OOC thread/Vacation Notices

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC thread/Vacation Notices

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Anything non-game related you can post here. Not going to be on for a while? Let me know in this thread. Thanks.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC thread/Vacation Notices

#2 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I have been given the green light to post in here. Nice to (re)meet you all.
I'm starting work on a villian, a poltergiest type. We'll see how it goes. :D

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nice so I won't be solo as a villain :twisted:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ok then. So Villain means serious villainy. :twisted: I'm thinking of posting my own thing for a bit, and maybe we can cross paths in the near future. Thoughts?

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Works for me Mr. Rose ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

Serious villainy yes, but with limits. Some people are not comfortable with certain subjects and situations, like children being tortured or overly gory content. I keep those limitations in mind, if they are brought up.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well hopefully my first action is not too gory/bad then. Sensor me if need be I will edit or alter posts as required. Sorry in advance. ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rukellian »

Ninja_Hunter, Zhym, we are ready for you to post when you are. Modric, how are things going? Need help with the character?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Monsieur Rose »

edited my post to include the per check.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rukellian »

So uh... I guess the heroes are on vacation? Suppose this could just be a villain campaign. :roll: :twisted:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Zhym »

Has the hero side kicked off? All I see is the epilogue from the first game, which isn't really enough to get current actions in motion.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rukellian »

My apologies. I thought I provided enough content for you all to work off of, but I forget I have to railroad the plot in the beginning. I will get right on it.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rukellian »

Is this start specific enough for you all, or do you want to be assigned work by the SFH and just follow orders for the time-being?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Zhym »

With a new system, it might be helpful to get us together and railroad us a bit at the beginning. I'm not sure how the SCAMP's GURPS powers work. Is his telepathy strong enough to assemble the heroes from the police station?

Anyway, I think right now he'd give the police a friendly dog look and ask where they need him most.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

SCAMP's ability of Telepathy works like Telesend. Here is its description:

Telesend: You can transmit thoughts directly to others via magic, psi, or other exotic means. Your subject receives your thoughts even if he lacks this ability. Range is theoretically unlimited, but the IQ roll to use this ability takes penalties based off of the difficulty of the task, (ex: If you cannot see or otherwise sense your subject.) -1 for family, lovers, or close friends; -3 for casual friends and acquaintances; or -5 for someone met only briefly. If you have line of sight, no penalty is added.

Normally the penalty system for this advantage is a little more unforgiving, so my version is what we would consider a house rule tweak. Instead of applying range modifiers, we will just use the above penalties mentioned.

-----

Yeah, this is 4C all over again I'm afraid, I'm still trying to find that right balance of railroading and letting the player's shape the game. But at least with this game, I am more familiar with the system. Give me a day to put together a proper start for you guys on the hero side. It's a bit of challenge though, considering I have no idea what kind of character Modric has for us, nor do I have a firm grasp on Ninja_Hunter's character concept, or a name for that matter. I have his sheet, but not enough back story to go off. It was partially why I was waiting for those two to chime in, so I that I knew which direction to take this game.

Still, excuses on my end... give me a day. :oops:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Zhym »

No worries. I'm looking forward to the game getting rolling!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rukellian »

*Poke* Hey Modric, Ninja_Hunter, you guys on board?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Zhym »

So, it's just Ninja_Hunter and me on the side of good, right?

I don't want to squash the game before it really gets going, but we probably need at least a couple more players on the good side to make the game viable. Especially with SCAMP, who is more of a go-where-needed-or-told kind of hero.

Ruke, what do you think?

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

it's just me and Rose on the bad side so not like it is all that unfair really. ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rukellian »

As much as I would like to have more active players, I have to remember that GURPS is new territory for many on this site, and those who are familiar with it have their reasons for not wanting to get into it again for a while. I can renew my advert, but I know of no others I can safely PM.

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”