It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:19 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
joertexas wrote:
”Young couples, or young families," Vee steps up beside Ana. "They have the best chance to make it on their own in another star system, if they have a marketable skill." She shrugs. "It's a bit cold-hearted, but we have to draw a line somewhere."

Ana raises an eyebrow, “Cold hearted would be, no cash, no seat. We’re not represetatives of the final destination, we have no idea what will or won’t be marketable skills and that’s not our jobs. I’m not fussy how we choose if we decide to go down this path, random lottery, first come first serve, it’s up to the skip.”

Ana pushes her hair back behind her ears, “The other problem we have to consider is who knows if the final destination will even want them, Shedezar could just as easily tell us to take a hike and refuse to let us land. Refugees are about as popular as a starship full of toxic waste, the first ship is novel and exciting and people have fund raisers and fancy dress parties to raise awareness. Fifteen ships later and the shine starts to come off that apple real quick. Suddenly what began as an altruistic venture becomes people smuggling.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 291
Eris wrote:
"As far as cargo and passengers, I haven't had a chance to look into that yet."Wen says, "I dare say we won't have trouble getting folks who want off this rock, and we do have 20 low berths we can fill. Cargo, I'm much more unsure of."

"Folks, the thing is we've only got one place to jump to from here and that's a Zero population planet called Fogbound. I doubt any passengers will want to be dropped off there, so they'll be paying to go through Fogbound and on to our next destination. That will pretty much have to be Shedezar (D589799-7 Ri) as the other choice is also a zero pop planet called Bistron. "

"We're going to need to do some smart speculative trading out here to make enough money to keep the wolves...and the bank...away from our door. Now, Shedezar is a rich planet and agricultural and luxury products do sell well on planets like that so that's what we'll be looking for, right? I'm probably going to be pretty busy getting the ship ready to fly, so we probably need someone else to step up and look for a good buy here for us to sell on Shedezar."

Reminder from before:

Due to the refugee situation, I will rule that you will have no trouble filling all low berths, high and middle passages I will roll on the usual charts, however, your next destination is population 0... Ooh, that's rough... You will need to role play to acquire passengers other than low (again due to desperation, low passenger refugees will pay 2000 cr for passage to the next inhabited world you visit). You may be able to find passengers interested in shipping cargo also.

Koradin would also be an acceptable destination to low passengers. You may want to consider where you ultimately want to go, Fogbound might not continue to be as well served if trade to Tegel shuts down.


Quote:
OOC: We're also going to need Jump Tapes for all of our jumps. Here on Tegel we can buy one for Fogbound, but can we also buy a Jump Tape from Fogbound to Shedezar here, or will tapes be available for purchase at the E class...bare ground with a fence around it...star port on Fogbound?

Given that all these worlds are on space lanes, I will assume even a Class E star port office has a computer capable of generating jump tapes, though they could also be shipped in from neighboring worlds. You can purchase jump tapes for other routes than just those from the star you are at and they are good for at least 4 weeks (I may have ruled somewhere on how long they are good for, have to check all my notes...).

Frank

_________________
Lieutenant Chandra Gupta 87BB47, Age 26, Navy, 2 Terms. Engineering-2, Dagger-1, Mechanic-1, Gunnery-1, Electronic-0, Gravitics-0, Vacc-Suit-0, Zero-G-Combat-0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 457
Ramona wrote:
Ana raises an eyebrow, “Cold hearted would be, no cash, no seat. We’re not represetatives of the final destination, we have no idea what will or won’t be marketable skills and that’s not our jobs. I’m not fussy how we choose if we decide to go down this path, random lottery, first come first serve, it’s up to the skip.”

Ana pushes her hair back behind her ears, “The other problem we have to consider is who knows if the final destination will even want them, Shedezar could just as easily tell us to take a hike and refuse to let us land. Refugees are about as popular as a starship full of toxic waste, the first ship is novel and exciting and people have fund raisers and fancy dress parties to raise awareness. Fifteen ships later and the shine starts to come off that apple real quick. Suddenly what began as an altruistic venture becomes people smuggling.”


