OOC/ Vacation Thread

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC/ Vacation Thread

#21 Post by Rukellian »

If he continues to move and fire arrows, he will reach the cart where Flynn is near on the next turn, though he will be in melee range with the swordsmen. If he does not fire arrows and just rushes to the spellcasters, he can reach those in the next turn, covering a bit more distance. I haven't updated the map, but that's the rough of it right now.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Zhym »

I'm still trying to figure this out. Maybe some numbers would help?

Elethil's movement rate is 120'. Per the charging rules (OSRIC 2.2 p. 121), "a charge is made at twice the normal movement rate." So Elethil should be able to charge into melee with one of the spellcasters if he's within 240' of them, right? Then all the other charging effects apply: initiative goes to whoever has the longest weapon (probably Elethil, vs. magic users), attacker gets no dexterity bonus vs. attack, charging character gets +2 to hit.

How far can he move and still fire arrows?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rukellian »

Okay, let me speak in numbers as well. The image that I have for the current battle scenario is made on a grid template, each square representing 10 ft. If your character can move 120' that means 12 squares. I used this movement rate when you were moving towards them and firing your arrows. I did not see any rules about charging an opponent while firing missiles at the same time. Based on your position before the first move and shoot action, you were 240' away from the cart that Flynn was near. You are currently 120' away from the cart. If you charge with a melee weapon, towards the spellcasters, yes, you will reach the spellcasters in that turn.

In my experience though, I do not recall anyone trying to charge an enemy with a bow. If this is applicable, then I stand corrected.

Does this help any?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rukellian »

Once I get confirmation on something, I will continue the action to round 2.

Thank you for your patience, everyone.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

No problem.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rukellian »

It must have been a slow week for wolfpack. (I know that was the case for me.) I'll give him another day to post Akabel's actions. If I don't hear anything by Tuesday, I will continue the action.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Nuke66 »

Just a heads up, I'm heading to a funeral, long road trip both ways, back tuesday maybe. NPC as needed.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

You have my condolences, Nuke66.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rukellian »

PM sent. Action will resume once I get a response. Right now I have Elithil committed to an action. Everyone else is still only talking and observing. Sound about right?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by wolfpack »

sounds right

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rukellian »

Waiting on you Rex. Please post sometime soon, thanks.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

Rex wrote:Mehath walks over to the man. "I am going to search him and strip him, see if maybe something he is wearing is doing something to him" Then he begins to strip the man, looking for anything unusual.

Was this in response to the PM I sent, or are you doing this to the man filled with fear?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rex »

Sorry about that I missed the PM. It was for the man filled with fear.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

I will delete the post if I can and do a new one based on the PM.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Zhym »

Are we still waiting on someone?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rukellian »

Action has just resumed.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:(we can still bluff without facing alignment change I think :D )
True. ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rex »

I will be out of touch until Tuesday, feel free to NPC Mehath if need be.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rukellian »

I'm getting that sneaking feeling again, the one where I think that maybe this game isn't going to go anywhere, that the group has lost interest or something. Perhaps, only a few of us were interested? I'd like to know whether I should just abandon this game now or try to be a bit more patient and give everyone a few more days before I force things forward.

-----

Edit
After having cooled my head for a bit and taking in Zhym's timely advice, I think it is safe to say I am overreacting a bit. Yes, I admit, I have not been sticking to a strict posting schedule for this game. This may have turned some people off. I will try to refrain from the whole 'waiting for everyone to post' mindset, and focus more on getting the story and combat moving. Yes, with this method, some people may be doing more responding to the situation then proactively shaping it, but I guess that's how it's going to be until we get into a regular posting schedule.

My apologies to everyone for taking this long to figure this out, having it pointed out to me.

Return to “Dark Eye of the East (OSRIC)”