Chapter 1 (Hero Arc)

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Chapter 1 (Hero Arc)

#41 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Hector Smith (rescued citizen)

"Oh God. Why is this happening?" Hector reacts to the news of another attack. Then, 'hearing' Lucky and SCAMP converse, he gets swept up in the action.

"We've got to go help! There may be more people trapped like I was!" He seems to have gotten a second wind and is eager to help the people who rescued him. He starts leading the way to the van, stops and turns to Lucky. "Um, you first."

----

While in the van with Scamp and Hector, Lucky drives to the source of the explosion, looking to help more that may be injured and unable to escape. Just as Scamp forewarned, the scene is now chaotic and many street criminals are starting to take advantage of the situation. Some rush into the police station to steal guns and body armor, others pick the pockets of fallen citizens in the streets. You see a few heroes on the scene, but they seem to have their hands full trying to contain the fires and disarming the newly armed criminals. There are people who are trapped under rubble and overturned vehicles. Sirens can be heard in the distance.

I will use my H&KG3 (if the criminals are "rifle range") or glocks (in each hand) if pistol range I will kneecap them all so they will be "stopped" and can't escape. I only shoot the ones looting the police station because they are "hard" criminals and present an immediate threat to heroes and civvies alike! If they return fire at the van i will do killshots!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rukellian »

The criminals are within rifle range. To target their legs (knees), you will need to make a Fast Draw skill roll to ready your rifle and fire in the same turn. If you succeed, an attack on the legs (knees) will be a rifle skill roll at -2.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Zhym »

Stop the looters, sends SCAMP. I will help rescue victims!

Sensing the thoughts and smells of people trapped under rubble, SCAMP helps those he can help and transmits the location of those who need more than a strong pair of jaws, prioritizing those in greatest need.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#44 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:The criminals are within rifle range. To target their legs (knees), you will need to make a Fast Draw skill roll to ready your rifle and fire in the same turn. If you succeed, an attack on the legs (knees) will be a rifle skill roll at -2.
I do not have fastdraw "rifle" So it wont be the same turn i get the rifle out and will shoot next turn. (i go for the knees) i never care about any minuses :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rukellian »

There is a few people nearby SCAMP that could use some immediate saving. They appear knocked out on the ground, the extent of their injuries is unknown; however, their vulnerable state is currently being exploited. Pickpockets are making easy targets of 3 people.

To mentally dissuade them from their actions roll against your Will Stat (3d6). This will trigger a quick contest of wills, and the enemy will have to roll against Will as well.

To physically stop them with a tackle or bite, roll against your Brawling Skill (3d6). You will need a 14 or less to succeed.

-----

LuckyShot takes this turn to ready his rifle. On the next post, he can roll against his Rifle skill at -2.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Zhym »

SCAMP is programmed to attempt non-violent means of crime suppression before resorting to force. He lays his ears back, bares his teeth, and growls, sending waves of fear and remorse into the minds of the pickpockets.

Will: [3d6] = 10

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#47 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:There is a few people nearby SCAMP that could use some immediate saving. They appear knocked out on the ground, the extent of their injuries is unknown; however, their vulnerable state is currently being exploited. Pickpockets are making easy targets of 3 people.

To mentally dissuade them from their actions roll against your Will Stat (3d6). This will trigger a quick contest of wills, and the enemy will have to roll against Will as well.

To physically stop them with a tackle or bite, roll against your Brawling Skill (3d6). You will need a 14 or less to succeed.

-----

LuckyShot takes this turn to ready his rifle. On the next post, he can roll against his Rifle skill at -2.
Yep I will shoot at the criminals farthest away first(that were looting police gear) bringing my range closer as i hit each target only on oncoming attacker or SCAMP being attacked will change my firing pattern. when im done with the police looters then i will exit the van (if needed)to beat up pickpockets!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rukellian »

Would you like for me to roll for all of your actions NINJA_HUNTER? And, while we are talking about it, did you want someone to show you how to use the Unseen Servant Dice roller, or are we good on that front?

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#49 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Would you like for me to roll for all of your actions NINJA_HUNTER? And, while we are talking about it, did you want someone to show you how to use the Unseen Servant Dice roller, or are we good on that front?
It's fine with me that you the gm make the rolls!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rukellian »

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 4 against a 19, crit success!
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 12 against a 8, failed to dodge while running.
Lucky Shot, having readied his H&KG3, takes aim at the farthest street criminal's legs and fires a controlled burst with the single pull of a trigger. His aim is precise and he is able to debilitate the criminal without inflicting too lethal a wound. Lucky then points his rifle to the next criminal fleeing into the police station and takes aim.

Meanwhile, SCAMP enters a battle of Wills as he tries to scare away the pickpockets instead of directly confronting them.
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 9 enemy succeeded Will check by 1, but failed to overtake SCAMP's success of 6.

Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 13 enemy failed Will check by 3, a 9 point difference from SCAMP's success.
The two pickpockets nearby are overcome by an intense sensation of fear, as if continuing their thieving ways could cost them greatly within the next few seconds. They quickly run away, perhaps regaining their senses in the process?

