OOC/ Vacation Thread

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC/ Vacation Thread

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Want to talk outside of the game with your fellow adventurers? Do so in this thread. Just keep it mature, alright? ;)

Please post here if you think you will be away from the game for a while (work, family priorities, vacation). Thanks!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC/ Vacation Thread

#2 Post by Rukellian »

For those who are ready to begin, Chapter 1 is now fully up.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by tooleychris »

Dear fellow players and our illustrious DM. I am a very active player and post often. My character Flynn is a flamboyant swashbuckler.
The combination of these may get annoying. Please tell me if you feel I need to dial it down. :D

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

I shall try to keep up, but at the same token, I shall practice restraint as well, so as to not put any players in the dust. The beginnings of these sort of games are usually fast-paced, but levels out once everyone has gotten a feel for posting habits and schedules.

Me? I work night shifts and am active in the mornings, and sometimes early afternoons. Weekends are when you can see me on the boards the most, assuming I have a post to reply to.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

During the week I generaly post once or twice a day. Less on weekends becuase my daughter plays travel softball so we are away at tournaments. Right now we just purchased a house and are moving so I won;t be very active this week.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

Keeping in mind that weekends are usually slow for some people, I would like to remind everyone that the posting expectation for this game will be a 2-3 a week. If you post more during that time, I will respond when appropriate. Right now, some conversations are being had between characters in-game so I shall respect that.

Remember also, your characters have voices too. If the current dialogues do not interest you, have your character speak up, perhaps join in. Talk to an npc, I'm sure they will have something to say ;) Or keep things laid back in the beginning and let things naturally progress. Common side effects of the latter are slow pbp game progress.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Zhym »

This is going to be an insanely busy week for me. I may not have time to post. Please NPC Elethil as needed.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Zhym »

Rukellian wrote:Elithil:
"It is the good people of New Dathan, its commoners, who are the true voices of the kingdom. I listen to what they have to say and bring their problems to the ears of higher nobles when the opportunity arises, of course; but it is as you say, Flynn. I have an appointment with the fine owner of this establishment, matters of business that falls within my jurisdiction."

The barkeep raises an eyebrow in response to this, mildly surprised that the elven ambassador would say so much in front of one of his patrons.
Yeah, that doesn't sound like Elethil at all. ;)

Thanks for NPCing him. Moving time is busy time.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rukellian »

Hey, having me npc your character will always be a gamble. If you don't like it, I can edit it for you. :)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Nuke66 »

sorry for the AFK lately, with the Independence Day holiday, summer farm work and a death in the family. Hope to return to daily activity soonish.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

No need to apologize. Post when you are ready to post, there is no rush right now. If things progress, your character will not be left behind.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by tooleychris »

Will Flynn be taking Amberlynn with him, or leaving her at the docks to help prepare the ship and train crewman?
Hmmm this sounds suspicious :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

While waiting on the others, marching order would be helpful. Thanks!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by wolfpack »

Ak will be in the middle somewhere

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Mehath can take point.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rukellian »

If the marching order is not finished, I will place whoever did not respond in random positions when drawing up future battle maps.

One is coming up shortly...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rukellian »

Flynn's riposte strikes were his actions last turn. I'm going to need to know if he is going to maintain the defensive parry stance or go on the offensive. Also, if I recall correctly, Zhym only asked if Elithil was within range to charge one of the spell casters (melee range implied). Is Elithil going to maintain his ranged distance, or take the next turn to close the distance?

Once I get these responses, I will continue the action.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Zhym »

How far can Elethil move and still fire arrows? And how far out from the spellcasters is he? I tried to have him fire and move last round but I don't know how much distance (if any) he covered.

Return to “Dark Eye of the East (OSRIC)”