Chapter 1 (Villain Arc)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1 (Villain Arc)

#21 Post by Rukellian »

So you are looking to enter a warehouse with Symbiosis' mutant soldiers suspected to be inside. You are superspeeding into it and remain undetected, but what will you have Vorpal do? Shall he take the front entrance, go through a side window, or make an entrance of his own?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rukellian wrote:So you are looking to enter a warehouse with Symbiosis' mutant soldiers suspected to be inside. You are superspeeding into it and remain undetected, but what will you have Vorpal do? Shall he take the front entrance, go through a side window, or make an entrance of his own?
He said he was going the same route as me after all it was his suggestion. Hot Streak will wait for him.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur (quick update):

The silent individual who brought light back to the hero on top of you acknowledges your request for help. He starts to move the hero off carefully, putting him in a spot where others can spot him, and then proceeds in helping you up.

For GreyWolfVT:

Vorpal and Hot Streak sneaks through the side entrance, via the window and enters the warehouse. The place looks abandoned, but not untouched. Within the far recesses of the cluttered room, you can see the faint glow of green bouncing off of the walls, and the sound of creature-like grunts and growls. The smells, if you can pick up on them, are not pleasant. Your recognize it for what it is, the radioactive decay of ichnorite.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak turns to Vorpal "Alright lets burn this sucker down, but lets make it a calculated burn so we can keep our heads on our necks." getting a brief layout of the place and leading over closer to the nearest beast then launching a fire blast at it, and running back so that it is closer for Vorpal to reach trying to "lure" it in to the ambush.
Fire Blast [1d100] = 4 attack [5d6] = 17 dmg
Enhanced Dodge (15) [3d6] = 10 not sure i have all of those rolls setup correctly
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rukellian »

There are no 1d100 rolls, just 3d6 and your damage.

3d6 is your chance to hit with an attack, the level of success in pulling off a skill or action. The lower, the better, the higher up, the greater the chance of failure.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent
Chiron Technician "Hector Smith"

He coughs and thanks the man for his help "Thank you so much, I thought I was never going to be found."He pauses for a moment, then "You're one of them, aren't you? I saw what you did to that cape that was on me."

"You aren't like him though, are you?"He then quickly adds "I mean, you don't want attention. Don't worry, I won't tell."

He looks carefully at his rescuer, then turns away. "Let's look for more survivors, there just has to be others..."

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So do I need to re do my attack for the fire blast to just be a 3d6? If so here it is.

Fire Blast [3d6] = 10 attack [5d6] = 15 dmg

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

For GreyWolfVT:

The short blast of fire did the trick. The area immediately below the beast was set ablaze, but nothing nearby caught on fire. It reels from the pain and then lurches towards your direction, now acting on instinct. It fights back! Vorpal waits around the corner to strike...

I know you don't have any stats on Vorpal's gurps form just yet, so here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to say that his sword arm skill is at 14, so a 3d6 result of 14 or less will do the trick and guarantee a hit. His strength is very high, so it will be one-hit K.O.s for now.
ichnorite%20mutant.jpg
ichnorite%20mutant.jpg (325.08 KiB) Viewed 310 times
For Monsieur:

I'm going to ask that you remain patient for a bit longer, until I can get a proper response up. Thanks.

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Vorpal Sword Arm (14) [3d6] = 12
i think you jinxed me Ruke a 14 or greater guarantee a hit and i get less than 14...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rukellian »

For GreywolfVT:

Less than... less than. You're good! ;)

The creature is bisected in two. Other creatures like it are alerted to your presence and start running towards Vorpal.

[3d6] = 7.... seven of them.

For Monsieur:

The first responder who helps lift Hector up listens to what is said in silence. He nods his head in acknowledgement when Hector guesses correctly about not being like the others. The less attention for some individuals, the better. He agrees with helping look for more survivors. You are steady on your feet now, but your body feels weak, a dull pain just about everywhere.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hotstreak rushes to cut off the 7 new foes and lays down a Flame Sweep at the 7 new opponents. Flame Sweep [3d6] = 17 attack [3d6] = 5 dmg then runs back toward Vorpal and fires at the lead enemy Blazing Bullet [3d6] = 17 attack [9d6+1] = 23+1 = 24 dmg

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent

A bit woosy, Hector sits down nearby the newly revived hero. "I'm feeling a bit faint, I'm going to sit for a bit." He looks around for other first responders, needing water and one of those nice shock blankets.

Stupid hector, can't you get your body to work better than this? It's like you just had a traumatic experience or something.

