It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8599
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant, master of spring:

The unassuming monk is as reserved with his speech as Emirikol is garrulous.
After listening carefully, he simply says, "Thank you, sir. What else do you know of the path before us?"

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Zhym wrote:
"...most of you 'holy warrior' lot"—Emirikol jerks his head at Hallagad, standing ramrod straight and disapproving—"have your heads so far up your own butts about Law and Order you're no use to anyone but your own pride and ego. Vorkath was different. Honorable, brave, and all that, but also compassionate and forgiving."



"Nobody's perfect" interjects Hallagad, though he cracks a small smile and his coutenance softens. "Your offer of help is appreciated. Perhaps needed. You'll forgive me for doubting that your motives are altogether altrustic."

He nods in thanks as he puts a slice of cheese in his mouth.

"As others have asked - what's in it for you? My head's so far up my ass that I have to know these things."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13678
When Tanner refuses the refreshments, Emirikol's manner chills. "Didn't your mother teach you that it's rude to refuse a host's hospitality?" he asks sharply. "That wine you will not drink is a Chateau Arvernien '35. It is an excellent vintage of one of the finest and rarest wines ever made. The grapes of Arvenien were stomped by tree nymphs. Did you know that? I would never sully such a nectar with poison or potion, if that's what you're thinking." He takes another drink from his own goblet. "Be assured, warrior, that if I bore you ill will I would have no need to result to such clumsy tricks."

He warms again in response to Hallgad's humor and self-effacement. "All I want is to help my old friend Vorkath. An eternity in hell is an ill fate for someone as virtuous as he was. I have no small vocabulary, but the only words I can think of—injustice, tragedy, travesty—pale in their insufficiency. The boat comes with no attachments, no conditions. As I said, I do not loan powerful magic items. So I am making this a gift, in the hope that you will use it to rescue Vorkath."

"I know nothing of the Temple of Neheod except its location," he tells the Master of Spring. "Of the path there—my advice is to stay in the boat until you reach the temple."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:14 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1074
Tanner

I apologize, sir. I did not mean any insult, and I sure didn't think you intended us harm. As for the ship, I do appreciate the gift. I have learned, painfully, that people are seldom open-handed with their posessions- especially things as valuable as Demonwing. So, I tend to assume the worst. Please, excuse my rough attitude.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16981
Location: Vermont, USA
Odilo will partake of the refreshments and snacks after all no telling when a good meal will come again once venturing to the hells.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8599
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant, master of spring:

The passive sensei nods at Emirikol's counsel. "Thank you. When may we disembark?"

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13678
"When may we disembark?" asks Khogeki.

"Right," says Emirikol. "Time's wasting." He makes a complicated series of gestures in the air with his left hand, snaps his fingers, and you are transported to a small wooden seaside dock. The black crystal spire rises two thousand feet into the air behind you. The Metalstorm again assaults your ears. Your brief audience with Emirikol the Chaotic is over.

At the end of the dock is a large, double-masted sailing ship unlike any you have ever seen. The ship appears to be made of stone. Carvings of leering faces and horrific skulls give the whole craft an eerie, demonic appearance. Large, bat-like wings stretch out from the sides of the hull just above the waterline.

A wooden plank leads from the ship's sterncastle to the dock on which you now stand.

-----
Time: May 16, 4:00 PM
Status: Malibran (H LG C20(Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14(Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (H NG MU17): 58/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2736
Xale Mav; Dwarven Warrior-Priest of Dalt


Xale had partaken in the refreshments and thanks Emirikol for his hospitality and more importantly, for the magical aide in begin able to get to thier mutual friend.

Taking in the ship; Xale takes a deep breath and then says to the others; "Well....are we ready to sail into Hell?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8599
Location: 1977
Joben Khogeki, the Unseen Servant:

The humble sensei regards the hull's depictions of demons, but the first of many lost souls they would soon encounter in the infernal regions of perdition. "Poor misfortunates. Their anger and hatred ultimately bring suffering and oppression only to themselves," he murmurs softly.

The monk calmly boards the hellship and examines its bridge.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16981
Location: Vermont, USA
Odilo boards the ship "Well sailing we shall go. Off to hell as it were."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:33 am 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1074
Tanner

Tanner boards the ship, places his pack near the fore mast, and begins looking around. He's checking for sightlines, points where something could climb the sides, etc.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2256
Location: Pennsylvania
Malibran examines the ship and doesn't like the aura that the etchings and carving convey one bit. 'Demonwing' he thinks... 'I suppose is a name appropriate for the journey we must undertake. Mighty Pholtus, i beg of you, to please provide me the strength and fortitude to weather this evil storm..."


