Got stressed out, had to vent, I think we are good now.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Got stressed out, had to vent, I think we are good now.

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Had to type something and get it out of my system. If you all want to continue this game, even at the rate it's going, please disregard the below comment for the time being. Thank you.
I have to be honest with everyone here, not that I haven't been before in the past, just want to continue doing so. This game is running way too slow for my tastes. I understand that some of you have very limited posting times because of work constraints and other real-life priorities, it wouldn't be fair to ask for more than what you already put forth out of your own time. And then there is the issue of me not being able to recruit additional players as effectively as I did in the past. This and my renewed stance on trying to not railroad the game too much is not adding up well for a faster game.

I am going to put this game in the archives section. I fully intend on picking this game up at a later date, but not like this, not at the rate we are going, with only three players. To outright abandon it would be a disservice to everyone who has participated thus far, and to myself because I really wanted to see where this game could go, I still do; so abandoning it is not an option. Archiving the game will allow me some time to rethink how I want to present the game to the Unseen Servant Forums. I need to make sure that the ground rules and posting requirements are clear and that players know what they are getting into. My mistake with this current game was not making these points clear, up front. I was really hoping that the players from the previous game would participate in this one, knowing already what some of the game was about. It was an active group of people, but not everyone showed up. Again, I can't blame anyone for that.

If you would like to continue this game or participate in its restart when it comes back onto the board, I will be sure to keep you on the list of starting players for the group. I really do appreciate everything you have brought to the table, even if it was in short bursts here and there. If you think that this game will not be for you and you choose to decline to pick up this game again, I also can understand this and will not hold any ill feelings.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “Dark Eye of the East (OSRIC)”