Service History:
Rolled attributes: 776953
Attempted to enlist in Merchants.
Enlistment roll 7 + 3 vs 7
Enlistment accepted.
--------------------------------------------
Term 1 age 22
Commission roll 10 + 1 vs 4
Commissioned during first term of service as 4th Officer.
Promotion roll 10 + 1 vs 10
Promoted to 3rd Officer.
Learned Medical-1
Learned Navigation-1
Increased strength by 1 to 8
Learned Mechanical-1
Survival roll 11 + 2 vs 5
Reenlistment roll 5 vs 4
Voluntarily reenlisted for second term.
Term 2 age 26
Promotion roll 11 + 1 vs 10
Promoted to 2nd Officer.
Increased dexterity by 1 to 8
Improved Navigation-2
Survival roll 6 + 2 vs 5
Reenlistment roll 5 vs 4
Voluntarily reenlisted for third term.
Term 3 age 30
Promotion roll 11 + 1 vs 10
Learned Pilot-1
Promoted to 1st Officer.
Learned Pistol-1
Learned Electronics-1
Survival roll 6 + 2 vs 5
Reenlistment roll 5 vs 4
Chose not to reenlist after third term.
Mustered Out
1,000 credits
Low Passage
20,000 credits
Low Passage
20,000 credits
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Character Rollups

#22 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote: ACR 1050(muster benefit / semiauto / bullpup (Nightshade))
SMG 780(Antiope-D)
Elec Tools. 2000
Mechanic Tools 1000
Sword 200
Combination Mask 200
Googles IR/LI 1250
Combat Environment Suit 1000
Optic Sights x2 300
Sword 50 (ceremonial)
Sidearm 200 (10mm Snub / standard issue)
Dress and duty uniforms (couple of each)
Civilian clothes (half dozen outfits)
For weapons, I'm pretty much only using Book-1, so Rifle is just the standard rifle. CES is definitely not available (and would be difficult to get anyway - Book 4 equipment technically exists, but is extremely rare outside imperial units). What did you use for prices? Combo Mask is only 150 in Classic Traveller. SMG is 500 + 20/30 rnd clip, Body Pistol, Auto-Pistol or Revolver for sidearm? Telescoptic sights are only 200. Sword is 150 (but you could spend more).

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Ramona »

I just used that list. My old Traveller books are I don’t know where. Probably in a box in my garage under a mountain of Christmas decorations.

The ACR IMO simply means it’s not a bolt action Mauser or something like it was back in Book 1, becasuse no army after TL7 is going to have those anymore. Rifle at TL12 means semi-auto, not full auto, and probably something made out of spacy composites. Auto Rifle is an assault rifle.
Last edited by Ramona on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:I just used that list. My old Traveller books are I don’t know where. Probably in a box in my garage under a mountain of Christmas decorations.
Ok, I've got the gist of what you want, and other than specifics of the weapons, and the non-availability of CES, everything else should be ok.

I really should put together an equipment price list for my campaign...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Ramona »

What’s available for some kinda body armor? The CES is nice because it covers cold weather / hot weather as well as body srmor and tainted enviro with a mask. I wear a vest all day every day and they’re brutal when it’s hot and humid.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:What’s available for some kinda body armor? The CES is nice because it covers cold weather / hot weather as well as body srmor and tainted enviro with a mask. I wear a vest all day every day and they’re brutal when it’s hot and humid.
Cloth, or Vacc Suit does act as Cloth, and would also provide environmental control (though at a cost).

I'm still working on it, but here's a master price list:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SqE ... sp=sharing

Let me think about a less fancy version of CES, that would still provide environmental control (but not hostile environmental control, and would not have the option of IR concealment or chameleon option).

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Ramona »

There was a reason why I didn’t go with the chameleon or looking glass options. It strikes me as OP. By TL 12 an armored kind of scuba suit isn’t that big of a stretch. The new space suits they’re designing now are kind of a step in that direction, in-spite of their short comings.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:There was a reason why I didn’t go with the chameleon or looking glass options. It strikes me as OP. By TL 12 an armored kind of scuba suit isn’t that big of a stretch. The new space suits they’re designing now are kind of a step in that direction, in-spite of their short comings.
Sure, one thing I've decided though is rather than play the "what technology can we extrapolate today that totally invalidates some piece of technology in the game," I will instead keep close to the original 1977 books and assumptions of technology. Now extrapolating from equipment in the original books does make me feel like there's an option less radical than the CES as written up in Book 4 - Mercenary that would be workable (and actually it's not like that CES is THAT radical, in the end, I may just tweak it a bit - like dropping the improvement on Cloth, treating it as Cloth rather than Cloth +1).

Some of it is just reaction to Book 4 introducing all this new cool stuff that invalidated old stuff, and the equipment race that started. Back in the 80s I got all fired up about equipment and spent ridiculous amounts of time cooking up and re-working equipment.

Just wanting my reasoning to be transparent here...

