Chapter 1 (Hero Arc)

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Chapter 1 (Hero Arc)

#141 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Scamp's ears pull back and he whimpers. Something tells you that Scamp is pretty recognizable.
Not to worry SCAMP Lucky thinks I'm going to buy you some treats!!

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#142 Post by BuckshotChuck »

"That's what I thought. Let's have Lucky go ahead and drive us to the precinct so we can turn this guy over and see what additional information we can find.", Jimmy thinks through SCAMP. Continuing with the planning, Jimmy asks, "SCAMP, after we check in at the precinct, do you think you could control Larry here well enough to have him make a phone call to VORP and have him introduce Lucky and I? Maybe a story something along the lines of Larry having to leave town for a family emergency, but he's sending two guys over as replacements for the inconvenience."

Turning to Larry, Jimmy calmly states, "Don't worry friend, we're going to take you to a nice relaxing hideaway where you can hang out for awhile."

Jimmy thinks to himself, forgetting SCAMP can hear it anyway, "Hope my Captain will go along with this plan. Don't know how he'll take me dragging along Lucky, as a civilian, into danger. For some reason though, I feel like I should bring him along."
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Rukellian »

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 14
Enemy Gurps skill roll [3d6] = 10

Larry, in a dazed like state, asks to be uncuffed so that he can make a phone call. For whatever reason, he feels as if you two would be good additions to the group and can fill in for him when he is on his vacation at a nice relaxing hideaway.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#144 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Jimmy first mentally verifies that SCAMP is putting Larry up to this, before turning and carefully undoing the handcuffs. Once Larry has completed his phone call, we'll deliver him to the local precinct and then I'll fill my Captain in on what is going on before we proceed to Vorpal's and/or Hot Streak's hideout.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Rukellian »

Consider this mentally verified. Scamp passed his roll and Larry failed his.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#146 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Consider this mentally verified. Scamp passed his roll and Larry failed his.
Lucky thinks to SCAMP does he have any information about the hideout as far as layout, number of guards etc?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Rukellian »

The only information that can be gleaned from the half-dazed mind of Larry is the location of the place and a rough estimate of how many of Vorp's men are in town this time of the year; he wagers somewhere around 50-60, gives or take. Most of them armed with conventional firearms, the kind anyone can get, and some stolen gear from the police. The group's underworld connections also give them access to explosives and occasional shipments of hard to get medical supply.

But then these are just surface thoughts, Larry not knowing much, to begin with, being on the lower spectrum of the food chain.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#148 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:The only information that can be gleaned from the half-dazed mind of Larry is the location of the place and a rough estimate of how many of Vorp's men are in town this time of the year; he wagers somewhere around 50-60, gives or take. Most of them armed with conventional firearms, the kind anyone can get, and some stolen gear from the police. The group's underworld connections also give them access to explosives and occasional shipments of hard to get medical supply.

But then these are just surface thoughts, Larry not knowing much, to begin with, being on the lower spectrum of the food chain.
Lucky thinks SCAMP please tell Jimmy I can cover the entire perimeter or go inside whichever he prefers or we can both take them out from the perimeter.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#149 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Thinking back through SCAMP, Jimmy communicates, "Were not going there to try and 'take out' upwards of 60 people. Actually, with that additional information, I think it's even more important we coordinate with the ACP. I was originally thinking this was a gang of a dozen or so, and our goal is to apprehend them and punish them per the law. They may be murderers, but we're not. Let's head to the precinct and see what assistance we can get. Otherwise we may have to settle for just gathering information.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#150 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Thinking back through SCAMP, Jimmy communicates, "Were not going there to try and 'take out' upwards of 60 people. Actually, with that additional information, I think it's even more important we coordinate with the ACP. I was originally thinking this was a gang of a dozen or so, and our goal is to apprehend them and punish them per the law. They may be murderers, but we're not. Let's head to the precinct and see what assistance we can get. Otherwise we may have to settle for just gathering information.
OOC- Take out was referring to eliminating them as an issue. I'm sure all the badguys lucky shot in the knee didn't escape :) simply by using a rifle we probably could "stop" them without endangering ourselves but YES we should get more law enforcement involved. They probably wont get killed.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Rukellian »

[3d6] = 13

Jimmy gets in contact with his fellow policemen and finds that they cannot afford any extra men for that scale of an operation. You are free to use whatever equipment you are usually issued for such assignments, but you are pretty much on your own for now. Scamp is the only member of the Atlas Police Force that is free to join you, fortunately.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#152 Post by BuckshotChuck »

We proceed to the nearest jail and book Larry, then have a conversation about how we might be able to proceed.

