It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:33 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
Once free of the earth and standing erect, a small force of eleven animated skeletons approaches Teaeryn and Rak from 10 yards away. The skeletons clatter again as they close the distance on the party with frightening speed.

(OOG: On initiative 1)A skeleton dressed in noble burial robes and armed with ornamental dagger attacks Teaeryn - but it deflects harmlessly off her splint mail armor. She holds tight her silver owl pendant and readies herself to turn her attacker and others.

Rak still has a chance to release his bow at skeletons in the distance.

(OOG: Wolfpack, I will use 5 feet as the basis for melee attack range. As long as Rak maintains an adequate distance from his target, he can fire his bow at it, but will be unable to attack any skeletons directly engaged in melee with him. You could have Rak move and evade while continuing to shoot arrows at other missile range targets, or you can have him switch to melee attack for that round to directly engage his attacker. Please specify though.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
(OOG: on initiative 3 in round 4) Rakious is simultaneously attacked by two skeletons dressed in noble burial shrouds and wielding ornamental daggers. Rak easily dodges the wild swing of Skeleton 8 from the front but cannot avoid Skeleton 9, who hits doing moderate damage from the side. (OOG: Rak -2 hp)

(OOG: on intitative 4 in round 4) A split second later Rakious is attacked on the opposite side by Skeleton 6 wielding a rusty short sword and buried in armor. He swipes the sword and Rak tries to dodge but suffers a flesh wound as it grazes him. (OOG: Rak -1 hp)

(OOG: on initiative 5 in round 4) Teaeryn is simultaneously attacked by three skeletons that swarm her from the front and both sides! Skeleton 2 swings and misses with an ornamental dagger from the front, Skeleton 4 and Skeleton 11 are peasant skeletons that attack with their bony fingers but merely scrapes against her armor harmlessly!

Attachment:
round 4.GIF
round 4.GIF [ 57.37 KiB | Viewed 124 times ]


(OOG: initiative 7 in round 4) The remaining Skeletons rush in to attack but are crowded out by the others. (OOG: The remaining skeletons cannot attack this round but will attempt to move into position behind your party next round and rear attack if you do not specify that you move backwards in a fighting retreat next round.) Skeleton 5 seems to be a formidable a Warrior skeleton, buried in armor and wielding a weapon of high quality. Skeleton 10 is a Noble skeleton, armed with ornamental dagger. Skeleton 7 is a Peasant skeleton, unarmed.

Attachment:
init 7.GIF
init 7.GIF [ 66.36 KiB | Viewed 117 times ]


(OOG: initiative 9 in round 4) Another Skeleton 1 also seems to be a formidable a Warrior, buried in armor and wielding a weapon of high quality. It attempts to maneuvers behind Rak but the half elf intercepts its path with his short sword. (OOG: Skeleton 1 -4hp).

Attachment:
init 9.GIF
init 9.GIF [ 79.35 KiB | Viewed 117 times ]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Northern Vermont
Teaeyrn

Teaeyrn holds her pendant out in front of herself. "Begone foul creatures!" (OOC:Turn roll [1d20] = 9) 5 of the skeletons turn and head directly away from Teaeyrn.

Attachment:
init 1 round 5.GIF
init 1 round 5.GIF [ 93.54 KiB | Viewed 117 times ]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 162
Stig

If he is too far away for melee he will fire a volley of arrows into the mass of skeletons not engaged in combat, trying to pick out their boney frames from the branches,

Stig fires an arrow [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11 damage [1d6] = 1

Stig fires an arrow [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7 damage [1d6] = 3

After this, seeing the range fire is ineffective he will draw his broadsword and run to engage in melee.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
Stig's two arrows sail into the darkness without striking their target. Five skeletons (OOG: skeletons 7, 4, 2, 3, and 11) instantly stop their attack on Teaeryn and flee from her silver owl pendant.

(OOG: Round 4 ends. Round 5 begins. Please declare actions, targets, and make any necessary rolls. Skeletons 10, 9, 8, 5, 6, and 1 have Rak surrounded and will continue their attack. They are vulnerable to rear attacks!)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:26 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 162
Stig belatedly arrives at the melee and starts to thrust and parry with his broad sword.

initiative [1d10] = 10 attacking skeleton 10,
he stabs between the ribcages and thinks to himself,"Oh F%*k"