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Ramona »

I totally get the desire to pick a tech set and stick with it, I also get the, with 40 years of hindsight it’s hard to look at the trav tech progression as envisioned in 1978 and not snicker. Seriously, if you’d told 1970’s me I’d have an iPhone I’d have laughed... of course if you’d told me we’d still be arguing about climate change and vaccines I’d have also laughed.

https://goo.gl/images/nqucUn

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:I totally get the desire to pick a tech set and stick with it, I also get the, with 40 years of hindsight it’s hard to look at the trav tech progression as envisioned in 1978 and not snicker. Seriously, if you’d told 1970’s me I’d have an iPhone I’d have laughed... of course if you’d told me we’d still be arguing about climate change and vaccines I’d have also laughed.

https://goo.gl/images/nqucUn
Yea, craziness...

Anyway, my list of prices is finished except for drugs from Book 2 (and any misc equipment that might be hiding somewhere in the books, I almost think there might be a piece or two hidden...). I'm also starting a list of additional things to add, so if you find something from a later addition, module, article, or whatever, please ask, I might say yes... Though again, my goal is not to go crazy with equipment, but if folks have reasonable requests...

Frank

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by coil23 »

My Manon Abe character's only handheld weapon skill is shotgun. I am going to get a standard shotgun but would like a small, sawed-off double barrel for more concealed carry as well. Is that ok? I will pay regular price for it.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by ffilz »

Yea that's fine. I'll figure stats for it.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Ramona »

coil23 wrote:My Manon Abe character's only handheld weapon skill is shotgun. I am going to get a standard shotgun but would like a small, sawed-off double barrel for more concealed carry as well. Is that ok? I will pay regular price for it.
Will you call it Vera? :)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:There was a reason why I didn’t go with the chameleon or looking glass options. It strikes me as OP. By TL 12 an armored kind of scuba suit isn’t that big of a stretch. The new space suits they’re designing now are kind of a step in that direction, in-spite of their short comings.
Skin Suits is what I call them. In my games they are specialty vacc suits that become available at TL12. You still have to wear "armor" over them, though, and they don't protect from some exotic and insidious atmospheres.

The Skin Suit is only a few molecules thick and covers the both from top of neck to bottom of feet. It is worn full time and provides protection from vacuum, acts as a whole body HVAC transpiring moisture (ie. breathing) to cool and conserving moisture and heat for heating as needed. The suit converts motion, heat and light into enough energy to continue to function pretty much indefinitely.

Skin Suits transmit a very good "touch" through fingertips and have "ports" to deal with waste leaving the body (higher TL Suit's recycle waste and CO2 for further use). Processing of waste begins to be done by "nanites" by TL14.

A helmet attaches to a ring at the top of the Skin Suit to protect the head, attachments to the helmet go to air tanks and various electronics. The helmets can be rigid and hard or soft and inflatable with the soft becoming more widespread as the TL's increase.

Skin Suits are often covered with personalized "tattoos", colors and other identifying markings chosen by the owner. Clothing is usually worn over a Skin Suit and the soft inflatable helmets are often carried in a pouch at the Spacer's waist.

Yes, before you ask, intercourse is possible while in Skin Suits. Before TL 15 and much improved sensitivity of the skin sex is said to be unsatisfying. Without advanced "nanite" cleanup not available before TL 15 sex is also said to be quite messy. Pricing begins at CR 50,000 at TL12 and goes progressively down to 10,000 by TL 15. All MTU, of course. ;)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by ffilz »

Still thinking about CES, though I note that the original rules have protective suits that act as Cloth armor, so it sort of seems like CES is actually something better than those for lower cost... I think the simple answer to get us going quickly is that if there is some kind of military tech, it's not available here...

As to Vacc Suits in general, I'm sticking with the tech reductions per Book 1. Note that at TL 13, weight becomes negligible (actually, since it still works as Cloth, I assume it weighs whatever Cloth weighs, it's just that as worn, it has no effective weight).

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Ramona »

So we’re restricted to TL12 for most purchases, the TL13 suit is available to us or not? Are our suits more traditional NASA big and bulky or the MIT Biosuit / Prometheus kind of suit?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:So we’re restricted to TL12 for most purchases, the TL13 suit is available to us or not? Are our suits more traditional NASA big and bulky or the MIT Biosuit / Prometheus kind of suit?
You are limited to TL 12, so it's 2kg effective weight, so Prometheus looks pretty good idea of what they might look like.

Frank

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by coil23 »

Ramona wrote:
coil23 wrote:My Manon Abe character's only handheld weapon skill is shotgun. I am going to get a standard shotgun but would like a small, sawed-off double barrel for more concealed carry as well. Is that ok? I will pay regular price for it.
Will you call it Vera? :)
Vera is strictly for automatic rifles, I'm afraid. Considering the sledgehammer finesse of a sawed-off shotgun, I like the moniker "riposte" (a quick clever reply to an insult or criticism). :P

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by Ramona »

I just noticed something, the character generator doesn’t seem to have a home planet generator, don’t we get a couple skills for our homeworld or was that something that appeared later on in the game?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by ffilz »

Homeworlds were introduced later so I don’t use them.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”