Character Rollups

ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Rollups

#81 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2014 ... 43f4320937

I collect character images on Pinterest. It helps me to have a face. More than half the time I start with the image. This one was tougher since I went from the character roll up.
Same... I’ve got that image too, funny.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by joertexas »

lenusmars wrote:https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2014 ... 43f4320937

I collect character images on Pinterest. It helps me to have a face. More than half the time I start with the image. This one was tougher since I went from the character roll up.
I use Daz 3D to generate my characters' portraits and such.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by Ramona »

I still think,
If we stick with 9 characters (including the 2 double player PCs) we end up having to triple bunk which even on a military ship wouldn’t fly. If we reduce to 7 characters by retconning the 2 doubles we’re still double bunking, that doesn’t bother me, but Wen has hired twice as much crew as he needs which financially makes no sense as a business man. Now maybe Wen is a bleeding heart eho just can’t say no to any stray he sees. It just strikes me that it’s a lot of cash going out the door that doesn’t need to happen and no business man intentionally sets himself up to fail. The extra cost for life support is probably going to run into the 50,000-100,000cr/year range.

I think the subsedized merchant / fat trader is a better fit for crew. Yes it’s larger comes with a ship’s boat and a raft IIRC but if that's an issue maybe ours doesn’t. Maybe the previous crew sold them off to make some extra coin. Maybe they were accidentally destroyed here on tue ground.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#84 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:I still think,
If we stick with 9 characters (including the 2 double player PCs) we end up having to triple bunk which even on a military ship wouldn’t fly.
I think we were saying we'd use one passenger stateroom as crew quarters. That's double bunk for everyone but (of course) the captain. Not sure that would affect life support any more than if we had full passenger load.

I don't have a pref on the ship.
joertexas wrote:I use Daz 3D to generate my characters' portraits and such.
Cool. I've never been happy with images that I get from 3d software. They look too computerish. Full illustrations or photographs is what I usually prefer.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by ffilz »

lenusmars wrote:
If we stick with 9 characters (including the 2 double player PCs) we end up having to triple bunk which even on a military ship wouldn’t fly.
I think we were saying we'd use one passenger stateroom as crew quarters. That's double bunk for everyone but (of course) the captain. Not sure that would affect life support any more than if we had full passenger load.

In Classic Traveller 1977, life support costs is fixed on the number of staterooms and low passage berths you have, it doesn't matter if they are empty, single occupancy, or double occupancy.

As to motivations of Captain Wen for taking on a large crew - you are all Travellers, there is some degree of bond just because. He might also be sympathetic to people wanting off this god forsaken world. Also, the Imperial Frontier is not a place where running a Free Trader actually economically works, you will most certainly be looking for other opportunities to make money.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:
lenusmars wrote:

In Classic Traveller 1977, life support costs is fixed on the number of staterooms and low passage berths you have, it doesn't matter if they are empty, single occupancy, or double occupancy.

As to motivations of Captain Wen for taking on a large crew - you are all Travellers, there is some degree of bond just because. He might also be sympathetic to people wanting off this god forsaken world. Also, the Imperial Frontier is not a place where running a Free Trader actually economically works, you will most certainly be looking for other opportunities to make money.
I agree with Frank on this. Sure a larger ship would be great, but a 200 ton J1/M1 ship will be fine...as a starter ship. :)

IAC, I already said I'm happy to have Andy the Engineer disappear if we have the Engineering and Navigation skills among the rest of us. So we're probably already down to 8 PC's and are waiting for coil to chip in. Besides, there's no telling how many of our PC's we lose by in game attrition.

Then there is the meta-game game attrition we have to consider. We have how many players now? I hate to say it, but if we have half that many in a few months we'd be doing good.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
ffilz wrote: In Classic Traveller 1977, life support costs is fixed on the number of staterooms and low passage berths you have, it doesn't matter if they are empty, single occupancy, or double occupancy.

I agree with Frank on this. Sure a larger ship would be great, but a 200 ton J1/M1 ship will be fine...as a starter ship. :)

IAC, I already said I'm happy to have Andy the Engineer disappear if we have the Engineering and Navigation skills among the rest of us. So we're probably already down to 8 PC's and are waiting for coil to chip in. Besides, there's no telling how many of our PC's we lose by in game attrition.

Then there is the meta-game game attrition we have to consider. We have how many players now? I hate to say it, but if we have half that many in a few months we'd be doing good.
Andy is your only engineer... Go ahead and keep him on, like you say, player and PC attrition will change things.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#88 Post by Piper »

Scout Pongo Green B37C86 Age 30 3 terms Cr60,000

Skills: Computer-1, Jack-o-T-2, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, SMG-1
Benefits: Low Passage x 2
Red 5, Standing ... Hey! Is That A Banana?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by ffilz »

Piper wrote:Scout Pongo Green B37C86 Age 30 3 terms Cr60,000

Skills: Computer-1, Jack-o-T-2, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, SMG-1
Benefits: Low Passage x 2
You didn't happen to save the full history? It's fun to see it for potential role playing purposes, but not the end of the world if you didn't

Frank

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#90 Post by Piper »

I did it on scratch paper. Let me look around and see if I didn't wad it up and throw it away.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by ffilz »

Piper wrote:I did it on scratch paper. Let me look around and see if I didn't wad it up and throw it away.
Ah, no problem if you tossed it.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by Ramona »

I’m a pintrest picture collector too. I have hundreds of images for character ideas and visualizations.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by ffilz »

I've added Piper's and Keven's new characters to the document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_81 ... sp=sharing

and made a place holder for Starbeard.

