OOC/ Vacation Thread

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC/ Vacation Thread

#41 Post by Zhym »

A bit of quick advice while I'm sitting in a meeting: games get stagnant when they aren't regularly updated. Set a schedule and stick to it instead of waiting for everyone to post.

My 2¢.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rukellian »

Thanks, Zhym. I always appreciate your advice and have updated my post with an edit to reflect this.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

No problem. I try to post regularly during the week. Not so good on weekends.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rex »

I am going to visit one of my brothers for Thanksgiving. No computer so will be out of touch until the end of next week. Feel free to NPC me.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rukellian »

Thanks for the heads up. Like GreyWolfVT said in the other game, things will probably slow down for a lot of people during the holiday week(s). I expect the pace of the game will pick up either early Dec, or early Jan, depending on people's schedules.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Zhym »

How far into the forest are we? I don't have a good mental image of the map, and with a forest fire on the way that suddenly seems like vital information to have.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rukellian »

The group isn't that far in. You've just left the hilly plains behind and started going into the forest. A campsite resting area was found on the road you've been following. The road through the forest was a faster route to Iron Glade, but if you choose to backtrack to the plains and skirt around the flames, it will add on a day of travel, roughly.

Leaving the forest can be done within minutes, figuring out what caused the fire is a different story.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rukellian »

I'm back from my Thanksgiving break and will be ready to post more frequently now. I just need an action from Eric and Akabel and then I can get this combat sequence started.

Note:
I will try to keep the pace for combat regular in that I will only wait 2-3 days for a response from someone. If they don't post by then I will move the action forward and just perform a basic attack/defense maneuver in their place, or retreat if the situation calls for it.

If this does not work for you guys, let me know now before I start doing it. We can work something out.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rukellian »

I sent a PM out to wolfpack and Nuke66. If they don't respond by tomorrow morning, I will npc them to move things forward.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rukellian »

I had a really rough day today and I am not up to posting the combat update tonight. I will fit it in sometime tomorrow for sure. Sorry for the delay.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rex »

No problem. Take your time.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rukellian »

I will wait until tomorrow afternoon. If no word comes from wolfpack, in regards to Akabel's next actions, I will progress the combat forward and npc his character again.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rukellian »

I have an advert out calling for another player to pick up wolfpack's character (with his permission having been given over PM), or to join in with a new one.

If you guys know anyone who would be interested in joining this game, feel free to let them know that a spot or two is open now.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Zhym »

Was Elethil able to get both attacks in on two different dogs, or did it take all that damage to kill one of them?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rukellian »

Two different dogs.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Zhym »

So he's currently in melee with one of the dogs?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rukellian »

Yes. Based off of the current battle map, he is confronting Hellhound 2. I picked randomly since you did not specify your target.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rukellian »

Normally I'd be worried about the sluggish post rate, especially since I said I would try to be a bit more regular on my end, but since its the holiday weeks, I guess it can't be helped. :?

Here is to hoping that all of your holiday celebrations are good ones. If I don't hear from you guys before then, may you also have a Happy New Year!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rex »

Same to you!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rukellian »

I'm back from the winter holidays and I would like to start up the game again. The only problem I have is the character vacancy. Akabel's player had to bow out and the person I was going to have take his place also bowed out as well. My advertising/recruiting skills are not as they once were. If you want another person to play as Akabel, the group cleric, I will probably need some help in securing another person interested in this sort of game.

For the time being I will npc him, but on that note, if the pace remains sluggish throughout the rest of the game, I may cut it short and just keep this game a single adventure. A full group of active people would be great for the kind of plot I have laid out for you all, but if only 3 or 4 of you will post every once and a while, interest will wane I think and it will not progress quickly enough to keep everyone's attention.

Return to “Dark Eye of the East (OSRIC)”