OOC Discussion

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#41 Post by drpete »

Tymir,

Sounds good to me. A little motivation yo ho out adventuring is most of what ya need there :)

With a handful of contacts, and a spell signature, you should be good to go! A spell signature for a shaman can represent her animal, or some aspect of her relationship to the spirit world... hrmmm, smell of dead meat, maybe...?

Also, I there's a 3rd party acks book with birds in it. I'll have a look and see if we can't tailor something more "vulture-like" for ya... I figure them for bigger and slower than a raven.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#42 Post by Lamech »

Spell Sig Idea for the Witch: The smell of baking bread.

Its hearthy. Hearths can make bread right?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by drpete »

Sounds good, Lamech. Just for context, hearth here refers to the whole mix of things that would go with the fire in an ancient home. Bread, but also warmth, and that family feeling you might associate with a fireplace, or a kitchen, etc

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by drpete »

I think st this point, we need to finalize who is there, and some logistical stuff like marching order, and who is holding torches, nets, etc.

The issue of whice characters are done we can hash out in the other thread, but the logistical stuff you can deal wit either here or in ic. Note the light rules are houseruled, so light carriers should specify who is being well lit, and who is in dim light (which should really be based on proximity, but is a bit tunable... who are you trying to give good light to...)

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#45 Post by tymir »

Hopefully the shaman ritual will give us some insight. I suppose we could tweak the questions as we pause here if there are any suggestions?

Jaskar has rope. Maybe we tie it around whoever leads the way so we can extract them quickly if needed? At least until we get to the bottom of the ladder.

What's the plan for subduing spiders? Net or wrestle them and tie them up? Can you hog tie a spider?

If the shaman ritual reveals that the children are dead, we could also consider waiting and ambushing the spiders here.

If the children are alive we should try to hurry to save them.
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

sounds like the ritual should be next then we can decide where to go from there.

CharlesDM
Strider
Strider

#47 Post by CharlesDM »

Yay. I finally linked my character sheet.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#48 Post by Lamech »

Oh God, ear infections suck. Aleve is actually quite nice. Off to see the doctor tomorrow.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by drpete »

Hope you feel better, Lamech!

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by drpete »

Ok, so there's a decent chance that reaching 100% agreement on something like this spider thing is going to be tough.

My preference is to say that if a course of action has the majority of players behind it, everyone would fall in line and that would be what the group did. People playing 2 pcs don't need to have them vote against each other, unless they are really neutral on the subject, but they don't get 2 votes for one side, either...

So far, I see...
Returning the spiders:
Aghilas

Killing them:
Willow
Khawaji/Solomon
Hazrahi

Neutral:
Hamiya/Jaskar

So right now, it looks like you guys are voting to kill the spiders, is that right, or are you still in the "thinking about it" stage?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rex »

That looks about right. I see Solomon as closer to neutral and Khawaji as less flexible.

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#52 Post by tymir »

Looks right to me.

On a side note, I'm curious about how you are rolling the combats. Are you subtracting 10 plus the target a.c. with whatever modifiers from the die roll and checking if it is over 1?

Just wondering what the methodology is, not questioning it.
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by drpete »

With the combats, I admittedly don't have my macros set up with the standard acks "throw". Technically, I intend to have them set up so what comes out is the AC that gets hit. I've lost track of which system that originally came from (3e, maybe?), but... say as lvl 1 you need 10+ to hit AC 0, and you have a +2 from strength. Instead of d20+2 needs to be bigger than 10+AC (which I think is hard to set up a reusable macro for and leaves me doing math on what comes out of the macro), I'm intending to have it set up as d20+2-10 (or d20-8) = AC hit. That way, I can reuse the macro for different opponents, etc.

There were definite times where I left off a Modifier when I ran the macro and ended up adding it afterwards when figuring out the result. Sometimes a modifier like being at -X for veing in the web went in, too. When that came up I tried to make a note of it, but I didn't do the full breakdown on every round... Also, I set up the macros to do init and the attack/damage rolls in one roll. There were some situations where an attack couldn't go forward (captured spider, say).

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by drpete »

Ok, so it looks like the sentiment has shifted more towards keeping the spiders alive. As I read tgst, Willow and Hazrahi switched their votes to returning the spiders (and keeping an eye on them...) making it 3 for that course of action. Is that "decided" then...?

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#55 Post by tymir »

I am also in favor of returning the spiders, if that helps decide things.
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rex »

call it decided

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by tymir »

I'm in favor of spending a day or two resting up. Can anyone cast detect magic on the box, cloak, belt/red stone things?

How big is the ornate box? My inclination is to smash it open if no one has a better idea...
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rex »

Solomon doesn't have detect magic or detect evil. Would Khawaji know of anywhere around that might have holy water available?

tymir
Tracker
Tracker

#59 Post by tymir »

I am in favor of heading back to Kuntan, collecting any reward there, and picking a new rumor to folow up on.
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rex »

Sounds like a good plan.

Return to “The Great Thirst (ACKS)”