He shakes his head further at the thought of a stone ship.. and follows his comrades on board...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1392
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool boards and explores the deck of the chaos vessel. He looks for doors and hatches leading to enclosed areas of the ship.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7924
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hallagad still doesn't completely trust the chaotic mage's motives, but boards the ship via the plank anyhow. He hope he isn't asked to steer the ship.

Just before boarding, he mumbles a quiet prayer to Pelor, asking forgiveness for boarding a ship bearing such a name.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm
Posts: 2411
Location: Oregon, WI
Risdac Egargi

The Mage joins the rest of the party on the ship.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13678
With some trepidation, you make your way up the gangplank and onto Demonwing. As soon as you are aboard, the gangplank pulls away from the dock and the ship sets sail—straight towards the Metalstorm!. As you watch in horror, expecting to be chopped to shreds, the environment around the ship changes, becoming blurry, grey, and insubstantial.

As you pass through, well, whatever this is, you take a closer look at the ship. You stand on the sterncastle. A hatch is set into the deck of worn and weathered wooden planks. No other access to the rest of the ship presents itself: there is no stair or ladder leading down from the sterncastle, only a stone railing stretching port side to starboard side. Just to the fore is a U-shaped quarterdeck, where a massive ship's wheel made entirely of bones occasionally turns, seemingly of its own accord. Beyond and below that is the main deck. Two masts rise from the deck 80 feet into the air. The sails seem to be made of a pale, pinkish leather, and are full even though the air is still. Huge demon visages adorn each sail. At the front of the ship is the forecastle. You see no crew on any of the decks. The ship appears to be sailing itself.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.16.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.16.13 PM.png [ 196.82 KiB | Viewed 72 times ]

When the fog lifts a few minutes later, the ship is making its way down a black, polluted river almost 400 feet wide. To either side of the river a stark, rocky wasteland stretches to the horizon. The sky roils with a brooding storm of red thunderclouds.

Attachment:
88demonwing.jpg
88demonwing.jpg [ 52.18 KiB | Viewed 72 times ]

Malibran, Xale, and Hallagad feel an emptiness. Each cleric, even the lowliest acolyte, has a connection to his or her god. The stronger the cleric, the stronger that connection. Until now. Malibran feels distant from Pholtus as he never has before, as does Xale from Dalt and Hallagad from Pelor. The holy men feel slightly nauseous, though the stone ship stays steady as a rock.

Clerical spellcasting ability is reduced to the following effective levels:

Malibran
Casting level 13 (Spell loss: 3/3/3/4/5/3/2)
Spells lost:
(1) "bless" "CLW" "PfE" (already used),
(2) "Augury" "hold person" "silence 15r"
(3) "locate object" "continual light" "cure disease"
(4) "PfE 10r" "lower water" "CSW" "divination"
(5) "plane shift" "commune" "raise dead" "CCW" "CCW"
(6) "heal" "find the path"
(7) All

Xale
Casting Level 9 (Spell loss: 2/2/3/3/2/2)
Spells lost:
(1) "Light" "Detect Evil"
(2) "Resist Fire" "Know Alignment"
(3) "Dispel Magic" "Glyph of Warding" "Cure Disease"
(4) "Neutralize Poison" "CSW" "Tongues"
(5) "Raise Dead" "Flame Strike"
(6) All

Hallagad
All spellcasting ability lost

Please make those changes to your sheets.


-----
Time: May 16, 4:20 PM
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (H NG MU17): 58/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1392
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Rool Diov

Rool approaches the hatch in the deck. He examines the construction to determine how it is accessed. He then listens for any sounds from the other side, careful not to touch any portion of the hatch.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8599
Location: 1977
The Unseen Servant, master of spring:

The gentle monk remains at peace even as they enter Pandemonium in a possessed ship beneath sails fashioned of demon skin. He stands at the bow, looking forward without trepidation or anticipation.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16981
Location: Vermont, USA
Odilo fascinated by the ship studies it in all it's glory trying to note every detail of the thing, a total mage nerding out on the magic involved in such a ship.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13678
Norjax wrote:
Rool approaches the hatch in the deck. He examines the construction to determine how it is accessed. He then listens for any sounds from the other side, careful not to touch any portion of the hatch.

An iron ring is set into the hatch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group