Character Creation Thread

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation Thread

#21 Post by Rukellian »

Figured out what you will be doing Nuke66? You have the stats to support many viable classes, including Ranger which you originally wanted. But I'm afraid the Druid route is not on the table right now, stat requirements and alignment combo conflicts getting in the way and all that.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Nuke66 »

I was thinking about it for a bit. We have enough beef, so Imma gonna go straight Druid. But, the only drawback is 5th level is only 12K, I was short changed. 20K would be better.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rex »

I am under 15,000 xp. Is what it is.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by wolfpack »

I am under 15k as well

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rukellian »

Yeah, the druid experience/level ratio is a bit low early on, but I don't think I want to mess with the numbers on that one. If you got bonus experience for being a druid, having a 16 in both CHA and WIS, then you could rise a bit more quickly. Looking at who has the least xp under the belt at level 5, the thief would be 10,000. You are not too far behind the others if you are looking at a 12,000.

I'm sticking with the level range specified in my game advert. 4/4 if multi-classing, 5 if going single class.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Zhym »

Should I post Elethil in the finalized characters thread?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rukellian »

Yes. Just make sure my numbers match up with yours. I think they should be up to date now.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

Nuke66, what sort of spells are you starting off with? If I'm reading the OSRIC druid spell progression chart correctly, you should have by level 5: four level 1 spells, three level 2 spells, and two level 3 spells

I also double checked the druid section of OSRIC, and I did not see anything about bonus spells. Cleric's got some with high WIS, but I think that's it.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Nuke66 »

Druids receive bonus spells for high wisdom, just as clerics do.
See the table provided under “Cleric” for details.

Page 11.

been busy, I'll try to get caught up

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rukellian »

Ah, there it is. Thanks for pointing it out.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rukellian »

It looks like everyone is just about ready to get started, two things before I do so. Nuke66, please roll some hit points for your character and record the AC values on your sheet, thank you.

Everyone who is making new characters for this game is entitled to one free item that their character would likely have. Don't have to pay any gold for it. One player chose plate mail armor, another chose concealable thieves tools. I believe Nuke66 has yet to claim his freebie? If anyone wants to switch their choice out before we begin, now would be the time to do so.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

Nuke66 wrote:[5d8] = 18 hit points

plus +2 per level for 28

Eric would prefer a staff. He only wields non-metal weapons.

Do we roll?
The hitpoints look good, but roll for what?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

Nuke66 wrote:[3d6x10] = 13x10 = 130 gold

Sorry, I misunderstood. Only one mundane item is a freebie. How about a horse?
Yes. You can have a horse, but extras like saddle bags and feed will cost you.

Return to “Dark Eye of the East (OSRIC)”