I need to know where everyone stands on this game (poll).

Do you want to continue this game, or put it on ice?

1) Yes, continue this game. Things are fine as they are right now.
33%
2) Yes, continue this game, but get more people on board.
No votes
3) Yes, continue this game, but I want it more fast-paced.
33%
4) Yes, continue this game, but we need more of 2 and 3.
33%
5) Yes, continue this game, but I'd like to see something else change.
No votes
6) No, do not continue this game. Archive it.
No votes
7) You didn't state this choice... let me explain down below.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I need to know where everyone stands on this game (poll).

#1 Post by Rukellian »

I am going through all of my games right now and figuring out whether I want to continue to run them as they are or not. This particular game has made it hard for me to decide. The posting rate has fallen to less than ideal levels, and the progression of the plotline is very slow right now. I know my posting rate has a lot to do with this, but I'm not sure if its also because the players are losing interest in the game, or have lost it already and are just feeling obligated to post because they signed on earlier.

So here is a quick poll. I'd ask that everyone please answer truthfully and pick the option that best represents their current opinion on the matter. Feel free to post something afterward further elaborating on your decision.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: I need to know where everyone stands on this game (poll)

#3 Post by Zhym »

My opinion: I'd like to keep the game going. More players would help, but may not be necessary.

I've talked before about how a consistent DM posting rate encourages consistent player posting. The biggest thing a DM can do to keep a game moving, IMO, is to keep it moving: set a schedule and stick to it. Don't wait for everyone to post, especially in non-combat situations where one action can move the entire group forward. And when you can't stick to the schedule (because life happens), post and let people know. Basically, either through updates or other posts, remind people that the game is going on. Otherwise, it slips down the list of new posts and people forget to post their moves. At least I do.

Return to “Dark Eye of the East (OSRIC)”