It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Marcus replies, ...and much less rat-like!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 385
Daregold: Thief

The Halfling maneuvers into the dark and tries to hide - preparing to hit "Mr. Ehhhhhhhhh" in the back! *or any other target that might present itself*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:37 am
Posts: 300
Location: Denmark
Arduro - Cleric (wannabe)

As soon as he gets to the floor of the chamber, Arduro turns and sees the skeletons approaching. He places his lantern on the floor and holds up his symbol of Otarr in an attempt to banish the undead.

He frowns as he feels only an emptiness... Otarr does not answer the call.

Roll to turn undead:
[2d6] = 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:03 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1157
Location: Apex, NC
Holger deftly leaps toward one of the skeletons, filled with righteous rage! He swings - and his blow glances off the ribcage of the undead with a clatter.

Azhug grunts and lunges at the other skeleton with his bastard sword (15 - a hit. DMG 7) and with a shower of bone splinters and clanging of metal, the skeleton drops to the ground - finished.

Arduro sighs as he is unable to turn the creatures.

Daregold disappears into the shadows, attempting to flank whatever is coming.

The surviving skeleton, with it's unsettling toothy gaze, swings at Holger (11, miss) and his sword sails clear of the Paladin.

From behind the bunk slinks out a hideous looking creature that continues to groan and eye each of you hungrily. (see attachment)

Actions?


Attachments:
Ghoul_-_David_Griffith.jpg
Ghoul_-_David_Griffith.jpg [ 39.47 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 385
Daregold: Thief

Gripped in fear, the Halfling continues to hide waiting for the hideous creature to be engaged, then strikes it in the back!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1580
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Azhug

Swings at the "new" creature. Yes, much more than we thought.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Holger swings again Wrathchild, the bastard sword [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16, dmg [2d4+2] = 6+2 = 8 with holy wrath.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:40 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1157
Location: Apex, NC
The battle continues...

With a grunt, Holger swings his bastard sword in a wide arc, hitting the remaining skeleton center mass and shattering it completely! It disintegrates into a shower of bones and splinters and clatters to the floor!

Azhug swings at the ghoulish (see what I did there?) figure that just appeared, (15, hit) and his sword bites deep into the abdomen of the creature (DMG 7) it's still alive.

Arduro (NPC'ed) swings his mace at the wounded undead (7, miss) and his attack goes wide.

Daregold seizes the opportunity to make his move on the undead, quickly closing the gap from behind. The creature doesn't seem to notice his approach, as he is focused on the tasty adventurers in front of him... Daregold strikes the creature from behind, (total 17 - Hit!) he buries his sword to the hilt in the creatures back (DMG 10!) and he feels the monster go limp as it slides off his blade to the ground - dead. (nice work!)

All is silent again, the undead are now really DEAD, and lay at your feet. It's been a while, so again - here's the description of the room: Once on the floor, you gather the torch, and you can see the entire room now, the edges in shadows. Close to the bottom of the ladder (the circle with the S in it) is the large hexagonal table surrounded by benches (I know it's a hex, but I drew a square... item T) the table is covered in cobwebs, dust, and has some tankards, plates, flatware and some old bones on it. To the south you see two bunk beds (item B) and a large oak door (closed) in the wall. Another bunk bed (B) is in an alcove in the north west corner, and a small iron bound chest is in the north alcove (marked C)


Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 74.24 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Excellent work, men, says Holger. The unquiet dead are those whose remains were never treated with the respect the Church demands. If we find digging materials, let us inter these remains so that they never rise again.

Now, there's obviously no rat to be found here, but perhaps much much more interesting. Let's see what's in this chest, shall we?


Holger will examine the chest.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 385
Daregold: Thief

Still gripped in fear, the Halfling stands silent, mouth agape, eyes wide with terror, and his sword still protruding out where the monster slid off. Without blinking he looks up at his companions; almost apologetically he chuckles with a half-smile, unsure of what to think of the mess.

Holgers voice snaps him to, and he watches the Paladin move toward the chest. Suddenly, Daregold remembers why he's here! "Eh, Mr. Holger Sir... I can check that box for 'Springies' if you like?" As he sheathes his short sword, Daregold's hairy and clunky feet propel him the direction of the Paladin.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:22 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1157
Location: Apex, NC
(I was waiting for at least one more to chime in, but to keep it going, I'll NPC Azhug and Arduro for this round)

Daregold cautiously approaches the chest. It is old and covered with dust. It's ironbound and of normal construction. The halfling examines the chest and finds a poorly concealed needle near the lid. He makes quick work of avoiding the trap and finds the chest unlocked.

Opening the old chest, he finds that it contains 8 objects wrapped in some old mildewed cloth. The objects are:
1 silver dagger. Very plain with a leather wrapped handle, but obviously silver.
1 vial of a reddish liquid that glows very faintly (Seeing this, Arduro recognizes it as a potion of healing)
1 medallion on a leather thong. The medallion is bronze and has a debossed image of a cloudy sky with a crescent moon.
3 large pouches, each containing 25 GP
2 silver candlesticks, worth roughly 20 GP
A handful of old medals, apparently some sort of military awards. They are mildewed and of non-precious metals.

That's it. Please update the SPOILS thread with what you choose to carry and if a specific person takes an item, note it, please.

A quick search of the room turns up some moth eaten and mildewed linens and blankets, a handful of common mens clothing (also mildewed and unusable)

Closer examination of the table, chairs and beds reveal that they are literally dry rotted and with any pressure or weight applied to them they are likely to break into pieces.

Aside from the ladder you climbed down, the only visible exit is the door in the middle of the south wall. All you hear is silence.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Hmmm, silver dagger, mutters Holger. This could be of some use against some creatures of evil.

Let us bring these all back, we can divide the spoils later. It will be good to tithe. For now, let us see what is beyond this door.

Holger listens at the lone door.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 385
Daregold: Thief

"Well there's a nice sack o'loot!" the Halfling praises under his breath as he springs to the southward door. Being the appropriate height, Daregold slips between Holger & the door without interrupting Holger's concentration, and listens for noises as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:45 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:37 am
Posts: 300
Location: Denmark
Arduro - Cleric

Still disconcerted by his inability to help in dispatching the undead, Arduro examines the medallion to see if he can recognize the image.

He shakes off the feelings of doubt and prepares for what may lie beyond the door.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1580
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Azhug also readies to open the door.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:29 am
Posts: 1157
Location: Apex, NC
The party re-groups at the door in the south wall. Azhug gives it a stout tug and it opens with no resistance. The area is dark, now partially illuminated by your torches. (SEE MAP ATTACHED) The rough room/passage continues to the south, with two doors - one to the east, and one just slightly farther away to the west. But of more concern, as you adjust your eyes to the room, you can hear movement from the darkness to the south... it sounds like more than one creature heading your way at a shuffle. First question - do you enter the room as a party, partially enter, or withdraw and shut the door?

Actions?


Attachments:
Rest2.jpg
Rest2.jpg [ 175.5 KiB | Viewed 58 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Holger says, I say, let them come to us. Leave the door open and chop them as they attempt to come through. Good?


Last edited by greyarea on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:37 am
Posts: 300
Location: Denmark
Arduro - Cleric

"I'm with you, Holger." The cleric moves to the side of the doorway, waiting to brain whatever comes through with his mace.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:46 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm
Posts: 385
Daregold: Thief

The Halfling offers no verbal, but snaps to action; without crossing the door's threshold, he slinks to one side of the door - hiding in shadows - and waits for whatever might enter through the door into their newly claimed territory. Daregold wishes to select a prime target for a back-strike.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1580
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Azhug: Agreed

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group