006 Arrival at Arthiop

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

006 Arrival at Arthiop

#1 Post by ffilz »

The run out to the jump limit is uneventful (encounter roll 2).

Down in engineering, the boards go a bit crazy, but a jump pulls off OK (misjump roll 9 + 1 for previous jump with unrefined fuel, drive failure roll 10 + 1 for previous jump without refined fuel).

After about a week, you break out into the Arthiop system.

On your way inbound, you pick up a Type Y yacht also inbound.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 005 - Departure from Shedezar star port

#2 Post by Ramona »

Was this where we could get the drive serviced?

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Starbeard »

Chu glances at the scanner reading. "Type Y, that's a 200-tonner, isn't it? Better make a routine hail and sweep it for weapons. We used to get smugglers and pirates masquerading as pleasure yachts coming through our starport all the time, back when I was a private on ground control detail."

So speaking of party callers and ship logistics, who's in control of that stuff? Is there a post or thread where we keep track of who does what on the ship?

Also, if Chu were to attempt scanning the yacht's components, would that fall under Computers or Electronics?

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Ramona »

Starbeard wrote:Chu glances at the scanner reading. "Type Y, that's a 200-tonner, isn't it? Better make a routine hail and sweep it for weapons. We used to get smugglers and pirates masquerading as pleasure yachts coming through our starport all the time, back when I was a private on ground control detail."
“If it’s a pirate we’re already done because we’re fat, slow, and unarmed, and if it’s a smuggler it’s really not our problem.”

Ana smiles, “I’m a simple girl, just say hello to the starport and keep a weather eye on the yacht.”

She shrugs, “Odds are it’s probably someone here to dual Foix or the skipper.”

We oughta move this to a new thread.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Was this where we could get the drive serviced?
Yes, Class B star port, you can get the system flushed here.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by ffilz »

Starbeard wrote:Chu glances at the scanner reading. "Type Y, that's a 200-tonner, isn't it? Better make a routine hail and sweep it for weapons. We used to get smugglers and pirates masquerading as pleasure yachts coming through our starport all the time, back when I was a private on ground control detail."

So speaking of party callers and ship logistics, who's in control of that stuff? Is there a post or thread where we keep track of who does what on the ship?

Also, if Chu were to attempt scanning the yacht's components, would that fall under Computers or Electronics?
Scanning is comms which falls under electronics.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

Re: 006 Arrival at Arthiop

#7 Post by lenusmars »

"Hey, you don't know" Sara says as she reads various instruments and makes minor course adjustments. "They could be here to duel me. I'm duel-able! Eyepatch and a parrot and I'll be the Red Terror of the Rift."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by joertexas »

What time is it aboard ship?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Tiglath »

During the week in jump it will become obvious that Foix is spending time with Vee. With the exception that his demeanour becomes irritatingly cheerful the only change in his routine is an increase in martial training in the hold. One of the side effects is that those passing through will note he sports a possibly surprising amount of “ink”.

He wears a legion device with a skull motif and slogan on his bicep and another denoting the elite parachute regiment (2REP) on his upper chest together with his triage details. A bigger piece on his back depicts a stern faced angel in baroque armour armed with a scythe standing against an artistically contrived background including ruined masonry and jungle foliage. She bears a passing resemblance to Ana but is not a likeness. She holds an unfurled scroll which appears to list names, ranks and dates.

Foix arrives on the bridge to discover more of the in system contact.

He smiles "Madamoiselle Sara you are quick so I'm sure you would make an excellent duellist - but if you are going to take it up as a career please let me give you some lessons".

He eyes the sensor screen and unconsciously touches the gold ring held with the dog tags at his neck. “If that turns out to be a Foix household vessel I would be grateful if you do not announce my presence. I believe the Comtesse may be looking for me”.

(OOC: Boom! :) )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Tiglath »

Starbeard wrote:Is there a post or thread where we keep track of who does what on the ship?
(OOC: p.13 of the Google doc has crew positions:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_81 ... hmuse63ihq).

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:"Hey, you don't know" Sara says as she reads various instruments and makes minor course adjustments. "They could be here to duel me. I'm duel-able! Eyepatch and a parrot and I'll be the Red Terror of the Rift."
“Sara my dear, you are far to intelligent to allow yourself to be dragged into the foolish pass times of Imperial Nobility,” Ana says leaning on the back of her chair, “and what’s a parrot?”

Ana spends her week learning from Andy in Engineering, working out and practicing her sword, which she never got beyond basic training in, with Foix. We’ve kind of spread out through the ship for this run, Ana spends free time with Sara on the bridge learning about ship systems and enjoying her time with Sara.
Last edited by Ramona on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by joertexas »

Vee goes about her duties, helping with the meals and taking her share of the ship's routine maintenance items. She also stands watch at the navigator's station, and works with the ship's navigation and piloting simulators to stay current. Although her behavior is professional when in public, she seems to greatly enjoy Foix's company.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Starbeard »

Tiglath wrote:
Starbeard wrote:Is there a post or thread where we keep track of who does what on the ship?
Thanks!

