to, with the player details, do you want me to list the details?
Sure, you can also request access to the document and I'll grant it (assuming you have a login to use).

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#37 Post by erkenbrand »

Edit access requested!

Is my first post ok (in the Kickoff thread) ?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by ffilz »

erkenbrand wrote:Edit access requested!

Is my first post ok (in the Kickoff thread) ?
Edit access granted, and yes, your first post is good, well, you might want to edit out that bit about the grav droid, I'm not sure how prevalent any sort of droid is in my setting, on the other hand, there are at least some, so maybe you DID talk to a grav droid...

Or maybe your a secret agent and just blew your cover... :-)

Key is be careful about introducing stuff beyond CT Books 1-3 or setting details from the Third Imperium. Another one I let slide is a reference to the X-Boat network. There is certainly some kind of courier system, but not necessarily anything that looks like X-Boats (even though they are a more legal build under '77 than '81...).

Frank

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#39 Post by erkenbrand »

Little Bird TL 12

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#40 Post by erkenbrand »

Character document updated, let me know if ok.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”