Vee turns to Ana. "First, young couples or families would be the least troublesome passengers. Second, they would also be more likely to be admitted onto another world, since they are likely to *not* be troublesome refugees." She faces the captain. "Captain, letting random people aboard isn't a good policy, in my opinion."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
joertexas wrote:
Vee turns to Ana. "First, young couples or families would be the least troublesome passengers. Second, they would also be more likely to be admitted onto another world, since they are likely to *not* be troublesome refugees." She faces the captain. "Captain, letting random people aboard isn't a good policy, in my opinion."

“I am pretty sure if I look ‘space taxi’ up in the dictionary there’s a line in there somewhere about accepting money from random people for a ride from planet A to planet B.”

Ana rubs the bridge of her nose, “As for who we decide to take, that’d be up to the skipper, but keep in mind choosing who gets to go means having to tell some recently widowed middle aged mother of three that her money’s no good here.”

The tall military woman turns her eyes to Wen, “I might be able to get a line on some decommissioned temporary military shelters, it won’t be pretty, it won’t be comfortable and it’ll likely take a week to get them out of the hold, and month to get rid of the smell. Who knows, maybe if we’re really lucky we might just break even but in the long run it might buy us some good will for future endeavours.”

“I may also be able to point you in the direction of some local stuffed shirts looking for a way out. Although what we do in the end is ultimately up to you though sir.”


Last edited by Ramona on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 pm 
Offline
Runner
Runner

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 16
Image
Ramona wrote:
“So,”Ana says counting on her fingers and nodding to everyone in turn, “let me see if I have this right, two captains, two first officers, a second officer, two third officers, a scout and a grunt. That’s a lot of brass.”

She grins a little and winks at Sara, “Well I mean at least the two of us have some real world experience and we can probably guess who’s going to get stuck unstopping the bog."


Sara chuckles and grins back, another blush tinting her fair skin as she then looks around, studiously avoiding staring at Ana's arms again.

Eris wrote:
"Guitar player?" Wen grins,"That's great! What sort of music do you play? I have a violin that I fiddle around with, mostly Gypsy or Traveller Jazz. Maybe we can jam sometime?


"I'd love that, sir... uh, Wen, I mean... as for what I play... well you know Scouts, we're all about exploration, so a bit of everything, but I am fond of bluegrass and folk music."

Eris wrote:
"Level 2 Pilot, some local information and surviving the Scout Service shows you have good instincts. If you're agreeable to the Articles of Agreement, welcome to the crew Sara!", Wen offers his hand to shake on it.


Sara shakes his hand solidly. "I am and thank you!" She has a good grip, even if from a small, almost delicate hand.

She looks distressed at the choices concerning refugee passengers. She hadn't considered until now that they'd have to pick and choose among desperate people. "I'd prioritize anyone with children, full traditional family or not." She adds in.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
lenusmars wrote:
Sara shakes his hand solidly. "I am and thank you!" She has a good grip, even if from a small, almost delicate hand.

She looks distressed at the choices concerning refugee passengers. She hadn't considered until now that they'd have to pick and choose among desperate people. "I'd prioritize anyone with children, full traditional family or not." She adds in.

“The worst part is even if we could scrounge up or steal enough shelters to fill the cargo-hold for next to nothing we may only be able to get 70 I dunno maybe 90 people tops in the hold no including cabins and lowberths. There are thousands of people trying to get out of here, I mean at that point are we even helping or are we simply providing a false sense of hope?” Ana frowns and shrugs.

“Either way we should probably keep this under our hats till we figure out the logistics of it and whether it’s even feasible.” Ana pulls her boots off and starts to get out of the lower half of her vac-suit, “Someone should probably keep an eye on the perimeter while the rest of you spacey types get this thing up and running. Just try not to turn on any external lights, lights tend to draw attention from unwanted eyes.”