"So...thank you again...Mister....?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

For GreyWolfVT:

The flame nozzles on your custom flamethrower gauntlets seem to be clogged for the moment. You try to force some flames out, but they just sputter each time. (17s in Gurps are fails, 18s are crit fails)

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 8

You remained unseen throughout the two attacks though, the stealth of your superspeed saving you from the random swipes of the ichnorite creatures. Vorpal, however, is out in the open, and all seven try to pile on to him.

Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 12
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 7
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 10
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 13
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 10
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 13

of the six that are able to surround Vorpal, 3 land hits.

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 13

but Vorpal deftly dodges 2 of them. The very first strike giving him enough reason to avoid any more hits. The rake of the first set of claws cuts deep, and seems to leave an intense burning of poison behind, ichnorite radiation?

Vorpal took [1d6] = 4 points of damage, and a lingering ichnorite poisoning of [1d3] = 3 points of damage.

For Monsieur:

When asked for his name, the silent hero takes a nearby piece of debris and quickly scribbles the word 'Lucky' into some nearby dust/soot. When he is sure that you see this action, he wipes the name away and goes back to moving the heavy hero to somewhere more visible. You can tell that he is actively listening for more outside noises.

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak taps the ends of the nozzles and tries the flame sweep attack again trying to get the 3 off of Vorpal Flame Sweep [3d6] = 8 attack [3d6] = 9 dmg
Then follows up with a Fire Blast [3d6] = 9 attack [5d6] = 17 dmg
and speeds back out of their melee range.

Vorpal swings his sword arm in a double slash attack Vorpal Sword Arm (14) [3d6] = 11
Vorpal Sword Arm (14) [3d6] = 17

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent

Nods at Lucky, content at this information. "Thanks again for rescuing me, and for helping that cape. I'm sure you have your reasons, but anyone who helps others in need is someone worthy of recognition."

Hector follows the man and stays near the fallen hero. "Seems to me that next to this guy is the best place for me. The capes tend to be high priority, you know."

He stays near the hero, watching and listening for others.

Does Lucky show any other powers? Strength? Hearing?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur:

Shortly after Lucky settles the hero down, you both hear the sound of more first responders coming, accompanied by a dog with a special vest on. You 'hear' a voice in your head. Someone is greeting you and is calling himself SCAMP. Out in the distance, you see more of the responders searching through the blast zone and finding others buried underneath rubble. The place is starting to get crowded with vehicles as well.

The dog and a few field medics from the police department rush over to you and the recently revived hero. Lucky stands aside silently.

Through direct observation, you have a difficult time obtaining more information on the guy.

For GreyWolfVT:

You effectively picked off 3 ichnorite creatures with Hot Streak's Flame Sweep; however, in Gurps, players are usually limited to one action per turn, so the fireball will launch on your next turn. Superspeed is automatic though, no worries about that. Vorpal takes down one, but misses on his second swing. 3 remain, 2 of which are on Vorpal.

"Hey!" Vorpal briefly shouts. "Careful whose hide your roasting. That sweep singed some of my hair!" He smiles as he says this, showing that he isn't totally pissed, just annoyed.

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ok so can i change that fire ball to the bullet one then since i don't want to roast Vorpal? Also sorry for that i am too much thinking
i am in CoH right now ok where i can do more than one thing in a battle. :P

Also can I get some other types of attacks for Vorpal just saying Sword arm is kinda getting boring :(
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent

"Nice to meet you Scamp...Wait, why are you in my head? Oh God! I have brain damage! Tell me, is it bad?"

Hector quickly stands up, feels woosy, and sits back down. He looks at Lucky and then back to the medics. "What happened here?"
He pauses, then hesitantly adds "Is one of your nicknames....Scamp?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:ok so can i change that fire ball to the bullet one then since i don't want to roast Vorpal? Also sorry for that i am too much thinking
i am in CoH right now ok where i can do more than one thing in a battle. :P

Also can I get some other types of attacks for Vorpal just saying Sword arm is kinda getting boring :(
Honestly, you can call Vorpal's attacks whatever you want. To draw some inspiration from CoH, a lot of weapon based attacks had names that described what they did "Cleave", "Piledrive", "Iron Tempest", stuff like that.

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok Currently it sounds like since i posted two different attacks for both Hot Streak and Vorpal I already have my next battle round actions posted.
Hot Streak smiles fondly at Vorpal "You know what they say, if you can't take the heat get the hell outta the kitchen."

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”