Ch. 2: Highway to Hell?

Zhym
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Ch. 2: Highway to Hell?

#181 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo goes down further to where the excitement is going on "Blast and burn! This isn't the adventure we took on, we came to save the church and our dear friends corpse."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#182 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

As long as I can fit, I'm game to see what secrets the ship holds. Risdac will go down after everyone else that is heading below.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Zhym »

The Unseen Servant, currently seen, goes back above decks to retrieve Xale, Odilo, and Risdac. The latter just managed to squeeze his big ugly frame through the trapdoor into the deck below, where he has to bend over so low to make it through the doors that he is almost on his hands and knees.

Gathered in the hallway, everyone waits for someone to take the lead.

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Malibran).

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov

Rool shakes off the attack by the putrid man-thing. He does a quick survey on the nature of his wound and makes a mental note to check it often for infection.

The master thief, short sword at the ready, moves to port and looks around the corner of the corridor leading forward out of the room. He will then cautiously move back into the chamber where the creature originated from.

Rool visually inspects the stone snake carving for clues to its function and takes in the contents of the dirty lair, checking for traps and other footfalls.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Urson »

Tanner

This way, I take it? Tanner leads the way to the intersection.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Inferno »

The Unseen Servant:

The humble master succinctly describes to the newcomers the strange adversary they faced moments ago.
GreyWolfVT wrote:Odilo
"Blast and burn! This isn't the adventure we took on, we came to save the church and our dear friends corpse."
The monk considers his friend's words, and those of Emirikol the Chaotic:
Zhym wrote:"I know nothing of the Temple of Neheod except its location," he tells the Master of Spring. "Of the path there—my advice is to stay in the boat until you reach the temple."
Then he softly offers his own: "Given Emirikol's nature, it's possible this labyrinth is our path to the Temple. There is one way to find out."
The passive sensei follows Tanner.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran passes Tanner the lighted coin if he needs it. "Lead on, Master Tanner. I'll also perform my duty taking point at your convenience. I'm wary of this fell place - but I won't become fearful of it! Pholtus guide our path!"

GreyWolfVT

#188 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo considers the statement "You may be correct I guess gather the others and lets go through this rat maze."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#189 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac will go last so that he does not slow anyone else down as he wedges himself through doorways. This also allows for someone to tell him to remain outside in case a room would be too small for him to enter.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Zhym »

Rool moves to port, making a mental note to check his would often for infection, and peers down the hall to the north of the room from which the attack came. The light from Malibran's coin back in the hallway reflects dimly off the stone walls, so that Rool can just make out what's ahead.

He sees another stone room with a 30' ceiling. Twenty-four skeletons form a macabre sculpture with eight skeletons standing on the upraised hands of ten, and six standing on upraised hands of the eight, so that they form a skeletal pyramid about 20 feet high. The top six hold two wooden rowboats, each about 10 feet long, over their heads.

Ducking back into the previous room, he takes a closer look at the stone snake carving. The snake is rearing back as if to strike, its mouth wide open revealing a tube extending down its throat and into its body.
Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 8.32.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 8.32.44 PM.png (44.74 KiB) Viewed 189 times
-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Malibran).

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran studies the statue. "Indeed, a boat or two may be useful if we need to cross the River to reach our goal. Perhaps we leave them here for now until we explore a little further - i don't see how we would get them through the hatch anyway. With the wall of force there, it may not allow us to go that way anyway.."

He examines the room further and concludes"These below decks, as has been pointed out, are indeed larger than the ship's dimensions when we are on deck. The height of this room should be higher than the ship. And the width of these corridors would extend well outside the dimensions we observed. I believe we are indeed in a strange place that could extend much further then we first would have anticipated...."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Crime Lord

“I agree with Malibran,” Rool concurs. “These boats may prove useful, but we should fully explore this magical place.”

Rool ponders the meaning of the rearing snake carving and then offers, “Perhaps this is a receptacle for tokens to use or activate the boats in the next room?”

GreyWolfVT

#193 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo points to a patch on his robe of a rowboat "Worry not about a boat, I've one right here if we so need it. The patches on my robe are magical once I use a patch I cannot return the patch to my robe."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by max_vale »

Xale Mav; Dwarven Warrior-Priest of Dalt

Xale followed his friends into the dungeon and agreed with the assessment that the boats very well may be useful in the future. Keeping his Shield and Hammer at the ready, he stares at the Snake sign and eventually shrugs; "Perhaps a lever for opening a portal and/or launching the boats? I'm not sure..."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov

“I wonder, Master Elf,” Rool says addressing Odilo, “do your boats contain the necessary enchantments to survive this vile river?”

“Shall I reconnoiter the starboard side, opposite here?” he offers to the group before snatching the light coin from Malibran.

If the majority agrees, Rool will proceed into the starboard passage looking for traps and other obstacles. He will peek into the room and then around the corner of the forward exit passage, short sword at the ready.

GreyWolfVT

#196 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo "I'm sure we could cast protections upon the boat surely. We've no way of knowing if the rowboats within are even protected or of a way to get them out."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by Zhym »

The starboard side is a mirror image of what Rool found to port: a small room with a open-mouthed snake sculpture in the wall, with a short corridor leading to a room in which twenty-four skeletons stacked in a three-level pyramid hold two large rowboats over their heads.

-----
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool).

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran moves to head further into the unknown ship. "Stay close, Master Rool, and shine your light upon our path." Malibran clutches his mace and shield and, with the light coin illuminating the way, moves north up the corridor.

GreyWolfVT

#199 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo follows Malibran.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Rouge

Rool blocks Odilo’s path with a polite nod and takes up his position directly behind Malibran, providing light and watching the corridor for any suspicious markings or out of place items.

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”