I'll work new characters into the action ASAP.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by ffilz »

I've moved a couple logistics posts to that thread...

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by Ramona »

I finally found a resonable approximation of Ana.
Attachments
D6E5F39E-E20C-4C4A-895E-B91C3F3C2F6F.jpeg
D6E5F39E-E20C-4C4A-895E-B91C3F3C2F6F.jpeg (120.87 KiB) Viewed 2050 times

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by ffilz »

Nice, I've pasted Ana's and Sara's pictures into the document.

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#97 Post by Piper »

Okay, found it. Here you go:

Dabney "Pongo" Greene B37C86
3 term Scout (30) Computer-1, Jack-o-T-2, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, SMG-1

Intelligent and somewhat well educated, Greene wanted to be in the Navy but failed enlistment (rolled 3 versus a needed result of 7). Hoping to be drafted in, he submitted to draft and was assigned to Scouts. Easily survived his first term (rolled 11 versus 7) in which he learned the baisc skills of piloting and navigation. Further, his ancient and decrepit Type S required frequent "off the manual" repairs, resulting in an increased ability to kludge repairs and gets systems running using the resources at hand (Pilot-1, Navigation-1, JOT-1). The scout service accepts his reenlistment (5 versus 3) and Greene enters his second term.

Again, Greene easily survives his next four years of service. He becomes a dab hand at navigation (increasing that skill to navigation-2). After realizing his natural clumsiness (dexterity 3) might rule out more subtle weapon skills, Greene opts for working with an SMG he found abandoned in the ship's locker when he took possession of the IISS Eiger. Long, dull hours in j-space are taken up with target practice over his years of service, resulting in some ability to compensate for his low dexterity (SMG-1). Greene barely survives his roll to reenlist (8 versus 7) and decides this will be his final term.

During his last hitch, Greene continues to tinker with his aging ship's systems, becoming increasingly able to keep things running with little more than chewing gum and bailing wire (increasing to JOT-2). Over the years he has also found an aptitude for repairing and programming his ship's computer, spending the last term of service working on formalized classes while in j-space (computer-1). The IISS decides to accept his resignation and Greene musters out.

Upon mustering out Greene receives the following benefits: 2 low passages and gun (submachine gun). While he will always regret not getting into the Navy, he is absolutely loyal to the Scout service. He is currently looking for a crew, working passage, low passage off-world.

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#98 Post by Piper »

Ramona wrote:I’m a pintrest picture collector too. I have hundreds of images for character ideas and visualizations.
I'd love to have a look at those. Link, please?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by ffilz »

Piper wrote:Okay, found it. Here you go:

Dabney "Pongo" Greene B37C86
3 term Scout (30) Computer-1, Jack-o-T-2, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, SMG-1

Intelligent and somewhat well educated, Greene wanted to be in the Navy but failed enlistment (rolled 3 versus a needed result of 7). Hoping to be drafted in, he submitted to draft and was assigned to Scouts. Easily survived his first term (rolled 11 versus 7) in which he learned the baisc skills of piloting and navigation. Further, his ancient and decrepit Type S required frequent "off the manual" repairs, resulting in an increased ability to kludge repairs and gets systems running using the resources at hand (Pilot-1, Navigation-1, JOT-1). The scout service accepts his reenlistment (5 versus 3) and Greene enters his second term.

Again, Greene easily survives his next four years of service. He becomes a dab hand at navigation (increasing that skill to navigation-2). After realizing his natural clumsiness (dexterity 3) might rule out more subtle weapon skills, Greene opts for working with an SMG he found abandoned in the ship's locker when he took possession of the IISS Eiger. Long, dull hours in j-space are taken up with target practice over his years of service, resulting in some ability to compensate for his low dexterity (SMG-1). Greene barely survives his roll to reenlist (8 versus 7) and decides this will be his final term.

During his last hitch, Greene continues to tinker with his aging ship's systems, becoming increasingly able to keep things running with little more than chewing gum and bailing wire (increasing to JOT-2). Over the years he has also found an aptitude for repairing and programming his ship's computer, spending the last term of service working on formalized classes while in j-space (computer-1). The IISS decides to accept his resignation and Greene musters out.

Upon mustering out Greene receives the following benefits: 2 low passages and gun (submachine gun). While he will always regret not getting into the Navy, he is absolutely loyal to the Scout service. He is currently looking for a crew, working passage, low passage off-world.
Nice, glad you found it and thanks for expanding on the rolls. This is the kind of thing I love to see.

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Ramona »

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”