Jimmy suggests, "If we can stash the van close enough to their complex for SCAMP to stay hidden inside the van but within range to pick up thoughts, Lucky and I can infiltrate, talk with members and see what we can find out. If SCAMP can't be posted up that close, we'll get him as close as we can and have to sneak out to pass the information along. Either way, SCAMP can relay a head's up to the Police Chief informing them of any additional targets before they're hit. At this point, I think that is about the best we can do other than also getting me a change of clothes. Think about it... I'll be right back."

Jimmy grabs a civilian change of clothes from the undercover supply, changes, then returns to his companions to listen to any other input.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#153 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

BuckshotChuck wrote:We proceed to the nearest jail and book Larry, then have a conversation about how we might be able to proceed.

Jimmy suggests, "If we can stash the van close enough to their complex for SCAMP to stay hidden inside the van but within range to pick up thoughts, Lucky and I can infiltrate, talk with members and see what we can find out. If SCAMP can't be posted up that close, we'll get him as close as we can and have to sneak out to pass the information along. Either way, SCAMP can relay a head's up to the Police Chief informing them of any additional targets before they're hit. At this point, I think that is about the best we can do other than also getting me a change of clothes. Think about it... I'll be right back."

Jimmy grabs a civilian change of clothes from the undercover supply, changes, then returns to his companions to listen to any other input.
Lucky thinks "maybe we can take out their equipment or gear not so much as them"?

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#154 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Jimmy agrees mentally, then adds, "True, but we'll have to infiltrate first to find out what they do have that might need taken out."

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#155 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Jimmy agrees mentally, then adds, "True, but we'll have to infiltrate first to find out what they do have that might need taken out."
Once there lucky will use his strategy & tactics in conjunction with his stealth to figure the best possible way to get in/out Also with his demolition skill he will note any points of interest in the structures

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Rukellian »

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 13 Stealth roll succeeded.
Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 13 Tactics roll succeeded.
Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 15 Streetwise, failed to fit in with the crowd, good thing Lucky kept his mouth shut. ;)
Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 10 Acting roll succeeded; he was able to act the part though, making up for his lack of knowledge in street gang behavior.

-----

Jimmy and Lucky drive to the location indicated by Larry, bringing Scamp with them as the backup, and park just close enough so that Scamp can pick up on any specified surface thoughts once you two are in.

The warehouse in question is large and has been outfitted to be a temporary HQ of sorts. You can see many boxes and crates laid about, forklifts carrying goods to and from the loading docks in the back. Your disguises work as you manage to get through the front entrance, especially when you mention that Larry sent you. The number of people you see inside confirm what Larry said. 40-50 are spotted, easily. Apparently, a meeting was called and you arrived just in time.

BuckshotChuck, I'm going to need you to roll against your Streetwise skill when interacting with the group gathered here. This will help facilitate getting the right answers to the right questions you may ask.

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#157 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 13 Stealth roll succeeded.
Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 13 Tactics roll succeeded.
Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 15 Streetwise, failed to fit in with the crowd, good thing Lucky kept his mouth shut. ;)
Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 10 Acting roll succeeded; he was able to act the part though, making up for his lack of knowledge in street gang behavior.

-----

Jimmy and Lucky drive to the location indicated by Larry, bringing Scamp with them as the backup, and park just close enough so that Scamp can pick up on any specified surface thoughts once you two are in.

The warehouse in question is large and has been outfitted to be a temporary HQ of sorts. You can see many boxes and crates laid about, forklifts carrying goods to and from the loading docks in the back. Your disguises work as you manage to get through the front entrance, especially when you mention that Larry sent you. The number of people you see inside confirm what Larry said. 40-50 are spotted, easily. Apparently, a meeting was called and you arrived just in time.

BuckshotChuck, I'm going to need you to roll against your Streetwise skill when interacting with the group gathered here. This will help facilitate getting the right answers to the right questions you may ask.

