It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: OOC/ Vacation Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:50 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

A bit of quick advice while I'm sitting in a meeting: games get stagnant when they aren't regularly updated. Set a schedule and stick to it instead of waiting for everyone to post.

My 2¢.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Thanks, Zhym. I always appreciate your advice and have updated my post with an edit to reflect this.

In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm 
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

No problem. I try to post regularly during the week. Not so good on weekends.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 pm 
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

I am going to visit one of my brothers for Thanksgiving. No computer so will be out of touch until the end of next week. Feel free to NPC me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:17 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Thanks for the heads up. Like GreyWolfVT said in the other game, things will probably slow down for a lot of people during the holiday week(s). I expect the pace of the game will pick up either early Dec, or early Jan, depending on people's schedules.

In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:08 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

How far into the forest are we? I don't have a good mental image of the map, and with a forest fire on the way that suddenly seems like vital information to have.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

The group isn't that far in. You've just left the hilly plains behind and started going into the forest. A campsite resting area was found on the road you've been following. The road through the forest was a faster route to Iron Glade, but if you choose to backtrack to the plains and skirt around the flames, it will add on a day of travel, roughly.

Leaving the forest can be done within minutes, figuring out what caused the fire is a different story.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:49 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

I'm back from my Thanksgiving break and will be ready to post more frequently now. I just need an action from Eric and Akabel and then I can get this combat sequence started.

Note:
I will try to keep the pace for combat regular in that I will only wait 2-3 days for a response from someone. If they don't post by then I will move the action forward and just perform a basic attack/defense maneuver in their place, or retreat if the situation calls for it.

If this does not work for you guys, let me know now before I start doing it. We can work something out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:58 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

I sent a PM out to wolfpack and Nuke66. If they don't respond by tomorrow morning, I will npc them to move things forward.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:04 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

I had a really rough day today and I am not up to posting the combat update tonight. I will fit it in sometime tomorrow for sure. Sorry for the delay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:43 pm 
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

No problem. Take your time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 am 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

I will wait until tomorrow afternoon. If no word comes from wolfpack, in regards to Akabel's next actions, I will progress the combat forward and npc his character again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:11 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

I have an advert out calling for another player to pick up wolfpack's character (with his permission having been given over PM), or to join in with a new one.

If you guys know anyone who would be interested in joining this game, feel free to let them know that a spot or two is open now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:22 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Was Elethil able to get both attacks in on two different dogs, or did it take all that damage to kill one of them?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:54 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Two different dogs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:00 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

So he's currently in melee with one of the dogs?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:03 pm 
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Yes. Based off of the current battle map, he is confronting Hellhound 2. I picked randomly since you did not specify your target.