Welcome to Restenford!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Welcome to Restenford!

#41 Post by spanningtree »

Azhug - Fighter

Hello, Gelicuff... I am Azhug. I would like to arrange a room and eat all I can later.
With a toothy smile. OCC: 2gp deducted.

Thank you for the ale. Nodding toward Arduro and toasting. The captain advanced us 25 gold, Azhug thinks we should hold onto these coins until the rat(s) are dead. Me thinks we should maybe go now, before the sun sets.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by greyarea »

Holger also enjoys lunch. Aye, let's get these rats... wait a moment, it kind of sounded like he said rat. Singular. We might be up for a fight if its too big for a group of men here to take on...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by spanningtree »

Azhug - Fighter

Azhug shrugs: The Cap'in offered 125 coins in total for the rat. Azhug has never seen a rat by itself.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by badams30 »

Gelicuff winks at Arduro and pushes back 2SP. "We'll call it even at 10SP, okay?" He smiles at the rest of you, happily taking Azhug's coin.
He brings some ale out and as he comes back to your table he says "Sorry to eavesdrop, boys... but I hear you talking about rats. You must have talked to Sig, eh?" He nods knowingly and says "Glad to see someone looking into this. The watch is mostly militia, so they are stretched pretty thin, you know? Gelpas does the best he can, but he's always busy. He's aware of the rats, but hasn't had the time to address it. I'd venture to say that if you can get to the bottom of the problem, he'd be quite pleased." As the innkeep places your tankards on the table he says "I don't know much about the whole rat thing, but I know enough. Folks have seen a rat here or there after dark, usually around the crossroads by the Abbey, and down toward the burnt guard post, in the general area. That's what I know."

During the time Gelicuff is talking a few other patrons wander in for lunch, mostly looking like commoners, and one burly looking human wearing some well-used studded leather armor and carrying a longsword. It seems that the lunch crowd is materializing.

Gelicuff takes your orders and promptly brings some steaming plates of good smelling food out to you. He also mentions that all his rooms are open now, thanks to the departing caravans, so if you wish to stay here, you have no problem obtaining lodgings.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by greyarea »

Holger thanks Gelicuff and moves to greet the burly human, taking with him a fresh mug of ale. He places it in front of the stranger and says, Well met. I'm known as Holger. What do you know of rats?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by spanningtree »

Azhug - Fighter

Azhug clears his plate in record time and signals the keeper for another before turning to Holger: Ya, good to meet you, nice to not be alone. Rats, usually travel in packs and come out at night. Like dark places. If they are not eating garbage they can be good eating if big enough. Can have big claws and teeth, if you take a hit that draws blood it is good idea to visit healer. They can be fast.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:Holger thanks Gelicuff and moves to greet the burly human, taking with him a fresh mug of ale. He places it in front of the stranger and says, Well met. I'm known as Holger. What do you know of rats?

The burly human nods politely and pulls the tankard offered toward him, taking a big pull. "Much obliged, Sir. Nice to meet you. The name's Elmer. Rats? Ah, you must be talkin' about the sneaky rats on the south side a' town. I can't say I know much, other than what I've heard about that Sig fella's girl gettin' bit. I haven't seen any rats, but there's lots of shacks down that road, if they ain't comin' from under the palisade, I'd be checkin' that old burnt guard shack at the end of the road. It's empty, perfect place for a nasty ol' rat."

Elmer nods and says "Good luck to ya. If ya' be needing an extra sword, I'm lookin' for work. My caravan left without me, and I'm sort of stranded here."

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by greyarea »

Holger furrows his brow, Your caravan left you Elmer? That's not good. If you care to join us, we are rat hunting soon. I would have to discuss with my companions about pay, but sometimes the sense of adventure is payment enough, right?

Curious, where did this caravan come from and where is it going from here? How was the road?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by connivingsumo »

Daregold: Thief

"Oh! Grilled fish! How delicious! And an ale, too! Why thank you, Mr. Arduro! Heh... you've already become a hero." he nods gratefully to the Cleric.

