001 cargo and passenger logistics

ffilz
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Kicking off

#41 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:"Well the problem is I need help getting the container..."
"Go on, I'm listening," Vee watches him carefully.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:"Well the problem is I need help getting the container..."
"Go on, I'm listening," Vee watches him carefully.
Well, see, like I said, the container belonged to my friend. It's located at a shipping warehouse in the city. I'm just a news reporter so it's not really in my skill set to liberate it, though with my press pass I think I could help you get there. I wish it was possible to get the paper work through, but with everything in shambles that just isn't going to work. If Diego had just moved the container into storage at the star port...

Is anyone else with Vee?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Well, see, like I said, the container belonged to my friend. It's located at a shipping warehouse in the city. I'm just a news reporter so it's not really in my skill set to liberate it, though with my press pass I think I could help you get there. I wish it was possible to get the paper work through, but with everything in shambles that just isn't going to work. If Diego had just moved the container into storage at the star port...

Is anyone else with Vee?
Vee shakes her head. "I can talk to one of the other crew about getting it for you. If we can't, are you still leaving?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Well, see, like I said, the container belonged to my friend. It's located at a shipping warehouse in the city. I'm just a news reporter so it's not really in my skill set to liberate it, though with my press pass I think I could help you get there. I wish it was possible to get the paper work through, but with everything in shambles that just isn't going to work. If Diego had just moved the container into storage at the star port...

Is anyone else with Vee?
Vee shakes her head. "I can talk to one of the other crew about getting it for you. If we can't, are you still leaving?"
I'll have to take my chances here if I can't get it out.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:I'll have to take my chances here if I can't get it out.
Vee nods. "Okay, let me see what I can do. I will call you back when I have an answer."

She steps away and comms Ana. "Our passenger with the ten-ton container needs to have us collect it for him," she explains. "It supposedly belonged to a dead friend of his. Do we try for it, or just move on?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:I'll have to take my chances here if I can't get it out.
Vee nods. "Okay, let me see what I can do. I will call you back when I have an answer."

She steps away and comms Ana. "Our passenger with the ten-ton container needs to have us collect it for him," she explains. "It supposedly belonged to a dead friend of his. Do we try for it, or just move on?"
Ana sighs, slides down the berm a metre and wishes she could rub her eyes, “Did he happen to mention where it was? I mean I can drive a truck but I’d rather not have to duck throught the front lines twice to retrieve someone’s lost luggage.”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Ana sighs, slides down the berm a metre and wishes she could rub her eyes, “Did he happen to mention where it was? I mean I can drive a truck but I’d rather not have to duck throught the front lines twice to retrieve someone’s lost luggage.”
"I will bring him to meet with us, if he will come," Vee replies. Leaving the comm circuit open, she turns to the man. "Come meet one of my shipmates. She will talk with us and see if what you ask is possible."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:Ana sighs, slides down the berm a metre and wishes she could rub her eyes, “Did he happen to mention where it was? I mean I can drive a truck but I’d rather not have to duck throught the front lines twice to retrieve someone’s lost luggage.”
"I will bring him to meet with us, if he will come," Vee replies. Leaving the comm circuit open, she turns to the man. "Come meet one of my shipmates. She will talk with us and see if what you ask is possible."

He will accompany you.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:He will accompany you.
"Okay, I have him with me," Vee replies to Ana. "I take it you're outside, judging by the gunfire in the background." She starts walking toward the ship.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
"Okay, I have him with me," Vee replies to Ana. "I take it you're outside, judging by the gunfire in the background." She starts walking toward the ship.
“10-4,” Ana surveys the horizon carefully before looking back at the starport, “we need to loop Wen and the others in on this before making any decisions. Did he happen to mention what it is he wants to move? Not wanting to sound overly suspicious but, that sounds overly suspicious to me.”

Frank - Can we ‘partyline’ our phones?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:“10-4,” Ana surveys the horizon carefully before looking back at the starport, “we need to loop Wen and the others in on this before making any decisions. Did he happen to mention what it is he wants to move? Not wanting to sound overly suspicious but, that sounds overly suspicious to me.”
"No, he didn't, but he doesn't want to leave without it," Vee replies.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:
joertexas wrote:
“10-4,” Ana surveys the horizon carefully before looking back at the starport, “we need to loop Wen and the others in on this before making any decisions. Did he happen to mention what it is he wants to move? Not wanting to sound overly suspicious but, that sounds overly suspicious to me.”

