It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Northern Vermont
Mehath doesn't mind point. He will be as vigilant as possible and scan the area carefully.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Eric peals off into the brush, still worried about who might actually have done this,

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Flynn will scan the surrounding area. "Less this were some kinda accident someone should still be around."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
I apologize if you were waiting for more situational details. Besides what was described earlier, there really isn't much more to add. There is the nearby brush for hiding and there are no signs of attackers, though, with the big boulders it would seem plausible enough for an ambush site.

Once I hear from Elithil and Akabel (their actions), we can begin?

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4131
akabel will be in the middle of the group and join them if they move foward


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14203
Elethil's yellow cat eyes narrow. "Fire magic," he says, in the tone of voice one might use in describing particularly odorous dog droppings. He scans the brush and the boulders, wondering if there is a way to come up on them from behind in case any attackers lie in hiding.

Elethil can be toward the front.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
Surveying the nearby area more closely, you find that the boulders drew your attention away from how dense the brush is in this area. Laying low and crawling around is certainly viable. There are smaller rocks about, waist high. If you crouch behind them it can provide partial cover. As for the blast site itself, it remains eerily quiet.

Attachment:
roadside attack.jpg
roadside attack.jpg [ 1002.71 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:34 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4131
Akabel will approach and crouch behind a rock to get a look at what is going on.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Northern Vermont
Mehath will search around and see if he can find any clues as to what happened.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Flynn will wait till everyone is in position and then casually walk up to the wagon, hoping to draw anyone hiding out.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14203
Elethil, with the great range afforded by his bow, stands watch as the others investigate the scene, ready to fire should attackers emerge.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Eric moves around in the brush, moving clockwise around the blast site, looking for any signs of passage through the underbrush.

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Northern Vermont
Mehath will see if he can pick up any trails or tracks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
Without crossing over to the other side of the large boulders, you do not see any discernable tracks in the area or passages cut into the brush, save the horses hoof tracks that ran from this area.

With everyone in position, Flynn approaches one of the burnt wagons, with the full intention of drawing out anyone in hiding. It works, sort of. Something does come out of hiding, but not from any place you would expect. Two hooded figures start stepping out of the large boulders, hands crackling with orangish-yellow flames. Two more figures make a similar entrance, but wielding swords and iron armor instead of fire.

Attachment:
roadside attack 2.jpg
roadside attack 2.jpg [ 651.1 KiB | Viewed 95 times ]


Attachment:
mage apprentice.jpg
mage apprentice.jpg [ 154.15 KiB | Viewed 95 times ]

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14203
Elethil unleashes arrows at the fire-handed men, closing towards melee as near as he can while still being able to fire his bow.

Long bow of distance (THAC0 16): [1d20+4] = 14+4 = 18, Dmg: [1d6] = 1
Long bow of distance (THAC0 16): [1d20+4] = 8+4 = 12, Dmg: [1d6] = 4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Eric pulls out a sprig of mistletoe and picks the closest sword wielder to charm.

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Northern Vermont
Mehath will fire his Heavy Cross bow at S1.

Heavy Crossbow [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 to Hit, [1d6+3] = 6+3 = 9 Damage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4131
Akabel will cast hold person on the 2 fire wielders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Flynn will twirl his rapier and slice at the air. "You are outnumbered and out matched. Declare you intent or receive a sore lesson in swordplay."
Flynn takes a defensive parry stance.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:49 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
One of the flame wielders snarls in reply to Flynn, "We intend to roast you, then cut you, and then take everything worth taking off of you! Clear enough for ya'?"

Flame wielder (F1) proceeds in hurling his ball of flame at Flynn, but is interrupted by Elithil's quick thinking and skill with the bow. An arrow whizzes right by Flynn and strikes the mage in the hand.

Eric tries to charm one of the sword-wielding men, but the spell's effect seems to be shrugged off. Akabel, too, calls upon his magics to try to turn the battle to their favor, but it would seem as if the flame wielder's willpower were stronger than he thought. They continue to move.

Mehath fired from his heavy crossbow, aiming at S1, but find that he misses his mark. Strangely enough, the projectile does not hit the boulder but instead goes straight into it. Dare I say, through it?

S2 lunges at Flynn, accompanied by S1, hoping the both of them can break through the proud fighter's defense. They both fail spectacularly and give Flynn a chance to riposte each of their attacks, having successfully parried each attack by more than 10.

The flames around F2's hands concentrate to the point of his finger, and he aims that finger at Flynn, despite the fact that the sword wielders are in the vicinity. The spell is interrupted, however, by Elithil's second arrow strike. A timely execution. F2 reels back in pain, the arrow having done more damage than he thought it would.

It is now back to you guys. You all have the initiative. Combat roll details found below in spoiler.

Actions!

Group Initiative, Elithil's +1 used [1d6] = 4

Enemy Initiative [1d6] = 2

Enemy Saving Throw against Charm [1d20] = 20

F1 Saving Throw against Hold Person [1d20] = 18

F2 Saving Throw against Hold Person [1d20] = 17

S1 to hit roll [1d20] = 6

S2 to hit roll [1d20] = 3

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group