The Halfling jumps up on his chair, more to be seen than dramatic effect, and swoops into a deep bow as he introduces himself to his new companions...

"Fine Adventurers, Daregold Oakfeets - distinguished Surveyor and Dungeoneer - at your service! Let's have a look for this rat, shall we?"

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by sonofotho »

connivingsumo wrote:Daregold: Thief

"Oh! Grilled fish! How delicious! And an ale, too! Why thank you, Mr. Arduro! Heh... you've already become a hero." he nods gratefully to the Cleric.

The Halfling jumps up on his chair, more to be seen than dramatic effect, and swoops into a deep bow as he introduces himself to his new companions...

"Fine Adventurers, Daregold Oakfeets - distinguished Surveyor and Dungeoneer - at your service! Let's have a look for this rat, shall we?"
Arduro - Cleric

"I agree Mr. Oakfeets," replies Arduro with a raise of his tankard in salute. "Let us be off after these pesky vermin!"

ooc: Arduro will also take a room at the inn. He is ready to go as soon as everyone else is and is open to hiring Elmer if the group wants.

BTW - just realize I forgot to note down my remaining coin after equipping. I have 'given' Arduro 5-6 gold after paying for the room and food. Hope that's ok!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by spanningtree »

Azhug - Fighter

Azhug shrugs: Not sure we need a hand with a rat... we should go soon though.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by badams30 »

Elmer thoughtfully slugs some of the ale and says "Sounds interesting, but I'm probably shipping out with the caravan leaving tomorrow. But thanks, just the same. Much appreciated. Good luck."

Rooms are available, so each of you can get one, or share, it's up to you. Just tell the keep of your intentions and deduct the coin, and you've got a place to stay.

Sounds like consensus is to head out tonight to check on the rat problem? If so, you can go to your rooms or hang out in the common room and relax till later.

Assuming that you do whatever, then head out at dusk:

You have full bellies and depart the inn as it seems to be pretty packed post-dinner time. The town is quiet and the sun is slowly setting, and other than the occasional person heading home, you have the streets to yourself and the crickets. You arrive at the crossroads near the abbey and facing the Capt's home. You have some light left, where do you wish to start your investigation?

(If you want to do anything PRIOR to leaving, just post and we'll take care of it.)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by connivingsumo »

Daregold: Thief

The Halfling is ready to face a rat, or inspect his room, whichever is appropriate.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#54 Post by sonofotho »

Arduro - Cleric

"I suggest we investigate the burnt guardhouse," Arduro offers. "If I recall correctly, Sig indicated that the rat which attacked his girl headed off in that direction."

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by connivingsumo »

"Indeed, Mr. Arduro! You've a sharp memory there."

The Halfling speaks to his new companions, to no one in particular, "Shall we then, gents? Off to the burnt, dilapidated building to seek a would-be-kidnapper rat?"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by greyarea »

Agreed, Arduro, agrees the paladin.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by spanningtree »

Azhug - Fighter

Azhug simply nods.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by badams30 »

You set off in the direction of the burnt out guardhouse. It takes about 5 minutes of brisk walking and you reach the structure, sitting at the end of the road, adjacent to the palisade border of the town.

The building is made of flagstone and is rather large (80x80) and it has a wooden roof that appears mostly intact except for some smaller holes here and there, and there are large breaches in the walls on the north and west walls of the structure, but due to weeds and bushes growing around the structure, it's hard to see much details inside or in the general area of the building. There is a path from the road that winds around the building to the east side where there is a large oak door that is currently closed.

It's hard to tell that this structure was burned unless you look closely. It's unclear how long this place has been abandoned, but you'd estimate it's been empty for a year or two at least.

You see nothing other than the evening lights of some of the nearby shacks and hear the rustling of the weeds in the faint breeze.

Actions?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by connivingsumo »

Daregold: Theif

"Be right back. I'll return and report what I've scouted." the Halfling quietly muffles to his party as he silently springs to action.

Daregold attempts to Hide in Shadows and Move Silently up to the building so he can peer inside.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by greyarea »

Holger waits for his scout friend.

Return to “Adventures in Valnwall (LL AEC)”