Ch. 2: Highway to Hell?

Zhym
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Ch. 2: Highway to Hell?

#381 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo given the current circumstances uses another charge of his staff if able to, to levitate to the water's surface and will try like hell to get to a place he can stand with at least his head above water.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by AleBelly »

"Toss me what you can't carry" gasps Hallagad to the others as he treads water. "I can carry some more than what I have"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#383 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

You can hold on to the boat if you need to. Maybe put some weapons or such in it?

Risdac does not want to physically help anyone for fear of causing the boat to capsize if he leans too much to one side.

Doesn't Odilo have a boat patch?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov

Rool paddles over to the boat with Risdac and Tanner. He holds on to the side and catches his breath.

GreyWolfVT

#385 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes I do have a patch though being underwater does little good to use it once i break the surface of the water I plan to use it.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by Urson »

Tanner
Sorry_ thought I had already posted this. My Net connection has been wonky.

Tanner quickly snaps together his 10'pole, reaching it toward one of the folks struggling.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by Zhym »

Having plunged over a waterfall into a 100' shaft and deprived of your boat, you try to survive the murky water. Meanwhile, the black hole in the starboard wall pulls you toward it.

Malibran digs into his pack for a levitation potion and quickly drinks it, getting only a little of the murky water in his mouth. He rises up and out of the water, soaking wet. Odilo also levitates, using a charge of his staff. Khogeki the Soggy Unseen Monk activates his ring and flies into the air. Hallagad and Rool are able to keep their heads above water, dogpaddling, thanks to their magical strength enhancements and, in Rool's case, a magical bag.

Xale, however, is too heavily laden even with his magically enhanced strength. As he sinks into the depths of the foul, dark water, he sees only one option: he quickly wriggles free of his backpack and lets it drop. He fights his way to the surface and reaches for Tanner's outstretched pole.

You are safe from drowning, for the nonce—just long enough for the black hole to suck you all into it. Swimmers, flyer, hoverers, and boaters are all pulled into the hole. There is a brief moment of disorientation, then you are dumped over another waterfall. You find yourselves back in the large water-filled room, at the bottom (or top, in the case of the flying Unseen Servant and the floating Odilo and Malibran) of the waterfall in the port side wall. You take no damage from the additional fall. Risdac and Tanner manage to keep their boat upright and themselves in it. Xale, Hallagad, and Rool tread water.
I tallied up Xale's stuff and had him at 68.2 lbs, so I had to make a call on what Xale would drop. Please remove his backpack and everything in or on it (20 bolts with no heads, tinderbox, waterskin, 50' of rope, 4 torches, 3 flasks of oil) from Xale's sheet.

----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 45/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 51/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 25/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 35/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 56/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 76/93
Effects: Levitate (Malibran): 4+? turns; Levitate (Odilo): 8 turns; Fly (Khogeki)
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran hovers in the room and prays for the Light of Pholtus to heal the wounds from his fall.

Cure Critical Wounds [3d8+3] = 19+3 = 22

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Urson »

Tanner

The warrior looks around, visibly annoyed. Damn wizards and their stupid shite!! I suppose the other side tunnel will do us the same?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by AleBelly »

Hallagad is not happy. "To the center, then?" he asks as he wonders what is happening above deck.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Rex »

Xale

As Xale treads water he tries to locate the other members of the group and maybe a dry spot to work towards.
Last edited by Rex on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by Zhym »

I'm going to have to say that Xale is too busy trying to keep his head above water to be able to cast any spells with somatic or material components.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran will help anyone as he can to stay afloat while looking for help himself to get to the center pathway "Agree, Master Hallagad - let's proceed to that direction and collect ourselves..."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#394 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi
Urson wrote:Tanner

The warrior looks around, visibly annoyed. Damn wizards and their stupid shite!! I suppose the other side tunnel will do us the same?
The giant wizard glares at Tanner- at least Tanner thinks he does, as it is hard to tell exactly where Risdac is looking with his eyes oddly placed- before opining, Maybe next time, I will spare you the wizard "stupid shite" and just levitate myself, allowing you to plummet. Unless, of course, you weren't referring to THIS wizard and his stupid shite. I'd hate to think I was annoying you by protecting you, but I can keep my spells to myself if everyone prefers. Just don't want to step on anyone's toes- I'd probably end up breaking your foot if I did. Having said that, take this until we are sure we aren't going to go over any more waterfalls. I may not be able to help you again if we come to another waterfall. The giant removes a Potion of Levitation from his vest pocket and hands it to Tanner.

After everyone is safe from drowning and either able to move under their own power or in another boat, the giant will head towards the center waterway. He is willing to attach ropes to the boat if any levitating characters need to be dragged along.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Zhym »

Rex wrote:As Xale treads water he tries to locate the other members of the group and maybe a dry spot to work towards.
The only dry spot you're aware of is the ledge to the south. Will Xale swim that way?

GreyWolfVT

#396 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo will levitate up so that he can use his staff to push against the ceiling to move himself back towards the ledge in the south so that he can land on dry ground.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by Rex »

Xale will move towards the dry ledge as fast as he can.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov

“Risdac,” Rool says to the giant dwarf. “Move the boat back towards the ledge, so I can get out of the water.”
The thief continues to tread water while grasping the side of the remaining boat.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Tanner keeps his opinions to himself, and concentrates on helping anyone/everyone get out of the water.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#400 Post by Zhym »

The story continues (and, possibly, quickly concludes) in Chapter 3: Hell's Bells!

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”