Stig broad sword melee [1d20] = 5 damage [2d4] = 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
ROUND 5
  • Skeleton 9 first attacks Rakious with its ornamental dagger. The dagger slashes him but only does minor damage (OOG: Rakious -1hp on initiative 3)
  • Teaeryn turns to the skeletons surrounding Rak and repeats her command sending them scattering to the north on initiative 4
  • Skeleton 10 stops its attack and flees north from Teaeryn's silver owl pendanton initiative 4
  • Skeleton 5 flees with its fellow on initiative 7
  • Rakious continues his attack on skeleton #1 and pulverizes its bones with his first attack! on initiative 8. FYI: Skeleton #1 had only 3hp and Rak did double damage of 12hp on his critical hit!
  • Skeleton 6 flees north from Teaeryn's silver owl pendant on initiative 9
  • Skeleton 8 flees north from Teaeryn's silver owl pendant on initiative 10
  • Skeleton 1 flees north from Teaeryn's silver owl pendant on initiative 10
[*]Stig arrives with his broad sword unsheathed but misses when he swings at Skeleton #10 in retreat from Teaeryn (OOG: even with a +2 bonus on the attack roll for a rear attack) on initiative 10)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:51 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
ROUND 6
The remaining skeletons flee to the tree line north of the party, who stand among the rows of gravestones with the rows of obelisks behind them to the south. Only a few short minutes have passed since Rak spotted the necromancer and animated the skeletons to attack.

Rak last saw the necromancer fleeing northeast to the same tree line, but that was perhaps a few minutes ago. Stig and Teaeryn stand together with Rak collecting themselves after the short battle.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:08 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 162
Stig
"Hey I only just got here!" Stig waves a sword at the fleeing skeletons. Knowing they'll be back though he encourages the others."Let's find the witch before further ghoulies get summoned!".

Stig, will follow in the direction of the last noticed movements of the necromancer.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4106
She fled to the northeast. I am wounded to the point I must try to avoid close combat I am afraid.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:45 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
Teaeryn's healing helps minimally (OOG: Rak +2 hp) and Rak's wounds are less severe but remain significant. The party heads east in the direction Rak last saw the necromancer moving.

Stig leads the party east moving 10 yards ahead of Teaeryn and Rak, who move together as a pair. Stig follows the stone path towards the vicarage. (From the encounter point at M2 to map location P2.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 am
Posts: 162
Stig runs and swats at the next adversary with his sword.

Stig broad sword melee [1d20] = 1 damage [2d4] = 4

probably tripping over his own feet as he does so.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:47 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
Flailing his sword as he runs, perhaps to intimidate some unseen enemy, Stig moves far ahead of Teaeryn and Rak. When he reaches the intersection (OOG: at S2 on the Graveyard map) turning South towards the rows of obelisks, he nearly overlooks something that hints his enemy's whereabouts (OOG: Roll 1d6 and successful detection of the hint on a result of 1 or 2. But if not successful please role play ignorance to the thin trail of fresh blood leading south and have Stig proceed east along the stone path.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4106
Rak follows after stig with an arrow notched.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:54 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Northern Vermont
Teaeryn casts her last cure light wounds on Rak. ([1d8] = 6) Then goes running off after Stig.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4106
save that last CLW I should be ok now.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
wolfpack wrote:
Rak follows after stig with an arrow notched.


Rak and Teaeryn try to follow Stig, but he's too far away into the darkness to see without a torch or lantern.

Rex wrote:
Teaeryn casts her last cure light wounds on Rak. ([1d8] = 6) Then goes running off after Stig.


In Teaeryn's lantern light there is a small chance the heroes may spot a hint to the necormancer's location when they reach the intersection where the stone path turns south to the obelisks. (...at map location S2. When the characters reach this point in the map, both Rex and Wolfpack, please roll 1d8 where success is a result of 1. Yes, sorry, I want to give your characters a chance, but its a small chance.) Otherwise, they proceed after Stig, who turned south on the stone path arrives near the storage shed and vicarage. (Bluetongue please confirm what Stig's actions are. He is located at map coordinates W8 running at full speed.)


Attachments:
File comment: I attached a note at map coordinates S2. Use the comments viewer in the PDF file to see my note.
Graveyard Map 3.pdf [543.85 KiB]
Downloaded 3 times
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Northern Vermont
[1d8] = 8

I didn't see anything.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4106
[1d8] = 8


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 84
Location: New Jersey
wolfpack wrote:
Rex wrote:
[1d8] = 8

I didn't see anything.


All three of our heroes missed an important clue in the darkness: Rak wounded the necromancer and she left a trail of blood as she fled, albeit holding her wound as she ran.

Nevertheless, Stig arrives at the small wooden tool shed near the entrance to the graveyard (Map coordinates W8). A simple latch keeps the doors closed.

Beyond the shed, another 30 yards, lies the wrought iron gates framed by large stone pillars. (Map coordinates W9) The vicarage is another 60 yards east of the gates. (OOG: If you wish to go there, I need to use a different map.)

Stig has a short time (two rounds) to take action before Teaeryn and Rak may turn the corner on the stone path 180 yards to the north. Although they will be unable to see Stig in the darkness, he will be able to see Teaeryn's lantern light as she and Rak turn the corner. There is only the sound of the wind blowing in Stig's half elven ears.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group