Ana pulls her regular clothes back on before sliding back into her armored vest.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
Runner
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:50 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Pacific Northwest
Mark volunteered to go back out and ‘watch. He paused before returning his filter mask to his face.

”I know my two creds aren’t worth much yet, but it wasn’t the refugees that tried to mutiny on us a few years ago. It was a different situation, to be sure, but the more folks pay... seems the more entitled they get. I’m all for prioritizing the paying customer, but Character is what counts if things get hot. Just sayin’.”

”I’ll post up by the berm again. Don’t leave without me!”

Mark grinned, but made sure to make intentional eye contact with everyone before ducking back under his mask and heading outside. A sort of Character Litmus test of his own.

_________________
insert(wit)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:39 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 524
Location: Pace, Fl
"I appreciate that this is a difficult situation for the locals, but we aren't wealthy or powerful enough to be either a charity or a rescue organization." Wen says, "My first priority, and I hope it is all of ours, is the get this ship safely away from here...and to make enough of a profit doing so, so that we can keep travelling."

OOC: Did the UWP for Fogbound just change, or did I read it wrong? It is now showing as D665665-1. That's no E starport, 0 pop world! I'm going with this version of Fogbound! :)

What is the time of day?

BTW, I'm going to use the idea that your Service and number of terms there in is a good indicator of what your character can do...beyond any skills you might have listed. Frank can correct me if I have it wrong, but my thinking is that if your PC has been in the Merchants for several terms they would be familiar with getting, vetting and loading passengers and cargo.


"Unless anyone has a better idea, I think we should load up with paying passengers here with the intent to transport them to Fogbound. They might be running from the fighting here, they might be business people, they might be travellers. We don't really care what their motives are, just that they have the cash to pay for the trip. If we do a good turn by folks along the way, that's fine, but it's not priority one." Wen says, "So, some orders..."

"Vee and Stefan, contact a passenger broker and get us a full complement of passengers bound for Fogbound. Fill all 20 low berths if you can and five of the passenger staterooms. One we'll have to keep for crew use, I'm afraid. Oh, and we're charging standard rates. I'd like to maximize our return on the passengers, so look for passengers that will double up in the staterooms...2 times 8 is better than 1 times 10."
Wen smiles.

"Simon, would you contact the local cargo brokers and see if you can find a good cargo for us to buy here that we can sell on Fogbound for a profit. Also find any freight that is bound for Fogbound that we can move at the standard 1 KCr/ton. I'd like to leave here fully loaded."

"Ana, I'd like you to see to setting up security for our ship. What have we got now, what do we need, and what can we afford to install right now?"

"Sara, can get in touch with your Imperial Scout Service friends here on Tegal and see if you can find out any more data on Fogbound, Shedezar and any other worlds in the vicinity."

"Manon and Logan, I want you to check systems on the bridge and in engineering. I'd like a report on how much we have to do to get the ship ready to lift ASAP. I'd really like us to be out of here within 3 days time if we can do it.

"Mark, you've got the really hard job." Wen's eyes twinkle a bit as he continues, "There are 9 of us and 4 crew cabins. We'll take 1 of the passenger staterooms for now, but that's 9 into 5 rooms. I want you to get the rooms ready for occupancy, all of them, and then assign quarters for each of us. The Captain should have a cabin to himself, but it will double as his office, so he's not going to have any more room than anyone else, really. I know that means doubling up for everyone else, but that can't be helped. Mark, coordinate with Logan on life support and Ana on security matters, but for this first voyage, at least, we'll abide by your cabin assignments."

"That leaves me." Wen grins, "I'm going to be busy for the next day, or so, getting our account set up at the bank and getting all the administrative stuff we need to get done to get out of here done.

"Once we have our bank account set up, and we know just how much money is in the kitty, we'll be able to process requests for purchases. Filling the Ship's Locker, buying additional software or hardware for security, and so on. We will have another meeting tomorrow to update everyone on our progress."

"Is this acceptable to everyone?"

