It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13395
Tanner and Odilo worry about damaging Demonwing. Though they fret about marring Emirikol's property, perhaps one of you remembers the chaos mage's words:
Quote:
"The boat comes with no attachments, no conditions. As I said, I do not loan powerful magic items. So I am making this a gift, in the hope that you will use it to rescue Vorkath."
The boat is yours.

Malibran looks down at the quarterdeck and main deck in hopes of getting a better sense of what is steering the ship. He sees no crewhands. The ship's wheel turns slowly, seemingly steering the vessel of its own accord. A single hatch is in the middle of the main deck. From his vantage point on the sterncastle, Malibran can see no gangplank.

Rool descends the ladder, followed by Malibran and Xale. The stone floor is solid enough. Rool hears nothing beyond the iron-bound wooden door.


-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8504
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

Suddenly remembering the improbable words of the chaotic wizard, the humble sensei descends into the ship to help Rool open the door, if assistance is needed.

"Wise idea. Ships are often fitted with gear suited to their next port."


Thanks for the reminder, Zhym.
Sorry guys. I forgot what Emirikol said.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov

Rool gestures a ‘wait and hold’ signal to his companions who have joined him in the room. He moves back to the base of the ladder and yells up to those still on the sterncastle deck.

“Could one of you look over the railing in front of the sterncastle and see if there is a door set into the wall?”

If someone confirms the door’s location, Rool will look for a way to open the door.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2209
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibrannods, "Of course, Master Rool, I'll confirm. I should have thought of that when i scanned the deck myself. Well done".

Malibran will go back and investigate for a door below them on the quarterdeck and report back.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13395
Malibran climbs the 20' back up to the sterncastle. As he heads for the railing separating him from the quarterdeck below, he realizes that the quarterdeck cannot be more than 5 to 7 feet down. When he tries to lean over the railing, an invisible force sends him flying backwards. He lies flat on his butt, momentarily stunned.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2209
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran stands up a bit abashed. 'Dusting off his armor' he heads back down the ladder and communicates his findings. "Master Rool, again, clever thinking. If we are heading anywhere on deck, it seems we must go under first. With the quarterdeck just a bit below us, it may not have room for any type of door. I couldn't confirm this however. It seems this 'ship' may have a few surprises in store for us." He looks about the room he's in knowing that he doesn't have to remind these worthy warriors of the Light to be mindful.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2381
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

Inferno wrote:
The Unseen Servant:

"Risdac, perhaps the effects are temporary. Perhaps when we leave Hell, you will be restored to normal," the sensei quietly suggests.
"In any event, you remain yourself in the way that is most important."


The mage frowns. I never thought of that. With the unexpected way magic functions here, the rules we are used to magic following may not apply in Hell. Who knows what may happen when we return home. Thank you.

Risdac will stay up top, concerned he may have a difficult time getting back out if he enters the hold.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov

Rool checks the door for 'mischievous devices' and then tries to open it.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13395
Risdac, Tanner, Odilo, Hallagad, and Xale remain topside. Risdac, the misshapen giant mage, worries that he might not be able to escape the hold below. He finds hope in the idea that his condition may fade when he returns home.

Meanwhile, Rool continues exploring below. Malibran and Kogheki observe. Rool finds no 'mischievous devices' on the door, so he opens it.

Rool:
You see a simple wood-floored room, about 40' wide and 20' across, crammed full of beds and hammocks. The door you just opened is in the middle of one of the wider walls. A closed door is directly across from you.


-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7855
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hallagad has already seen enough of hell. He heads below deck in case they encounter any trouble.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16672
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Odilo continues to remain topside merely just watching the voyage, and looking out for any incoming foes, while still admiring the ship.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8504
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

The serene sensei quietly peeks over Rool's shoulder to see what lies beyond the open door.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov

Rool opens the door and presents the room to Malibran and Kogheki. He then enters, moving through the room to the opposite door. He looks to see if the new door is locked. If it is unlocked, he will (half-jokingly) knock before opening it.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2209
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran reflects on the room before them. If this room is 40' wide, is that as wide as the ship deck we were on?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2721
Xale Max; Dwarven Warrior-Priest of Dalt


Xale keeps his hand around his Holy Symbol and quietly takes in the sights while praying that this mission goes well....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2381
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

Risdac will wait for the others to return.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13395
Hallagad, having seen enough of Hell, goes below decks. Risdac, Tanner, Odilo, and Xale remain up top. The scenery doesn't change much. The ship sails against the inky black current of the River Styx. Beyond its shores lies a barren and featureless gray wasteland stretching to the red-skied horizon.

Below decks:
Rool moves through the room to the opposite door. It is unlocked. He half-jokingly knocks on the door. Alas, no one answers, "Who's there?" to the opening of his knock-knock joke, so it is really more of a quarter-joke.

Opening the door, he sees, in the dim light spilling over from the cabins behind him, a passage leading forward (and fore-ward). Beyond about 10' is only darkness. He hears sloshing sounds in the distance ahead.

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 58/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16672
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Odilo heads below deck having seen his fill of what there is to offer topside.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8504
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant:

The serene sensei patiently waits behind the wicked crimelord.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:36 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1027
Tanner

The dark-skinned warrior studies the landscape and the skies, always wary.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group