OOC/ Vacation Thread

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC/ Vacation Thread

#61 Post by Rukellian »

I am going to post Tuesday morning and continue the game. Since no one has volunteered any info on any possible watches, I'm going to assume that there will be a watch and assign people randomly. Those who need rest to recover spells used will get their sleep in if all goes well...
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Zhym »

My advice is to abstract away everything you can to keep the game moving. "What is the watch order?" is the kind of thing that requires cooperative discussions and drags things down unless we do it early on.

It also gets us wondering why it's such a critical question. ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Zhym »

Rukellian wrote:I cannot find anything in the OSRIC manual about the necessity for periods of resting and prayer to recover spells. I believe it is one of those things where it is implied without directly being said. If there is a section on this, please point it out to me, otherwise, I will just abstract the whole process and say you got enough to sleep to recover your spells.
It's on p. 35 of the 2.2 PDF:
Osric 2.2 p. 35 wrote:Spell memorisation requires a minimum rest period of 4 hours, which must be spent in a quiet place without interruption. Once this period has expired, it takes fifteen minutes per level to memorise spells; in other words, a character memorising one 3rd, two 2nd and four 1st level spells would require a further (45+30+30+15+15+15+15=) two hours and forty-five minutes of memorisation time.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rukellian »

Thank you Zhym.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rukellian »

PMs sent. Expect an update either later today or tomorrow.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Zhym »

Rukellian wrote:When searching the grounds for tracks, it was said that there were no indications of a struggle, mass rush of people running from something, or drag marks of the sort. The ground is dry and dusty, as mentioned earlier, so if any footprints were left behind, the winds would have eroded them over the course of the three days the Iron Glade Man was gone. Someone skilled in tracking would have been able to pick up on this and differentiate between normal footprints produced from everyday activity in the town from those of unnatural occurrence.
It may not matter at this point, but I just don't se an entire town getting up and leaving in the same direction without leaving tracks you don't have to be a ranger to see.

That sort of detail doesn't matter so much if we're clearly moving towards whatever we're supposed to be moving toward. But if you're going to set up a mystery, you should set up the clues fairly to avoid making one thing (everyone left for the mine at the same time) look like another (everyone vanished without a trace)—not just because it's the only way a mystery can work properly, but to avoid the perception that the reason our PCs didn't find anything the previous day was that the plot demanded it.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rukellian »

Yeah, I had a feeling I was going to get scolded for this. You are right, sorry, I should have just said that there were tracks to follow right from the beginning, made it more clear somehow. What I was trying to accomplish though, was make clear the fact that there was no struggle involved in the disappearance of the townspeople, that they were not physically dragged away or scared away by something. I'd like to think that you came to the right conclusion that magic was involved, so I just left the descriptions at that.

Yes, the details don't really matter at this point, given that most of the group hopefully know where to go to next. Still, I apologize for the inadvertent confusion that was created. You can chalk this up to my lack of real-world knowledge in how the leaving of footprints behind works.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rukellian »

Just so that we are clear on this (on the same page), when one of you uses Detect Magic, in the OSRIC system it is used to find magical items or the auras of such.

This is how everyone has been using it up to this point, correct?
Detect magic creates a tunnel of magical vision in a path ten ft wide and thirty ft long, in which the user sees the aura of any magic item as a glowing blue nimbus. The spell’s effect is blocked by solid wood 3 ft thick, by stone 1 ft thick, and by solid metal 1 inch thick. The user can only scan a 60° arc during the course of a round: turning more quickly does not allow magic auras enough time to form in the user’s vision.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry, I dropped the ball. I forgot to post a couple of days ago. My next post is planned for Wednesday, though I may post sooner if a response to something is needed.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rukellian »

Is there anything in particular that someone is waiting for to happen?

Are we all having a slow week? :?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rex »

I was waiting for Flynn or Elithil since that is who he was addressing. I don't have much time right now, but will post tonight no matter what.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by tooleychris »

Heya fellow adventurers.
I haven't had the time to put into gaming I use to lately and am sadly gonna drop off The Unseen Servant for awhile. I hate to leave in the beginning of one of Rukes epic stories but I don't want to lag your game either. Good luck to you all and thanks for including me!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry to see you go tooleychris, but I can understand the need to take a break every now and then. Thanks for staying with us for as long as you have.

-----

As it stands now folks, I will have to npc both the cleric, Akabel and the fighter, Flynn. I sent an advert out for the game, hoping to get more people on board.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rukellian »

Does Eric the druid want to say or do anything? Is he still with us?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Rukellian »

I'm going to move the action forward tomorrow, on Thursday.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Rukellian »

For those who are still with me, I want to propose something that will change the current plot a bit, but I won't retroactively go back and make those changes unless you are all on board with this.

It was pointed out to me that the game was becoming too railroaded, and too confusing. I want to go back to before the group reaches Iron Glade. That's where most of the problems took place or snowballed as it were. If you all will let me do this, that would mean that the events of the inn never took place. With a fresh start, the group as a whole will hopefully have a lot more freedom in their actions and decisions available to them. This will also allow me to cut back on forced npc use to keep things moving forward and allow players to move the plot forward at their own pace.

...like it should have been from the beginning.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Zhym »

Personally, I don't think rolling things back would help. Now that we know something about what's going on, I don't see a point to going back in time so we can find out for ourselves what's going on.

There are ways to fix what I see as a problem with our PCs not being needed in this plot, but I don't think undoing action that's already taken place is one of those ways.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rukellian »

I will work something out then.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Rex »

I agree with Zhym. Move forward and fix as we go.

Return to “Dark Eye of the East (OSRIC)”