I need to know how much of the 20,000 cr buy-in each PC is putting into the Ship's Account at this point so I can "get the account set up." If your PC can't put up the whole amount, we'll get from them later from their share of the profits, but we really need some Cash On Hand now to make purchases to get us going.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 457
Eris wrote:
I need to know how much of the 20,000 cr buy-in each PC is putting into the Ship's Account at this point so I can "get the account set up." If your PC can't put up the whole amount, we'll get from them later from their share of the profits, but we really need some Cash On Hand now to make purchases to get us going.


Vee puts up 30,000 cr toward the ship's fund. "I'll cover whomever can't come up with a full share," she explains to Wen. "We need the cash, I know, and I don't have anything to spend it on, anyway."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:58 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 291
Eris wrote:
"I appreciate that this is a difficult situation for the locals, but we aren't wealthy or powerful enough to be either a charity or a rescue organization." Wen says, "My first priority, and I hope it is all of ours, is the get this ship safely away from here...and to make enough of a profit doing so, so that we can keep travelling."

OOC: Did the UWP for Fogbound just change, or did I read it wrong? It is now showing as D665665-1. That's no E starport, 0 pop world! I'm going with this version of Fogbound! :)


[ooc]Oh crud, my web site banner was created from the wrong version of the sector map... Let me think if I want to actually revert it. I'll be giving some thought, so it may be later today before i respond with anything that actually depends on this change. It does sort of make things work better in the subsector. It might make me consider changing Bistron also...
Quote:
What is the time of day?

BTW, I'm going to use the idea that your Service and number of terms there in is a good indicator of what your character can do...beyond any skills you might have listed. Frank can correct me if I have it wrong, but my thinking is that if your PC has been in the Merchants for several terms they would be familiar with getting, vetting and loading passengers and cargo.[/ooc]

Service history definitely has relevance, though I would allow anyone to utilize the standard tables for cargo and passengers. On the bits below, my reading is that normally doubling up of passengers isn't allowed, but again, we have special circumstances here. In fact, outside PC ships and military ships, it would be rare for crew to double up.

Another factor for consideration, I don't use fuel purifiers... so operating out of a non-Class A or Class-B starport means unrefined fuel and chance of misjump...

Quote:
"Unless anyone has a better idea, I think we should load up with paying passengers here with the intent to transport them to Fogbound. They might be running from the fighting here, they might be business people, they might be travellers. We don't really care what their motives are, just that they have the cash to pay for the trip. If we do a good turn by folks along the way, that's fine, but it's not priority one." Wen says, "So, some orders..."

"Vee and Stefan, contact a passenger broker and get us a full complement of passengers bound for Fogbound. Fill all 20 low berths if you can and five of the passenger staterooms. One we'll have to keep for crew use, I'm afraid. Oh, and we're charging standard rates. I'd like to maximize our return on the passengers, so look for passengers that will double up in the staterooms...2 times 8 is better than 1 times 10."
Wen smiles.

"Simon, would you contact the local cargo brokers and see if you can find a good cargo for us to buy here that we can sell on Fogbound for a profit. Also find any freight that is bound for Fogbound that we can move at the standard 1 KCr/ton. I'd like to leave here fully loaded."

"Ana, I'd like you to see to setting up security for our ship. What have we got now, what do we need, and what can we afford to install right now?"

"Sara, can get in touch with your Imperial Scout Service friends here on Tegal and see if you can find out any more data on Fogbound, Shedezar and any other worlds in the vicinity."

"Manon and Logan, I want you to check systems on the bridge and in engineering. I'd like a report on how much we have to do to get the ship ready to lift ASAP. I'd really like us to be out of here within 3 days time if we can do it.

"Mark, you've got the really hard job." Wen's eyes twinkle a bit as he continues, "There are 9 of us and 4 crew cabins. We'll take 1 of the passenger staterooms for now, but that's 9 into 5 rooms. I want you to get the rooms ready for occupancy, all of them, and then assign quarters for each of us. The Captain should have a cabin to himself, but it will double as his office, so he's not going to have any more room than anyone else, really. I know that means doubling up for everyone else, but that can't be helped. Mark, coordinate with Logan on life support and Ana on security matters, but for this first voyage, at least, we'll abide by your cabin assignments."