I appreciate you remembered I had acting skill ^^

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#158 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Circulating among the others, Jimmy maintains a friendly, open attitude as he introduces himself to any that appear open to being talked to. He'll carefully utilize the skills he has to try to pull what information he can from those that engage in conversation. He starts out a bit rough in finding the 'talkers', but is able to find a few, then eases into his own once talking with them.
Finding people to talk to:
Body Language (TN: 15) [3d6] = 13 Success by 2
Psychology (TN: 15) [3d6] = 14 Success by 1

Trying to gather information:
Detect Lies (TN: 15) [3d6] = 7 Success by 8
Fast-Talk (TN: 14) [3d6] = 9 Success by 5
Interrogation (TN: 14) [3d6] = 11 Success by 3
Streetwise (TN: 14) [3d6] = 10 Success by 4

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Rukellian »

Jimmy does so well a job fitting into the rough company that some actually mistake him for a high ranking officer of the group. From the talkers, Jimmy learns of the group's prior plans, or more specifically their success in pulling off the attacks. The group is organized, not SFH organized, but enough to have managed to survive this long under the leadership of a super-powered terrorist and a strong-arm thug packed with unexpected charm and swagger.

The group has many connections with the underworld, dealing with many different kinds of contacts to help keep the trails covered. Some bigshot names come up that actually surprise you, Chiron Medical, for instance, a well-established and respected pharmaceutical firm based in Atlas City. Loose lips have also revealed that Vorpal and Hot Streak just recently snagged a big contract deal with Rook Industries. Soon, they will all be packing high-tech blaster weaponry. It's only a matter of time they say before the playing field will be leveled with the supers.

One more piece of interesting information came up during your talks with Vorpal's men. Rumors have been going around that the zombie troopers from the Rook Industries Power Plant incident have started to appear more frequently in the Industrial Sector of Atlas City. These glowing, green, cybernetic undead monstrosities seem to be an enemy to everyone, and Vorp's men have been dealing with them on the side to help keep their street's clean. Some are worried that the increase in numbers is a sign of something to come, like the building up of an invasion force. The sooner they can get those new weapons, the sooner they can defend their own homes without having to rely on the Atlas Police Department or the Supers for Hire protection.

In the distance, a certain man of flamboyant dress, geared up to the teeth in flame-based launchers can be heard saying something out loud in an irritated tone. Must be having a bad day.

"Who the hell are the new faces?" he asks the solidly built man standing next to him. "Are all of these your men?" pacing around thinking and obviously fuming at something that happened earlier... "It's become painfully obvious to me we need more powered villains, have we had any luck finding any of our old friends the rhyming maniac or that technowizard Cowboy?"

The description matches. The guy standing next to Hot Streak is Vorpal, sword arm and all.
Vorpal.jpg
Vorpal.jpg (29.2 KiB) Viewed 873 times

NINJA_HUNTER
Tracker
Tracker

#160 Post by NINJA_HUNTER »

Rukellian wrote:Jimmy does so well a job fitting into the rough company that some actually mistake him for a high ranking officer of the group. From the talkers, Jimmy learns of the group's prior plans, or more specifically their success in pulling off the attacks. The group is organized, not SFH organized, but enough to have managed to survive this long under the leadership of a super-powered terrorist and a strong-arm thug packed with unexpected charm and swagger.

The group has many connections with the underworld, dealing with many different kinds of contacts to help keep the trails covered. Some bigshot names come up that actually surprise you, Chiron Medical, for instance, a well-established and respected pharmaceutical firm based in Atlas City. Loose lips have also revealed that Vorpal and Hot Streak just recently snagged a big contract deal with Rook Industries. Soon, they will all be packing high-tech blaster weaponry. It's only a matter of time they say before the playing field will be leveled with the supers.

One more piece of interesting information came up during your talks with Vorpal's men. Rumors have been going around that the zombie troopers from the Rook Industries Power Plant incident have started to appear more frequently in the Industrial Sector of Atlas City. These glowing, green, cybernetic undead monstrosities seem to be an enemy to everyone, and Vorp's men have been dealing with them on the side to help keep their street's clean. Some are worried that the increase in numbers is a sign of something to come, like the building up of an invasion force. The sooner they can get those new weapons, the sooner they can defend their own homes without having to rely on the Atlas Police Department or the Supers for Hire protection.

In the distance, a certain man of flamboyant dress, geared up to the teeth in flame-based launchers can be heard saying something out loud in an irritated tone. Must be having a bad day.

"Who the hell are the new faces?" he asks the solidly built man standing next to him. "Are all of these your men?" pacing around thinking and obviously fuming at something that happened earlier... "It's become painfully obvious to me we need more powered villains, have we had any luck finding any of our old friends the rhyming maniac or that technowizard Cowboy?"

The description matches. The guy standing next to Hot Streak is Vorpal, sword arm and all.
Vorpal.jpg

Lucky with his acting and gesture skill will make mental notes of any specific types of posturing or quirky movements that the badguys make in case they maybe in disguise later....also a quick headcount to be sure! Also lip reading any muttering in the crowd in relation to the big guys speech.

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”