:D

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

Re: :D

#21 Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:I didn't qualify for an illusionist. Sumo, if you qualify for a monk, then I'd like to play a wizard. I'm happy to play a cleric, though.
How'd you know what the stat system is? I asked if we were doing point-buy, 3d6, 4d6, etc. but I thought we were waiting for the House Rules?
I did one based on 4d6 minus lowest. I could be overruled.
OIC.

I always do Point-Buy with a +/- for whatever, but at least that way people can play the class they want without losing the opportunity, or rolling a bazillion times to get the stats they want! :lol:

Just re-roll bro - make an Illusionist - Badams never reads this thread anyway. :lol: :mrgreen:

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by tumblingdice »

I like the idea of the point-buy system. In fact, I like a lot of features and rules from newer editions. For all of 1e's charm with percentile dice for thief abilities, d6 for initiative, 2d6 for reaction roles and morale, etc., the d20 mechanic is the way to go. And 5e's new advantage/disadvantage rule is awesome.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by greyarea »

tumblingdice wrote: And 5e's new advantage/disadvantage rule is awesome.
I do think that is a nice mechanic. Of course, it seems to leads to exclamation of "wasting good die rolls" when two rolls over 15 or so show up :)

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by sonofotho »

connivingsumo wrote:
sonofotho wrote:Howdy gang. Long time, no play!

So, I know this is a stupid question, but how do I set-up one of these character templates?
It's not a stupid question at all because it isn't intuitive what-so-ever. 8-)

So you've been navigating from the left side of the screen, but if you look to the top right corner you'll see the 'Unseen Servant Dice Roller.' Left click/Right click>new tab there and it will take you to a secondary system that you also have to register for. From there, the secondary system, you'll make your character sheet, manage your character, and perform all of your dice rolls. :D
Thanks - much appreciated!

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by connivingsumo »

sonofotho wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:
sonofotho wrote:Howdy gang. Long time, no play!

So, I know this is a stupid question, but how do I set-up one of these character templates?
It's not a stupid question at all because it isn't intuitive what-so-ever. 8-)

So you've been navigating from the left side of the screen, but if you look to the top right corner you'll see the 'Unseen Servant Dice Roller.' Left click/Right click>new tab there and it will take you to a secondary system that you also have to register for. From there, the secondary system, you'll make your character sheet, manage your character, and perform all of your dice rolls. :D
Thanks - much appreciated!
Absolutely, my friend ~ my pleasure. Also, the die roller is a bit wonky, too... unless you write code, then it makes sense. If Macros aren't your thing, you can do a bunch of 'test' rolls and it will remember them in the drop down auto-populate menu. For example, [1d20] [1d12] [1d4] [1d6] etc. When you've done this, just start your official die roll with a left bracket " [ " and they'll drop down automatically for you to choose. Then you can edit whatever the game environment condition is, say if the Cleric casts Bless, you could add the +1 on the end of the text before the ]. I like the macros feature, but I haven't created them for all three of my characters, yet.

I brought over greyareas quote for your convenience. The User Guide is helpful, if you haven't browsed it already, and I provided a screen shot of the Macros (User Guide) so you can see how customizable they are. :mrgreen:
greyarea wrote:The Users Guide http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... #character can help if you get stuck. Or just PM me or ask here and I'm sure we'll help. :)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by spanningtree »

Long time no see sonofotho, good to have you on board!

I'll try to post some kind of fighter tonight.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by spanningtree »

Here are my rolls, used the [4d6c1] method, let me know if that does not fly:

[4d6c1] = 12
[4d6c1] = 7
[4d6c1] = 15
[4d6c1] = 10
[4d6c1] = 13
[4d6c1] = 8

Starting $$: Moola: [3d8x10] = 12x10 = 120

Last edited by spanningtree on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by badams30 »

Hey guys, I promise I'm working on getting this rolling. 4d6 keep highest three. We'll start with max hp at luv one, roll normally thereafter.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by greyarea »

Campaign ID?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by spanningtree »

greyarea wrote:Campaign ID?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by greyarea »

Thanks, Spanningtree!

Stats: WIS:15, INT:10, CHR:17, DEX:12, CON:16, STR:16

Paladin it is

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Hey guys, I promise I'm working on getting this rolling. 4d6 keep highest three. We'll start with max hp at luv one, roll normally thereafter.
I'll get on this ASAP! Tonight and tomorrow are pretty busy - but I'll get rolling on this and have it done no later than this weekend. :mrgreen:

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by badams30 »

I'm working at getting this stuff up and rolling. I hope to have some maps and background info up tomorrow. Bear with me! As usual, if you have any questions you can post it or PM me...

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by badams30 »

ALSO - don't stress out if you don't have an even spread of PC's vs Class. You can hire or pick up anyone you don't have. Play what you want to play, not "what the party needs"

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Hey guys, I promise I'm working on getting this rolling. 4d6 keep highest three. We'll start with max hp at luv one, roll normally thereafter.
Can we put them in any order? Based on your last comment here I presume we can, but wanted to check with the boss first. :ugeek:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Play what you want to play, not "what the party needs"
I hear - in the best badams30 voice - "This means you, SUMO!" :lol: :mrgreen:

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by badams30 »

And to my chief problem man-child, Sumo.., yes. You can allocate stats anywhere. Not that it matters for you and your handful of twos and threes....

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:And to my chief problem man-child, Sumo.., yes. You can allocate stats anywhere. Not that it matters for you and your handful of twos and threes....
That's right, my class is distraction-meatshield, I forgot.

Wow - look at all those forum threads! :shock: You've been busy!! :ugeek: :mrgreen:

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by badams30 »

Sumo, llike the direction you are going in with your character. The depth of character, the stats, the backstory..,,

Memo to self - learn more about the moderator capabilities of this forum, especially banning members from specific forums...

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by sonofotho »

Hey guys - sorry for the lag. Crazy week of work. I'll have my character up by Sat. Hope that's ok!

Return to “Adventures in Valnwall (LL AEC)”