"That leaves me." Wen grins, "I'm going to be busy for the next day, or so, getting our account set up at the bank and getting all the administrative stuff we need to get done to get out of here done.

"Once we have our bank account set up, and we know just how much money is in the kitty, we'll be able to process requests for purchases. Filling the Ship's Locker, buying additional software or hardware for security, and so on. We will have another meeting tomorrow to update everyone on our progress."

"Is this acceptable to everyone?"

I need to know how much of the 20,000 cr buy-in each PC is putting into the Ship's Account at this point so I can "get the account set up." If your PC can't put up the whole amount, we'll get from them later from their share of the profits, but we really need some Cash On Hand now to make purchases to get us going.

_________________
Lieutenant Chandra Gupta 87BB47, Age 26, Navy, 2 Terms. Engineering-2, Dagger-1, Mechanic-1, Gunnery-1, Electronic-0, Gravitics-0, Vacc-Suit-0, Zero-G-Combat-0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 457
Eris wrote:
"Vee and Stefan, contact a passenger broker and get us a full complement of passengers bound for Fogbound. Fill all 20 low berths if you can and five of the passenger staterooms. One we'll have to keep for crew use, I'm afraid. Oh, and we're charging standard rates. I'd like to maximize our return on the passengers, so look for passengers that will double up in the staterooms...2 times 8 is better than 1 times 10."[/dialog] Wen smiles.


"Yes, Captain," Vee replies with a nod. She turns to Stefan. "Okay, so we have to find thirty passengers, plus the odd small child, if we go with my idea of booking families into the staterooms. It doesn't matter so much about the low berths - they won't be troublesome during the trip."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline
Strider
Strider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:03 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Croydon, UK
Eris wrote:
"Simon, would you contact the local cargo brokers and see if you can find a good cargo for us to buy here that we can sell on Fogbound for a profit. Also find any freight that is bound for Fogbound that we can move at the standard 1 KCr/ton. I'd like to leave here fully loaded."


"Right you are, captain. I was more of a bridge man than down with the traders, but I know my way around broker systems.", he gets onto the communications console to locate brokerage sites and starts checking them out.

What rolls do I need to make for trade?

Eris wrote:
I need to know how much of the 20,000 cr buy-in each PC is putting into the Ship's Account at this point so I can "get the account set up." If your PC can't put up the whole amount, we'll get from them later from their share of the profits, but we really need some Cash On Hand now to make purchases to get us going.


Simon donates his Cr 20,000, leaving him penniless.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
Runner
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:50 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Pacific Northwest
Debating if I should just rp that Mark heard Cpt. Wen's assignment speech. Or, since he already said his piece and went back outside to "guard" the ship... if he should have missed it.

_________________
insert(wit)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 524
Location: Pace, Fl
GodricTheWell wrote:
Debating if I should just rp that Mark heard Cpt. Wen's assignment speech. Or, since he already said his piece and went back outside to "guard" the ship... if he should have missed it.


If you missed it, Wen will hunt Mark down and tell him individually. :)

Wen is going to be leaving the ship and heading to the bank that holds the mortgage on Mazie Star. He needs to find out if there are overdue payments, how much, and when the next payment is due. He'll also use this bank to set up the Ship's Account, transferring and/or depositing funds from each of the partners into the account.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
Eris wrote:
"Simon, would you contact the local cargo brokers and see if you can find a good cargo for us to buy here that we can sell on Fogbound for a profit. Also find any freight that is bound for Fogbound that we can move at the standard 1 KCr/ton. I'd like to leave here fully loaded."

Ana nods at Simon, “We should talk, I might be able to point you in a direction or two.”
Eris wrote:
"Ana, I'd like you to see to setting up security for our ship. What have we got now, what do we need, and what can we afford to install right now?"

