It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo stops as Rool cuts him off smiles and nods to Rool letting him take the position behind Malibran.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7989
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hallagad follows, still questioning the wisdom of exploring the depths of the ship given the larger task at hand. But perhaps the two are related...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1141
Tanner

Tanner snorts softly, vaguely amused at the skeleton pyramid. Wizards and their silly-assed hobbies....

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2459
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

The giant mage continues to wedge himself through the corridor after everyone else, ignoring the tiny boats the skeletons are holding.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
Ignoring the skeletons and boats, Malibran leads the way further down the central corridor of the lower deck that, strangely, seems to be larger than the ship. Rool, with a polite hand holding up Odilo, follows right behind. Risdac pulls up the rear, his huge, misshapen frame filling the hallway. But at least the ceiling is tall enough that he does not have to stoop. Why would the ceilings be so tall?

An answer, perhaps, immediately presents itself. The hallway opens into a wide space. Standing just inside the opening is something even Risdac has to crane his neck at: a 20' tall, slimy brown-green froglike thing!

Attachment:
17856.jpg
17856.jpg [ 36.08 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]


Attachment:
Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 9.21.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 9.21.56 PM.png [ 113.65 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]


-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1141
Tanner

Tanner grunts in surprise, bringing his sword up to a defensive position.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo looks amazed and wishes he could study the ginormous creature but realizes now is not the time nor place and he readies for battle. "Mighty Mystra." is the only words he is able to say in seeing the creature.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2328
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran clutches his shield and readies his weapon to defend their path. He quickly scans left and right and up and down for any other threats...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7989
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hallagad has never seen anything quite like this - and he's seen a lot. He squints at the monstrosity, hoping to determine if it is of an evil nature...and by extension if he is obligated to smite it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov

Rool looks around Malibran to see why he has stopped, and is flooded with feelings of dread upon viewing the chaos-beast. He does a quick survey of the denizen’s room, noting exits and other obvious features.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2753
Xale Mav; Dwarven Warrior-Priest of Dalt


Xale follows his companions and sees the massive frog-bat-thing....and tilts his head to one side, grunts and says; "Xale Mav; nice to meet you.....and you are?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8818
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant, master of spring:

The sensei serenely ponders, “Lifeboats protected by the dead?”

Upon seeing the purple-tongued, batwinged froghemoth, his katana whispers from its sheath in one flowing motion as he calmly prepares to defend himself.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
Weapons are drawn. You prepare to defend yourselves, waiting for the humongous three-eyed winged frog thing to make the first move. Hallagad, wondering if it is of an evil nature, begins to concentrate. He is immediately overcome with an almost debilitating sense of great evil—not just from the frog thing, but from everything. The room, the walls, the very air reek of corruption, greed, malice, and thoughts too black to speak. The intense evil is like a white-hot poker shoved into his brain.
With great effort, he shuts the pervasive evil of this place out of his mind, leaving him with a splitting headache to remember it by.

Xale, ever friendly, greets the three-eyed winged frog thing: "Xale Mav; nice to meet you.....and you are?"

It does not answer. Nor does it move. At all, you quickly realize.

Rool approaches closer. It appears to be a statue. Slime, mildew, and mold cover the figure. It stands in the middle of a slime-coated 20-foot wide ledge that stretches 80' from the port to starboard walls of a large 30' tall chamber. To the fore of this ledge, the room is filled with churning, murky water that laps inches below the ledge. A waterfall pours out of a 30-foot wide hole in the port wall. The fore end of the room is shrouded in darkness, beyond the range of your light.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.18.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 9.18.19 PM.png [ 132.41 KiB | Viewed 48 times ]


-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8818
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

The humble monk reverently sheathes the Jade Destiny. He squints into the distant shadows and turns to Rool and his glowing coin, and patiently awaits enlightenment.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2328
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran keeps a careful eye on the statue as he moves to the right. Peering into the murky water he tries to see how deep it is. Does there appear to be a way for the water to exit if it isn't spilling over the edge?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
There might be. You can't see the entire room.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
Oh, and the water is too murky to see its depth.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2328
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran suggests "Let's keep the coin of light here - anyone have a torch to light and see if we can throw to the other side?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
DM's note: the maximum range for any object thrown by hand is 3" (i.e., 30' indoors).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov

Rool checks his footing on the slime-covered floor before moving beyond the proximity of the statue.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group