Ch. 2: Highway to Hell?

Zhym
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 2: Highway to Hell?

#121 Post by AleBelly »

Pelias looks at Tanner with alarm. If our weapons perform better against non-evil foes, I fear the implication against evil foes. He stares at his sword for some time...perhaps praying over it.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Urson »

Tanner

The dark-skinned warrior grins widely when he sees how the sword seems to guide itself to vulnerable joints- and to spring up or down to block his opponent's blade. The better to destroy our enemies with...

He shudders when he sees Risdac's transformation. Can you function, Risdac? Are you in pain?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Master Thief

Rool kneels near the open hatch and listens for any sounds emanating from below.

After a bit, he inquires, “Does anyone have a means to illuminate the hold?”

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran nods to Rool and slides his trusty copper (that happens to have a continual light spell cast upon it) out of a clever velvet pouch at his belt.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Dexterous Thief

Rool accepts the copper piece from Malibran, nodding and smiling at the cleric.

“Tanner, if I may have your sledge hammer,” he says.

“I’d like to drive a hole in the center of this copper so I can thread my silk rope through it. I’ll then lower it into the hold so we can get a better look at what’s in there.” Rool then looks at Malibran, “Do you have any objections to me modifying your coin?”

OOC: Rool’s plan is to use the sledge hammer head as an anvil and with his own hammer and an iron spike, carefully pound a hole through the copper piece.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran shakes his head "That's a clever trick! Hadn't thought of that!"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Zhym »

An iron spike, at least of the type the holds rails to railroad ties, is actually pretty dull and would probably smash a coin instead of poke a hole in it. But you have no shortage of pointy steel objects that could probably poke a hole in a copper disk.

Rool uses a dagger and hammer to drive a hole through Malibran's copper light piece. After tying his silk rope through the hole, he drops the light down through the hatch.

Peering down (in Risdac's case, waaay down), you see a 20x20 room that would be a fine cabin if it had any furniture in it. The room's floor is about 20 feet below you. A door is set in the middle of the forward wall. A ladder leads down into the room.

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: None

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#128 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi
He shudders when he sees Risdac's transformation. Can you function, Risdac? Are you in pain?
It was...uncomfortable...when I was transforming, but no pain. Now, it feels normal, like I have always been this way.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Tanner nods to Risdac. Good. The last time I was transformed, it hurt like hell.

Gentlemen, I know I helped get this hatch open, but... The wizard was kind enough to lend us his ship- we probably shouldn't take anything from it.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#130 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo still examining the ship and trying to learn as much as possible about stops when he sees that some of the others are causing damage to the marvelous ship. Eyes bulging out in shock "What the devil are you doing?" he asks out of shock "Tanner is right why are you causing damage to the ship when it was lent to us, are you mad?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Norjax »

How are we damaging the ship?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by AleBelly »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Odilo still examining the ship and trying to learn as much as possible about stops when he sees that some of the others are causing damage to the marvelous ship. Eyes bulging out in shock "What the devil are you doing?" he asks out of shock "Tanner is right why are you causing damage to the ship when it was lent to us, are you mad?"
"Maybe the wizard left a nasty surprise for us below. That would be chaotic, would it not?" replies Hallagad. "It is prudent to search below, though I agree with my sparring partner. We should not steal."

GreyWolfVT

#133 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:How are we damaging the ship?
Zhym wrote:An iron spike, at least of the type the holds rails to railroad ties, is actually pretty dull and would probably smash a coin instead of poke a hole in it. But you have no shortage of pointy steel objects that could probably poke a hole in a copper disk.

Rool uses a dagger and hammer to drive a hole through Malibran's copper light piece. After tying his silk rope through the hole, he drops the light down through the hatch.

Peering down (in Risdac's case, waaay down), you see a 20x20 room that would be a fine cabin if it had any furniture in it. The room's floor is about 20 feet below you. A door is set in the middle of the forward wall. A ladder leads down into the room.

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
that sounded to me like damage to the ship.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Norjax wrote:How are we damaging the ship?
Zhym wrote:An iron spike, at least of the type the holds rails to railroad ties, is actually pretty dull and would probably smash a coin instead of poke a hole in it. But you have no shortage of pointy steel objects that could probably poke a hole in a copper disk.

-----
that sounded to me like damage to the ship.
Nope, just Risdac's coin. He used the sledgehammer head as an anvil.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Inferno »

The Unseen Servant:

"Risdac, perhaps the effects are temporary. Perhaps when we leave Hell, you will be restored to normal," the sensei quietly suggests.
"In any event, you remain yourself in the way that is most important."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov

Rool descends the ladder into the 20’X20’ room. When he reaches the floor he pauses and taps it to make sure it’s solid before stepping off of the ladder. He will then listen for noise beyond the forward wall. If he doesn’t hear anything, he approaches the door and listens against it.

GreyWolfVT

#137 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo notices that he is in the wrong the damage is only to the coin "Oh it was only the coin you damaged ok well I guess that is ok. Just try not to break the ship." the mage goes off to continue documenting and marveling at the ship.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran watches Rool descend. Before descending himself he takes a look over the stern castle to get a better sense of the rest of the ship. He examines the quarterdeck below them for any clues as to what, if anything, is steering the ship. He also examines the sides of the ship he can see from the stern castle for any other means of exit should this boat actually make port. is there a gangplank anywhere evident?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by max_vale »

Xale Mav; Dwarven Warrior-Priest of Dalt

Xale will follow his companion below, interested in seeing what's down there, while also of the decided opinion to touch NOTHING on this crazy vessel in this crazy place....

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Tanner stays on deck, near the hatchway. He's keeping guard, ready for any weirdness that may come over the rails onto the ship.
Call if you need another sword arm.

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”