“Sir,” Ana says looking quickly about the lounge at the locks, cameras and such. “I’ll get the crew bio-metrics in the system first and then see if I can find some passenger keycards for the stateroom doors. If you’re headed out sir we should get you in the system first.”

Ana looks at Manon and Logan,“Once you get things online and pioritized maybe one of you can help familiarize me with what we’ve got and set up a secure com system for the crew.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:42 am 
Offline
Strider
Strider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:03 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Croydon, UK
Ramona wrote:
Ana nods at Simon, “We should talk, I might be able to point you in a direction or two.”

Simons nods back, "Any assistance appreciated, its been a while since I've done deals."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am 
Offline
Runner
Runner

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:00 pm
Posts: 16
Image

Quote:
I need to know how much of the 20,000 cr buy-in each PC is putting into the Ship's Account at this point so I can "get the account set up." If your PC can't put up the whole amount, we'll get from them later from their share of the profits, but we really need some Cash On Hand now to make purchases to get us going.


After signing the articles, Sara puts cards for 18000 credits on the table. "Sorry I'm short." Then stops and rolls her eyes and shakes her head ruefully. "I mean short of the buy in, but being short kind of relates to it. They wouldn't let me keep the vacc suit I had fitted out and it's not that easy to get one that fits me well, so..." She shrugs.

Eris wrote:
"Sara, can get in touch with your Imperial Scout Service friends here on Tegal and see if you can find out any more data on Fogbound, Shedezar and any other worlds in the vicinity."


A touch of dismay flashes across her face, but she schools it pretty fast. With the scuttlebut in the scouts about her sudden resignation it will be a little humiliating to hit up her service mates for information, but she did say that was part of her contribution. "Yes sir, I'll get my gear stowed and see what I can find out."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
lenusmars wrote:
After signing the articles, Sara puts cards for 18000 credits on the table. "Sorry I'm short." Then stops and rolls her eyes and shakes her head ruefully. "I mean short of the buy in, but being short kind of relates to it. They wouldn't let me keep the vacc suit I had fitted out and it's not that easy to get one that fits me well, so..." She shrugs.

Eris wrote:
"Sara, can get in touch with your Imperial Scout Service friends here on Tegal and see if you can find out any more data on Fogbound, Shedezar and any other worlds in the vicinity."

Ana slides 2,000cr across the table to Sara,“When you can afford it, you can pay me back, now I need to steal our captain and get him into the system.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm
Posts: 153
erkenbrand wrote:
Ramona wrote:
Ana nods at Simon, “We should talk, I might be able to point you in a direction or two.”

Simons nods back, "Any assistance appreciated, its been a while since I've done deals."

“When I finish getting the skip into the system I’ll come looking for you.”Ana says adjusting her body armour.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Kicking off
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 457
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
"Vee and Stefan, contact a passenger broker and get us a full complement of passengers bound for Fogbound. Fill all 20 low berths if you can and five of the passenger staterooms. One we'll have to keep for crew use, I'm afraid. Oh, and we're charging standard rates. I'd like to maximize our return on the passengers, so look for passengers that will double up in the staterooms...2 times 8 is better than 1 times 10."[/dialog] Wen smiles.


"Yes, Captain," Vee replies with a nod. She turns to Stefan. "Okay, so we have to find thirty passengers, plus the odd small child, if we go with my idea of booking families into the staterooms. It doesn't matter so much about the low berths - they won't be troublesome during the trip."


"I'll go to the terminal; maybe you can check the local datanet for leads," she suggests to Stefan. Vee stashes her duffel bag in the cargo bay, since she hasn't been assigned a cabin. After a quick trip to the fresher, she puts on her mask, and cycles through the airlock. The walk across the tarmac is punctuated by the sounds of gunfire and artillery, and she hurries to the terminal. There, she looks for areas where people seeking passage offworld might congregate.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1

Wine Dark Rift
Anevay "Vee" Becker, 886953, Merchant, 1st Officer, 3 terms, 30
Electronics-1, Mechanical-1, Medical-1, Navigation-2, Pilot-1, Pistol-1

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group