OOC Player Logistics

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC Player Logistics (new, dropped, away for extended ti

#61 Post by ffilz »

I know we have a lot of players, however, Jame Rowe was a victim of a collapsed campaign on another board, so I'm going to squeeze him in here. If the group really turns out to be too large, maybe we'll split into two campaigns.

Since we have the ship immediately full, we will assume the character Jame creates is one of the middle passengers. Once he's on board and role playing, of course the assumption is that he will turn out to have skills and temperament useful to the crew.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:I know we have a lot of players, however, Jame Rowe was a victim of a collapsed campaign on another board, so I'm going to squeeze him in here. If the group really turns out to be too large, maybe we'll split into two campaigns.

Since we have the ship immediately full, we will assume the character Jame creates is one of the middle passengers. Once he's on board and role playing, of course the assumption is that he will turn out to have skills and temperament useful to the crew.
Cool, welcome Jame!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by ffilz »

Is everyone set up to use the dice roller? I don't think so. I just created campaign 638 in the dice roller.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Is everyone set up to use the dice roller? I don't think so. I just created campaign 638 in the dice roller.
I have never been able to sign into it.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Is everyone set up to use the dice roller? I don't think so. I just created campaign 638 in the dice roller.
I have never been able to sign into it.
It took me a few tries to get it set up. I got some help from the admins.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Eris »

And here is a basic 2d6 roll:

Basic Roll: [2d6] = 7
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#67 Post by lenusmars »

Do you seriously have to do a whole other registration for the roller?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by ffilz »

lenusmars wrote:Do you seriously have to do a whole other registration for the roller?
Unfortunately it looks like it... Frustrating... But it does keep your rolls and let's others see "proof" of them.

Anyone who has access to any other kind of roller may use it. Here's one usable without logging on (though it looks like you can set up an account also):

http://www.pbegames.com/roller/

PM me for my e-mail address to use.

Honestly though, if you want to just roll dice and tell me what you rolled that's fine also. If a player is really intent on cheating, well, that's on them, we'll eventually notice the character who almost never seems to fail... I'm also happy to do the dice rolling (I've done that for other games).

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#69 Post by lenusmars »

No, it's fine, it's just annoying that it isn't more integrated.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Eris »

lenusmars wrote:No, it's fine, it's just annoying that it isn't more integrated.
I think that's because the site owner wants the roller to be usable with other forums. I actually use it some with email based games as well as forum based games that are run elsewhere.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Jame Rowe
Squire
Squire

#71 Post by Jame Rowe »

I posted something here earlier and it hasn't shown up. So time to try again.

What holes if any does the crew have? This will help decide what type of character to roll up.

Also, is using The Traveller Book okay?

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#72 Post by lenusmars »

I think we only have one person with any Steward skill. It would be helpful to have someone else with that.

Here's our Google Doc. I think it shows all skills we have right now.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_81 ... 9SsuQ/edit

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by ffilz »

Jame Rowe wrote:I posted something here earlier and it hasn't shown up. So time to try again.

What holes if any does the crew have? This will help decide what type of character to roll up.

Also, is using The Traveller Book okay?
Glad you were finally able to post here.

Using The Traveller Book is totally fine for chargen. Please post in the chargen thread your generation log similar to what the online Classic Traveller Character Generator shows:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Gaming ... acter.html

For example:

Marine Quentin Nakamura A55C6A Age 22
1 term Cr5,000

Skills: Cutlass-1, Rifle-1

Service History:
Rolled attributes: 955C6A
Attempted to enlist in Marines.
Enlistment roll 11 + 3 vs 9
Enlistment accepted.
Learned Cutlass-1
--------------------------------------------
Term 1 age 22
Commission roll 7 + 0 vs 9
Increased strength by 1 to A
Learned Rifle-1
Survival roll 10 + 0 vs 6
Reenlistment roll 5 vs 6
Denied reenlistment after first term.
--------------------------------------------
Mustered Out
5,000 credits

Note my house rules:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YEP ... sp=sharing

Here is a price list:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SqE ... sp=sharing

Note that some equipment might possibly not be available due to the war situation here.

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Rollups

#74 Post by Ramona »

I’m thinking you may have to clean up some of the unattendinf characters.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Character Rollups

#75 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:I’m thinking you may have to clean up some of the unattendinf characters.
I'll do that once the action moves away from the Maize Star for sure...

Actually at that point, I may create a new document since we won't want the active document cluttered up with deck plans for a ship that isn't being run etc...

Basically, I'm going to set up to have some action happen at Shedezar and then if Eris isn't back and active by the time you're ready to leave, at that point we formally separate the active group and the Maize Star with it's inactive PCs.

Frank

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#76 Post by lenusmars »

Looks like we picked up again? Good.

We seem to be have become a scout ship :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by ffilz »

We have some new players and characters coming on board.

We also have three players (with 4 characters) that haven't shown up in a while.

My suggestion is that with Eris coming back online, that there is a crew turnover here and we let active players fill crew slots.

The crew positions being vacated:

Pilot
Steward
Backup Engineer (both)
Backup Medic

Sara probably becomes the pilot (unless Starbeard, one of the players coming on takes over Simon Tanaka).
We for sure have a new Steward coming on.
We have someone coming on with Medic-2 which might put Vee as backup engineer and backup medic.

Buzz and Pongo seem like they just come on as backup pilots or other "support" crew...

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by Ramona »

Vee is the steward and she’s been active lately. Look at the bottom of pg 1 of the Shedrazar post and a few of the fuel posts.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Vee is the steward and she’s been active lately. Look at the bottom of pg 1 of the Shedrazar post and a few of the fuel posts.
While Vee has been coordinating passengers, without the Steward skill, she isn't actually caring for the passengers. Mark Wood with Steward skill was actually in charge of caring for the passengers aboard. See the crew assignments down at the bottom of the document.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Starbeard »

I'm still travelling, so it may still be a few days until I can roll up.

So if I'm reading this right, it seems like my character would best serve as a backup medic or engineer, whichever spot Vee doesn't fill. It seems like we already have characters available for the other vacant positions.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”