Frank - Can we ‘partyline’ our phones?
Yes, you can party line phones, you can also do video conferences within the starport at least. They really are smart phones except they can't do anything specifically designated as the capacity of some other piece of computer gear in Classic Traveller, so they can't quite do as much as a Hand Computer for example. Yea, they are better in some ways than the standard comms gear, but they are limited to imperial starports and some urban areas on higher tech worlds, and probably on imperial space stations also (and heck, ship board also, though access codes would generally limit their use to your own ship - consider they operate on wifi shipboard).

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:“10-4,” Ana surveys the horizon carefully before looking back at the starport, “we need to loop Wen and the others in on this before making any decisions. Did he happen to mention what it is he wants to move? Not wanting to sound overly suspicious but, that sounds overly suspicious to me.”
Ana nods, she dials up Wen’s phone and links him into the call, “Skip, I’ve got Vee on the line, she’s found some fellow in the bar who wants to pay a lot of money to move something he doesn’t possess. He wants to have a face to face, Vee can fill you in on the particulars better than I can.”

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#54 Post by erkenbrand »

Whilst everyone seemed to rush off on important cargo procurement duties, Simon was happy to remain on the bridge, his efforts to contact trade brokers was not moving forward enough, partly due to his distraction of how the ship's systems had been tuned, he starts trying to reconfigure for a more comfortable feel.
Ramona wrote: “Contact Lt. Simon Palliser, tell him Fenrir sent you to enquire about the mobile bases. He quoted me 25k but haggle with him. ###-####-####”
On receiving Ana's message, Simon tries to use the information on the dealing contact.

I've been a little sidetracked due to RL and just caught up, can someone advise what is happening which the deals, do I roll some dice or something, there does not seem to be any feedback on what Simon is doing (trying to find trade).

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by ffilz »

erkenbrand wrote:Whilst everyone seemed to rush off on important cargo procurement duties, Simon was happy to remain on the bridge, his efforts to contact trade brokers was not moving forward enough, partly due to his distraction of how the ship's systems had been tuned, he starts trying to reconfigure for a more comfortable feel.
Ramona wrote: “Contact Lt. Simon Palliser, tell him Fenrir sent you to enquire about the mobile bases. He quoted me 25k but haggle with him. ###-####-####”
On receiving Ana's message, Simon tries to use the information on the dealing contact.

I've been a little sidetracked due to RL and just caught up, can someone advise what is happening which the deals, do I roll some dice or something, there does not seem to be any feedback on what Simon is doing (trying to find trade).
I had generated the following for you:

Available cargoes:
30 ton, 20 ton, 15 ton, 10 ton, 5 ton, 5 ton

Speculative trade has a load of up to 27 tons of Steel at 450 cr per ton, or 455 cr per ton if you don't purchase the entire lot.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Ramona »

Ana’s contact had nothing to do with the cargo because if we do the refugee route we’ll be filled to the gills on the hold. I think he’s trying to get a hold of my guy and see if he can haggle him down further.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Ana nods, she dials up Wen’s phone and links him into the call, “Skip, I’ve got Vee on the line, she’s found some fellow in the bar who wants to pay a lot of money to move something he doesn’t possess. He wants to have a face to face, Vee can fill you in on the particulars better than I can.”
"Okay, we'll talk, but Ramona has an idea to fill our hold with modules and the modules with colonists bound for Fogbound. If we do that I don't know if we'll have room for much else." Wen replies.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Okay, we'll talk, but Ramona has an idea to fill our hold with modules and the modules with colonists bound for Fogbound. If we do that I don't know if we'll have room for much else." Wen replies.
"So do I tell him we can't do this," Vee asks.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Ramona »

Eris wrote:
Ramona wrote:Ana nods, she dials up Wen’s phone and links him into the call, “Skip, I’ve got Vee on the line, she’s found some fellow in the bar who wants to pay a lot of money to move something he doesn’t possess. He wants to have a face to face, Vee can fill you in on the particulars better than I can.”
"Okay, we'll talk, but Ramona has an idea to fill our hold with modules and the modules with colonists bound for Fogbound. If we do that I don't know if we'll have room for much else." Wen replies.
Ana looks at her phone quizzically, “That’s my idea skipper and who’s Ramona? Part of me is really hoping you say some bat crap crazy ex with a grudge.”

She returns her attention to the horizon and the burning city in the distance, “This load would require us to leave one modular hab behind and 6 refugees it would also require us going somewhere potentially dangerous to retrieve it.”

Yes the account name is Ramona but the character is not. :)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:She returns her attention to the horizon and the burning city in the distance, “This load would require us to leave one modular hab behind and 6 refugees it would also require us going somewhere potentially dangerous to retrieve it.”
"I'll bring him to talk to you anyway, Ana." Vee leads the customer toward the ship.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”