It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2376
Location: Pennsylvania
I suggest one boat leads the other. With Malibran's comments, and his unwillingness to part with mace and shield, i'll see he's in the middle of the 1st boat. He will have given his continual light coin to tanner as we have the dagger to light our way. The boats side by side might be tough with the dimensions i see on the map.

I don't want to speak for the group on our path forward here. please speak up if you think otherwise!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2763
Xale Mav; Dwarven Warrior-Priest of Dalt


Xale will get into the second boat and offer to paddle....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hallagad, sitting in the rear right (so he can stab things with his sword), is inclined to follow the strong current down corridor 7, but will help paddle against it if Malibran wishes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8999
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

From the bow, the passive monk is content to oblige Malibran and help row the boat into the middle channel.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo holding his continual light dagger up as a beacon will assist in paddling the boat if needed.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1181
Tanner
Tanner has settled in the front of his boat, paddling to steer.

If we're gonna turn back, best be quick about it!

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1444
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov

“I’m not too keen on the port side passage, either,” says Rool. He helps row back, towards the middle passage.

Rool is at the stern, next to Hallagad

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2485
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

Hearing those in the other boat shouting about going back the way they came, Risdac will begin paddling in the opposite direction to try moving backwards. Keep an eye out and tell me when I need to change direction, Tanner! I'm afraid I may swamp us if I turn to look behind us.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14203
Wary of the strong current, you decide to turn back and try a different passage. You turn the boats around and start back the way you came, paddling against the current.

But not very far. You could barely have gone 10 feet back down the passage when you are brought to a stop, dead in the water. Though you paddle mightily, the water around each of your boats lies still, a tranquil island of gently rippling water surrounded by stronger currents.

I have the following seating chart:

Boat 1:
Front: Xale Khogeki
Middle: Malibran Odilo
Aft: Rool Hallagad

Boat 2:
Front: Tanner
Everywhere else: Risdac

Which is the lead boat?


-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 62/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1181
Tanner

More bedammed magic! Where's something a man can get a grip on?

Tanner paddles briefly, then stops. It appears the choice is made for us. 'Ware danger!

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2485
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

Can nothing be simple in this place? the giant sighs, exasperated. It appears there is nothing to do but continue. Carry on, and we'll follow behind.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2376
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran seeing the strange circumstance in the water jabs the water sharply with his mace to try and disrupt the magic holding the boat in place. "Unhand us, Foul Slime!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14203
What the heck. Give me an attack roll to see if you can hit the water. ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2376
Location: Pennsylvania
uh oh.... here we go...

THACO(9): +3 gauntlets/+4 weapon [1d20+7] = 7+7 = 14:
Mace Damage: +6 gauntlets/+4 weapon = S/M: [1d6+11] = 3+11 = 14 / L: [1d6+10] = 5+10 = 15


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo "Why might I ask are you slapping the water?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2376
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran raises an eyebrow and, with a lecture-like tone, states "Master Odilio, we are in the clutches of Hell. There is nothing we will find that is of benign intent - all will seek to corrupt or outright destroy us. Our adversaries may appear clearly before us or as unassailable despair. I trust nothing to be as it appears"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1181
Tanner

Tanner turns toward Malibran and nods. well put.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Odilo shrugs "Very well then after you are quite finished punching water might i suggest you punch the walls and air as well." the mage states with a tiny bit of jesting sarcasm.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8999
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

If Malibran's attack on the water that grips the boat is successful, the sensei will keep paddling against the current.

If Malibran's attempt has no effect, he agrees with Risdac, "It is fruitless to struggle against the tide." If others agree, he will start paddling with the current.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14203
Stuck in odd pools of still water in the middle of a faster current, you grudgingly resign yourselves to going with the flow. "More bedamned magic!" curses Tanner in the trailing boat. "Can nothing be simple in this place?" sighs Risdac.

Ahead of them, in the other boat, Malibran takes more active measures. "Unhand us, Foul Slime!" he cries, smacking the murky water hard with his mace. The water splashes high into the air—higher than you would expect. The splash turns into a wave that curves over the side of the boat and smacks into Malibran with the force of a giant's fist (-12 HP)! The wave retreats back into the water below.

As you stop rowing, the water around your boats returns to normal. The current draws you forward again.

Actions?

----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 78/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 62/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Tanner); Continual light dagger (Odilo)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group