Hector Smith, the Chiron Technician who was eager to help but a few moments ago, is dismayed at the sight of Lucky shooting what looks like regular citizens. "Wait! What are you doing? You aren't going to shoot them, are you!?" His confused plea is uttered a bit too late.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#51 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:
Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 4 against a 19, crit success!
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 12 against a 8, failed to dodge while running.
Lucky Shot, having readied his H&KG3, takes aim at the farthest street criminal's legs and fires a controlled burst with the single pull of a trigger. His aim is precise and he is able to debilitate the criminal without inflicting too lethal a wound. Lucky then points his rifle to the next criminal fleeing into the police station and takes aim.

Meanwhile, SCAMP enters a battle of Wills as he tries to scare away the pickpockets instead of directly confronting them.
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 9 enemy succeeded Will check by 1, but failed to overtake SCAMP's success of 6.

Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 13 enemy failed Will check by 3, a 9 point difference from SCAMP's success.
The two pickpockets nearby are overcome by an intense sensation of fear, as if continuing their thieving ways could cost them greatly within the next few seconds. They quickly run away, perhaps regaining their senses in the process?

Hector Smith, the Chiron Technician who was eager to help but a few moments ago, is dismayed at the sight of Lucky shooting what looks like regular citizens. "Wait! What are you doing? You aren't going to shoot them, are you!?" His confused plea is uttered a bit too late.
Lucky in-between shots gives a reassuring okay sign

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rukellian »

Does SCAMP continue his course of action with other similar incidents, or does he pursue something else?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rukellian »

I have Lucky targeting the looters and debilitating them. The pickpockets have run off in fear, due to Scamp's efforts, but there are still some criminal elements running about in this area. Those who have already looted the police station are shooting at heroes arriving at the scene. The police and other first responders are trying to help coordinate rescue efforts for those hurt or trapped under rubble. Hector Smith, the civilian you rescued from earlier looks very distressed.

What does Scamp focus on next in this situation?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Zhym »

SCAMP tries to sense why Hector Smith is distressed. If he can, he will also try to help coordinate the rescue efforts.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#55 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Zhym wrote:SCAMP tries to sense why Hector Smith is distressed. If he can, he will also try to help coordinate the rescue efforts.

Lucky will cover SCAMP while picking off badguys

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rukellian »

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 9 against a 19, crit success!

Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 14 against an 8, failed to dodge while running.
Lucky's aim remains true as he takes down a second looter with ease. Having discouraged further looting, he swings his sights over to Scamp, providing cover for the canine rescuer.

Hector Smith's thoughts are that of a confused citizen. He is not used to seeing such violence up close and thinks that Lucky is not acting like much of a hero, targeting and firing upon what looks like regular citizens with a gun. He doesn't recognize them as hardened criminals like Lucky does, nor does he sense the hostile intent that Scamp can pick up on. Not wanting to get involved, Hector throws his hands over his head and runs back to the van.

Scamp can help the other first responders find the injured buried under rubble and debris using his Tracking skill (Telepathic). You will need to roll 3d6 and get a 19 or less to succeed. 17 is an automatic fail, 18 is a crit fail.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:
Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 9 against a 19, crit success!

Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 14 against an 8, failed to dodge while running.
Lucky's aim remains true as he takes down a second looter with ease. Having discouraged further looting, he swings his sights over to Scamp, providing cover for the canine rescuer.

Hector Smith's thoughts are that of a confused citizen. He is not used to seeing such violence up close and thinks that Lucky is not acting like much of a hero, targeting and firing upon what looks like regular citizens with a gun. He doesn't recognize them as hardened criminals like Lucky does, nor does he sense the hostile intent that Scamp can pick up on. Not wanting to get involved, Hector throws his hands over his head and runs back to the van.

Scamp can help the other first responders find the injured buried under rubble and debris using his Tracking skill (Telepathic). You will need to roll 3d6 and get a 19 or less to succeed. 17 is an automatic fail, 18 is a crit fail.

Once the number of men that are armed is reduced I will exit the van to gain better vantage point switching to pistols or melee whichever is better after which I will gather the weapons/armor so the badguys can't get it.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Zhym »

SCAMP locates the thoughts of victims trapped under the rubble.

Tracking: [3d6] = 9

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rukellian »

It is easy for Scamp to find the trapped and injured civilians, their mental voices shouting in fear and pain. Seeing the standard issue Atlas City Police vest on Scamp, the first responders know to heed your barks and mental requests for help. They rush over to start helping remove debris.

LuckyShot leaves the van to quickly secure the weapons and armor that would have been stolen (making sure they are given back to the right hands?). A couple of looters emerge from the station, carrying newly stolen rifles. They stop and aim at Lucky.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#60 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:It is easy for Scamp to find the trapped and injured civilians, their mental voices shouting in fear and pain. Seeing the standard issue Atlas City Police vest on Scamp, the first responders know to heed your barks and mental requests for help. They rush over to start helping remove debris.

LuckyShot leaves the van to quickly secure the weapons and armor that would have been stolen (making sure they are given back to the right hands?). A couple of looters emerge from the station, carrying newly stolen rifles. They stop and aim at Lucky.
Yes lucky's intention is to return the gear. "SCAMP please inform the responders to secure this gear while I handle the remaining perps" [Lucky thinks to SCAMP] Lucky will take shots at the guys with rifles

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”