It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2498
Date: Sanctuary 5, 1:00 pm
Season: Early Spring
Weather: Warm, Strong Winds
Moon phase: New Moon
Location: Along the Kuntani River, South of Tusha

After celebrating their newfound good fortune, the group heads south, heading toward the Rangu Watchtower, an outpost at the edge of the mountains to the south, which you have heard is having a bandit problem and needs help.

On the morning of the 4th, you headed out, and spent a fairly uneventful day travelling to the small village of Tusha, where you spent the night in a Caravanserai. This little village is near the edge of the cultivated land of the Kuntan Oasis. The evening passes uneventfully. The caravanserai is a large round building with separate divisions for different groups to store their goods and set up camp. There were two other groups there while you were there, but they stayed largely to themselves and weren't interested in socializing.

The next day, you head out, and leave the comfort of the oasis. A navigable track follows along on the east bank of the river. There is a narrow band of grass and trees on either side of the river, but beyond that band there is no longer greenery, just rocky desert.

As you continue along, at about midday, you see a plume of smoke rising up into the sky, about a quarter mile ahead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2086
Location: south of Boston, MA
Hazrahi frowns at the sight of the plume of smoke.

We should hurry. There could be people in need of help.

The paladin increases his pace.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 am
Posts: 89
Location: North New Jersey
Hamiya calls out to Kareek (spirit vulture's name) with a series of whistles, clicks and shrieks which roughly translate to Fly ahead and scout for danger. Stay safe!

Jaskar dismounts to look for tracks. He warns Etti Find cover if there's trouble.

He calls out to Hazrahi Carefull you don't outpace everyone!

_________________
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2086
Location: south of Boston, MA
tymir wrote:
He calls out to Hazrahi Carefull you don't outpace everyone!


Hazrahi calls out over his shoulder, Not likely in my new plate mail!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:21 am
Posts: 184
Willow will follow the Paladin, but letting him take the lead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:36 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 am
Posts: 89
Location: North New Jersey
Jaskar sighs and climbs back on his horse. Paladins! he mutters under his breath as he spurs his horse forward.

_________________
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2498
The group continues forward, urged on by Hazrahi, who is eager to see if someone needs help. Hamiya gives instructions to Kareek, who flies off into the air to look around. Jaskar considers the tracks briefly, but feels pressed to follow the others.

As you move forward, you see that here in the foothills of the mountains, the black smoke is rising from an area ahead where the river, and the road that follows it, goes into a canyon with high walls on either side. Due to the nature of the terrain, you can't see very far ahead. This makes determining the source of the fire difficult.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2086
Location: south of Boston, MA
Hazrahi pauses a moment.

Good ambush site. We may want to stagger our approach so we're not all caught in it.

He then continues toward the smoke.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 am
Posts: 89
Location: North New Jersey
Do we have a feel for how far we are from the watchtower? Is the smoke possibly coming from there or are we still quite a ways away?


Jaskar and Hamiya follow behind Hazrahi, keeping their eyes peeled for sign of danger.

_________________
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2498
You are still several miles from the place you expect to find the tower.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 190
Location: Northern Vermont
Khawaji

I will scout ahead a bit. He will run ahead (move 150', running and endurance), also entering a state of mindfulness and meditative focus (more alert, many bonuses).

Solomon

Warns Griff to hide if they are attacked.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2498
The group continues to advance, led by Hazrahi, who observes that they seem to be entering a good ambush site. Khawaji, faster than the others, moves ahead to scout out the source of the smoke.

Kareek flies back, and in the process of grooming itself and pecking at Hamiya, it communicates that there are several men up ahead. Some are alive, some are dead. They are cooking meat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:46 pm
Posts: 28
Aghilas observes the group's actions from the end of their column, confident he can charge forward if needed. He assumes we have been spotted as well, and shifts from side to side looking for signs of danger from the sides or rear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 am
Posts: 89
Location: North New Jersey
Hamiya tells the group what Kareek has reported.

_________________
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7


Last edited by tymir on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:16 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 190
Location: Northern Vermont
Khawaji comes running back. I saw 8 bandits ahead, looks like they are cooking a mule. They have a couple of prisoners tied up and several more dead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 2086
Location: south of Boston, MA
Hazrahi says, I am in favor of a frontal assault. Any other ideas, or else fall in behind me?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 190
Location: Northern Vermont
Solomon: Sounds good to me, if we can group them up I can use burning hands.

Khawaji: Some of us will have to handle 2.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 am
Posts: 89
Location: North New Jersey
Jaskar dismounts and retrieves his bow. I will provide cover. If we can time your charge with my ranged attacks we should be able to take them by suprise

Hamiya instructs Kareek to take to the air and follow any bandits that flee to determine where their base of operations is.

_________________
Jaskar 7/7

Hamiya 7/7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:46 pm
Posts: 28
Aghilas dismounts and walks forward as the others move into position. He stops to give the group time, speaking quietly to his horse as he rubs its neck. Our first battle together. Afterward, I shall name you. Aghilas remounts, takes the reins in one hand, and his spear in the other.

Aghilas intends to charge one edge of the bandit group, nearest the captives, terrain permitting. He intends to ride through a bandit, unless one should set a spear or polearm, in which case he'll stop and throw his spear. If possible, he will repeat. Opportunity permitting, he'll try to see if the captives' bonds might be cut with a dagger, were he to dismount.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:21 am
Posts: 184
Maybe I should send summoned berserkers in first? Willow asks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group