Chu spends the week, between periods of relaxation and entertainment, reviewing the schematics of the monitor they rigged up on Shedezar, and trying to sort out a hypothetical revision. "I know we could've done this more efficiently if we had more time. These relays are all over the place. I'l bet if we fabricated a type-2 pulse motivator instead of a type-1, we could figure out how to cut down on signal emissions by 15%. I wonder…"

Back in realspace, Chu taps the comms and hails the other ship with the standard exchange of information to ensure that they dont crash into each other. "Unidentified yacht, this is Free Trader Maize Star, vector bearing 49º, mark 6 at 270. Please acknowledge course." He performs a routine scan to see what he can find out about the ship's features.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#14 Post by lenusmars »

Tiglath wrote:He smiles "Madamoiselle Sara you are quick so I'm sure you would make an excellent duellist - but if you are going to take it up as a career please let me give you some lessons".

"Can't hurt to learn! It would add to my dashing persona," Sara grins.

[quote"Tiglath"]
He eyes the sensor screen and unconsciously touches the gold ring held with the dog tags at his neck. “If that turns out to be a Foix household vessel I would be grateful if you do not announce my presence. I believe the Comtesse may be looking for me”.
Sara raises an eyebrow, having noticed the change in both Vee and Foix's demeanor during the week. "Are we likely to run into your house ships out here?"
Ramona wrote:“Sara my dear, you are far to intelligent to allow yourself to be dragged into the foolish pass times of Imperial Nobility,” Ana says leaning on the back of her chair, “and what’s a parrot?”
"Ha... It's this colorful bird that can talk. Always wanted to see one... they sound hilarious."

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:
Ramona wrote:“Sara my dear, you are far to intelligent to allow yourself to be dragged into the foolish pass times of Imperial Nobility,” Ana says leaning on the back of her chair, “and what’s a parrot?”
"Ha... It's this colorful bird that can talk. Always wanted to see one... they sound hilarious."
“Only corvids can talk, I think someone’s pulling your leg.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ffilz »

Starbeard wrote:
Tiglath wrote:
Thanks!

Chu spends the week, between periods of relaxation and entertainment, reviewing the schematics of the monitor they rigged up on Shedezar, and trying to sort out a hypothetical revision. "I know we could've done this more efficiently if we had more time. These relays are all over the place. I'l bet if we fabricated a type-2 pulse motivator instead of a type-1, we could figure out how to cut down on signal emissions by 15%. I wonder…"

Back in realspace, Chu taps the comms and hails the other ship with the standard exchange of information to ensure that they dont crash into each other. "Unidentified yacht, this is Free Trader Maize Star, vector bearing 49º, mark 6 at 270. Please acknowledge course." He performs a routine scan to see what he can find out about the ship's features.
Make an Electronics roll [2d6+1]

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Tiglath »

Foix replies to Sara “If you want to be a duellist then what you really need is a hat with a feather in it to look the part. Perhaps from a parrot? You have the physique of a gymnast, Sara, so though you’d be out reached with a blade your speed would make you absolutely murderous with a polearm. Of course if you want to dispense with etiquette and fully embrace Imperial culture then just learn to shoot people - Ana or I could teach you and Chu is a master with the SMG”. He smiles “You could still wear the hat!”

He continues “There are Foix holdings throughout the Rift with the domain’s main assets along the jump route through Damkina. Household vessels service all these locations. I was hoping to discover news along the main routes without revealing my presence”.

(OOC: Sara has great physical stats so should probably max her advantage with a weapon that gives a +2 DM for high Str (Melee) or high Dex (Shooting) (see last page Bk1).

She’d get +2 with cudgel (Bo staff sounds cooler! ;) ), spear or bayonet and +1 with all handguns but +2 with Auto/Rifle, SMG or even laser weapons. SMG might cover many bases - but pick what takes your fancy! :) ).

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: Sara has great physical stats so should probably max her advantage with a weapon that gives a +2 DM for high Str (Melee) or high Dex (Shooting) (see last page Bk1).

She’d get +2 with cudgel (Bo staff sounds cooler! ;) ), spear or bayonet and +1 with all handguns but +2 with Auto/Rifle, SMG or even laser weapons. SMG might cover many bases - but pick what takes your fancy! :) ).
On this, I would note that Sara has not attempted to start a training program. If she makes a [2d6+DM] (where DM is the weapon's advantageous STR or DEX DM that she qualifies for) of 8+ she could start a training program in that weapons (she may attempt to start 1 or 2 such programs) and immediately get a temporary level-1 in the weapon that becomes permanent if she maintains the program for 4 years.

p.s. Tiglath - did you know about the ooc and dialog tags? You can use those instead of setting color tags for dialog or ooc discussion.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Tiglath »

ffilz wrote:p.s. Tiglath - did you know about the ooc and dialog tags? You can use those instead of setting color tags for dialog or ooc discussion.[/ooc]
Thanks -this is me trying them out! However, while Foix speaks in dark blue Grimaud uses medium blue - it's a regional accent thing! If they both suddenly start speaking in green it means I've totally lost the plot and think I'm in my 1st Ed AD&D campaign. :)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Starbeard »

ffilz wrote:Make an Electronics roll [2d6+1]
What's the campaign ID?

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”