OOC Discussion

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#81 Post by sulldawga »

Hmm, neither one of those rumors sounds promising. Maybe we should just stick to stopping banditry. At least we know they have gold.

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#82 Post by tymir »

I am for whatever brings in the most gold/exp. That may be bandit hunting. As long as we don't end up in a fair fight with them.

One idea along those lines:

We could use our newfound wealth to provision a caravan, or fake caravan where the merchants are hired guards. We could then scout with Hamiya's vulture. When we spot the bandits we then have the party range out off the trail. When the bandits show up we flank them with summoned berserkers/missile fire. Then track back to their lair, or capture one or two and make them take us to their camp.

Just a thought.
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rex »

OK, sounds like we are leaning towards bandits. Not sure about endangering others in our plan but we can figure that out if we can get a bit more intel.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by drpete »

Ok, so there are two "bandit" rumors... There's the "Red Hand" bandits harrying caravans to the east, and also bandits attacking an outpost in the south. The outpost has called for help.

There are also a handful of other leads that people have opted not to share for one reason or another, and there is still the spider cult which might be worth trying to pursue further one way or another.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#85 Post by Lamech »

I also vote bandits. We could see if the caravans are hiring guards and if they are join up with one.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by sulldawga »

I vote we help the outpost that's requesting help.

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#87 Post by tymir »

I am good with helping the outpost.

Are we distributing the loot or keeping it pooled?

Is there a bank in Kuntan? That's a lot of money to carry around.
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by drpete »

There is financial service provided by the Temple of the Great One which would work...

People can be entered into the rolls with a deposit of at least 100 gp. They will set up a password with which they can do business with the temple...

Services include:
Ransom insurance: The owner gets a small numbered pin which looks like a little flame (for the Great One's sacred flame). If you are captured, they can use the pin (and a password you set up) to arrange a ransom for you. This encourages enemies to try to capture rather than kill you, as well. Ransom money must be set up ahead of time for a 5% fee.

Bank drafts: The bank will give clients a scroll indicating an amount of money will be paid to another account holder. The money comes out of your account immediately, and goes into their account when they surrender the scroll. Cost: 1% of amount.

Secure Storage: 2.5 silver per stone per day.

Interest: 1% per year.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#89 Post by Lamech »

I voted for distributing 200gp to each person.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by drpete »

On the next goal, we've got 2 for the bandits down south, no other votes (yet).

We've got 1 for distribution, no other votes (yet).

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by sulldawga »

I think it might make sense to add a "Party" share to treasure distribution that we can use for Party needs, like hiring locksmiths or buying vials of Holy Water.

So if we have seven PCs, divide the treasure into eight shares.

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#92 Post by tymir »

I am in favor of a distribution with a share for party expenses. Also if there is some adjustment because some of us have an extra character that seems fair to me. Maybe 2nd characters get half shares?
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rex »

Party share is fine with Khawaji and Solomon. They also vote for helping the out post.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by drpete »

I've done a preliminary accounting, considering the holy water and locksmith came out of the party share... Each of you therefore gets: 253.9 gp

Let me know what you want to do with it, then we'll move on to the next adventure.

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#95 Post by tymir »

Are there pack or riding animals available for sale?

Jaskar would also like to buy chainmail if possible.

Did/Do we get exp for the gem that was sold?
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by drpete »

Yup, you got xp for the ruby, and various other treasures. I've been keeping track over on the xp thread, though I've just been updating the post as new treasure gets added.

There are both pack and riding animals for sale, though not huge numbers. There are lots of donkeys available for 8 gp, but fewer of the other types...

Pack animals:
Mule: 20 gp
Medium draft horse: 30 gp
Heavy draft horse: 40 gp

Riding horses:
Medium riding horse: 40 gp
Light riding horse: 75 gp

If you would like one, we can work out the details. There aren't enough on the open market for everybody to buy one straight out. If you wanted a bunch, you'd probably need to have someone spend a week trying to buy some in the market. You'd need to get separate saddles, etc, and they require a bit extra weekly upkeep (stabling fees, etc... Maybe 7 gp/week.

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#97 Post by tymir »

Both Hamiya and Jaskar will look for a medium riding horse each.

Jaskar will also try to purchase a shield and set of chain mail if available.

Jaskar will also check with Polson and his mentor Vatpor to try to hire a mule driver. If he can find a suitable person (someone who can handle a mule and seems loyal) he would then look into purchasing a mule to haul extra supplies/loot/etc.
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by drpete »

I'm fine with this, but before saying you get it, want to check if others want to buy things, as you would be competing with each other over who gets horses, or armor, etc. It should certainly be possible to get a mule driver, too, though that might take a day or two to arrange. So, get your requests in, folks, so we can get back to the action :)

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#99 Post by Lamech »

100 gp in that bank thing. INTEREST!
100 gp into that XP reserve thing. Anonymous, untraceable, donation to the Academy. She has to give anonymously otherwise they'll never stop sending her letters asking for donations.
15 darts (6gp)
2 weeks of iron rations (4gp)

The remainder she shall keep about her person, preferably in platinum coins if the money changer/bank has any

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by drpete »

Does Willow want to arrange for that deposit to act as a ransom, should she be captured, or just be a deposit? Will she tell anyone her password, write it somewhere, or will she keep it secret?

Return to “The Great Thirst (ACKS)”