Ch. 3: Hell's Bells

Zhym
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Ch. 3: Hell's Bells

#101 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

The giant moves towards the ledge to see if he can help in any way.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov

With the magic fire gone and not providing illumination, Rool returns to the main room but still keeps an eye on the unexplored corridor.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Zhym »

Hallagad strides over to Tanner, who is rapidly beginning to resemble a writhing brown chia fighter. "Come, let me examine your predicament," the paladin says. He lays hands on Tanner and lo! Tanner is cured! The writhing tendrils fall out from their roots.

The Unseen Servant checks on Xale, who yet lives. The humble monk binds the dwarf's wounds and wipes the blood from his face. Xale is stable but still unconscious.

Odilo downs a potion into his recently emptied stomach, restoring some of his own health (+14 HP).

Risdac returns to the main room, walking backwards to keep an eye on the unexplored corridor. He moves toward the ledge—which is only slightly higher than he is tall—to see if he can help in any way.

Now that the frenzy of battle has died down, you notice something about the big, previously water-filled room. There is a tunnel opening, about 10' high and 15' wide, at the bottom of the starboard side wall, where it would have been completely concealed by the murky water until Malibran wished it away.

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 47/90; Khogeki (H LN M16): 40/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 19/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): -2/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 10/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 30/107; Rool (H LN T20): 12/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 44/93
Effects: Protection from Evil (Odilo, 28 rounds; Risdac, 14 rounds)
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo)

Scott308

#104 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

We aren't planning on crawling through that little tunnel, are we? the giant asks forlornly, almost drowned out by the very loud rumbling from his stomach. Time for a snack. Blood loss tends to make me hungry, apparently, he says, wolfing down a day's worth of rations.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo digs out something to eat and his waterskin to wash the vomit taste from his mouth and moves as far away from his puke as he can.

btw that healing potion I used was one of the 3 healing potion patches I had on my robe.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran will climb the offered rope up to the ledge to impart his most powerful prayers upon the gravely wounded first:

Cast heal at Xale - heal to full minus: [1d4] = 1

Cast heal at Tanner
- heal to full minus: [1d4] = 3

"Now, I must rest and recover the prayers that I am able to. I am depleted of healing capability save a few spells on a scroll that I believe we should save for another time considering..." He wraps his cloak around him and you see it's power bend the light so you can't actually tell where he is. His form shimmers and shifts so that he seems to be several feet away from where he should be at any given moment. He finds a 'quiet' corner to kneel, meditate, and pray for guidance from the Might and Righteous Pholtus.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Inferno »

The Unseen Servant leaves the injured dwarf in Malibran's care. He serenely dances down the wall and walks to the newly revealed tunnel. He looks into it, listening and checking for iron bars that might hold back whatever demons reside in the filthy murk that once was here.

He examines the fallen toad devil for any possessions that a denizen of Hell might be allowed to keep.

Then he humbly suggests, "If we are to recover our strength now, perhaps we should retreat to the decks above?"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rex »

Xale

"Thank you Malibran. I must rest, meditate and pray as well." He chooses a spot away and sits to meditate, doing so with his cube in hand in case he needs it quickly.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Zhym »

Here's another room layout clarification/addition:
The ledges on either wide of the fore-ward corridor, one of which was the one where Tanner fought the vulture-man monster, were each about 10' deep. Each ended in a door.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov

I'm willing to explore this tunnel, but my health is compromised after our ruckus with the waterfall and the demons.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Thank you, friends! Tanner spits on the pile of tendrils, then stomps a few of them for good measure.

While the others rest and meditate, Tanner paces the area they are in, gnawing on a hunk of dried meat. His intent is more to privide a level of secuity for the spellcasters than anything else.

Risdac- I meant no insult when I spoke of 'wizards foolishness'. There's a huge difference between useful spells and illusionary nonsense like we were dealing with at that time.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Scott308

#112 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

I think retreating so we may lick our wounds and regain spells is an excellent suggestion. In our weakened state, we would not fare well if we ran across another group like this one, I fear.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by AleBelly »

"Do not thank me, Tanner. I am but a conduit for Pelor's glory" replies Hallagad.

The paladin looks up...way up...at Risdac. "I agree. To the deck? I will take first watch."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Crime Boss

“Comrades,” Rool speaks up. “I remind you that the second room we passed through is full of beds and hammocks. It appears easily defensible, with two doors. Let’s return there and check it for secret doors, traps and a means to bar the doors while we sleep and recover.”

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Urson »

Tanner

I had forgotten that. An excellent idea- unless there is something to prevent us doing so.

Scott308

#116 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

To the bed room, then!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#117 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo "Aye sounds a good idea to me."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran will cast glyph of warding outside of the area they are resting up in (I forgot where on the map the bunks where).

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Urson »

Tanner

We'll need to set watches, of course. I'll take whatever works- old soldiers can sleep anywhere. Tanner chuckles.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Master Thief

After ascending the wall to the statue ledge (and using his rope to help others), Rool returns to the bunk room and examines all four walls for secret/concealed doors. He will then check under the bunks for hatches.

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”