It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2330
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran looks uncertain at the suggestion, "Good question, Master Shadow. The mind that would have created that macabre boat holder could likely create any manner of foul constructs. Caution and mindfulness is my only suggestion...It does provide a seemingly obvious solution to the water obstacle. With that in mind I'm very suspicious. If we can't cross another way, it's then a matter of wading or swimming through this muck or taking a chance on the skeletons and the boats. What does your experience suggest?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1141
Tanner

Tanner has been quiet, seeming a bit distracted. He shakes himself, seeming to come back to reality.Sorry, friends. I saw a thing similar to this statue years ago, in a bizarre underground complex with metal walls... but that one was alive, and trying to eat us.

He walks carefully to the edge of the water. Let me try one other thing. He removes his 10' pole from the sling on his back, assembles it, and lets it down into the water at one side of the platform. He holds it, and walks the length of the platform with the pole in the water I'd guess the pole will reach 7' down in the water ,looking for any obstacles or submerged walkways.

Sorry, folks- weird times for me.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
Mid-cycle update so you have more information:

Tanner dips his, er, pole into the murky water. He lowers it as far as he can without striking anything.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2459
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

Risdac will Light more arrows for Rool.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
It's a festival of spell effects!

Odilo's levitation goes off without a hitch. One of Risdac's arrow lighting does, too. The other...not. He taps the end of his staff to an arrowhead to light it, just as he had lit the other two. The arrowhead splits and blooms into a little metal flower, which shifts and morphs into a tiny, brightly lit lantern hanging from the arrow shaft.

The arrow will probably still fly, as long as you aren't too concerned about accuracy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17314
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo after all the arrow firing will test levitating above the water again only staying 4 inches above the water's surface.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8818
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

ravenn4544 wrote:
Malibran
"...What does your experience suggest?"

"That depends, my friend," the monk answers serenely. "...on whether or not you think the dead in Hell can be turned."

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2330
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran, usually confident in his position and direction, stops and considers that statement. "Master Shadow, that is indeed an insightful question. If the dead are part of the fundamental make-up of this 'existence' how could the Light indeed turn them? Where would we turn them 'too'? An ideological challenge that, I must admit, have not yet come across in my service of Pholtus...."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:00 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov, Crime Boss

Rool looks at the morphed arrowhead and acknowledges, “Perhaps Master Sensei is correct.”

He fires the flower-head arrow along the starboard wall and the regular, illuminated arrow along the port wall, forward and into the darkness.

Rool will fire the arrows parallel to the walls, offset approximately 10 foot.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1141
Tanner
Tanner lifts the pole far enough to make sure he won't accidentally drop it and begins his probing.

Would turning the undead in Hell at least 'turn them away' from us? I personally wouldn't care if they left, so long as they stop attacking.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:52 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
Odilo levitates a few inches above the water. Tanner continues prodding with his pole, but the water seems to be deeper than his pole will reach.

Rool fires the lit arrow and the lantern-arrow down the sides of the chamber. Each arrow sails a hundred feet before smashing into a stone wall and falling into the water. The arrows briefly illuminate two more passages heading north, each branching away from the watery room in which you currently stand.

Attachment:
Map.png
Map.png [ 91.34 KiB | Viewed 70 times ]

Dark gray portion is unlit and from memory only.


-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool); Levitate (Odilo): 7 turns.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8818
Location: 1977
Unseen Servant, master of spring:

While the passive sensei waits for a decision to present itself, he softly pads back to the speaking tube and silently listens at it.

Thanks for the idea, Raven.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17314
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo levitates forward in a straight line heading for the unlit area and lands just south of the number 8 on the map in the brickish looking area.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7989
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hallagad sighs. "I suppose it's back to the boats. It's too deep to wade."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17314
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo "Bah I forget the limitations of this damned spell someone would have to push me forward otherwise all i do is float in place or go up and down with this damned thing. Can someone pull me back by my robe so i can land on dry floor?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2330
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran raises an eyebrow and extends his mace over the water for Odilo to grab onto.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov, Rouge

Rool joins the monk at the snake sculpture. He listens, while the others are in the room containing the foul water, to see if he hears their voices traveling up the tube. If he doesn’t hear anything, he will go to the other room (alone) and listen at the second sculpture.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
Malibran holds out his mace. Odilo grabs it and pulls himself back over the slimy ledge.

Rool and the Master of Spring press their ears against the fanged open mouths of the snake sculptures. They hear nothing at either sculpture.

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool); Levitate (Odilo): 6 turns.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2753
Xale Mav; Dwarven Warrior-Priest of Dalt


Xale has been silent and contemplative for a long time. Now he just shrugged and said; "I'd vote for taking the boast and going down the central channel, but I will go with the group in any direction".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17314
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo ends his levitation spell "Thank you Malibran. Now lets go see about those boats...since clearly I was not prepared for this inter-dimensional space in this magical boat." clearly sounding agitated for his lack of preparedness.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group