Time to put this game on ice

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Time to put this game on ice

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Yeah, it pains me to say this, but like GreyWolfVT mentioned, it's time to address the elephant in the room. This game isn't going anywhere, not as a Gurps game, not with our current amount of players, and not as a versus format. My posting rate has been less than ideal these past few months and I can't seem to bring myself to push for others to play this game using advertisements or private PMs. I don't want to continue this slow milking process trying to keep the game afloat. I just simply don't see the interest there to warrant it.

With that said, my active players of the group want to see a 4C system return. For that to happen, I will need to formally archive this game and find a few more players that would be willing to take up learning the 4C system, or relearning it, whatever the case may be. I don't know how long that process will last, but I can say this. Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS) is done. I have to put my foot down and make that decision right here and now.

To Monsieur Rose and NINJAHUNTER, I apologize that you are seeing this message come up so soon after you joined. It would seem as if you were invited onto a sinking ship that didn't know it was sinking. I thank you for the effort you put into trying to learn the GURPS system and playing with the cards that were dealt. You both did a good job as far as I am concerned, and if your interest in this sort of game is still strong, I would happily invite you to the 4C variation of this game. 4C is a game system built around superhero games specifically. It uses a percentile rolling mechanic and character creation is all randomly rolled.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Time to put this game on ice

#2 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I understand where you are coming from. While I never like to see a game fade away, sometimes it may be best. I did enjoy the game and everyone's effort and style during play.

I'd be willing to try a 4C game, I'm not familiar with it, but that's a positive for me. :lol:

I did like vincent, and I'm a bit disappointed that I never fully got to realize his potential for chaos. But that's on me. :oops:

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”