Villian Character Creation thread (Villian players only)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Villian Character Creation thread (Villian players only)

#1 Post by Rukellian »

For all of my villainous players, post your character creation here.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Villian Character Creation thread (Villian players only)

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

This was his sheet from the prior game.
Name: Blake Hayes
Alias Name: Hot Streak

Type: Mutant

Primary Traits:
Melee: 40 Low superhuman
Coordination: 20 Exceptional human
Brawn: 10 Above-average human
Fortitude: 30 Maximum human limit
Intellect: 40 Low superhuman
Awareness: 6 Average human
Willpower: 6 Average human

Secondary Traits:
Damage: 100
Fortune: 52
Lifestyle: 55
Repute: 0

Skills:
Arson

Powers:
Contaminant Resistance: 6
Superspeed: 40
Fire Control: 20

Description: About 6' tall with dark brown hair cut short, lean build, hazel eyes, and a goatee beard.

Backstory: I was a hero, on a team of supers. We had a good running history, but on the day of our big win, they day we caught one of the worst villains, my team was just going to give him to the justice system. I knew that would be too light a sentencing on a vile being such as this. I expressed this open to the team, they thought my views of justice and exacting it was too harsh, too extreme. So I went to the villain and was about to exact my justice upon him, the others did not like that, and tried to stop me, they attacked me and worst yet they BETRAYED ME! This betrayal sparked a great hatred in me for supers and the pathetic people I once tried to protect. They managed to subdue me, and I was being sent off to a prison for criminals with powers, unbeknownst to my old team there was some sort of an accident when I was being transported. Something hit the boat I was being transported in, something big wrecked a good portion of the ship. Most of the crew and a good number of the other transportees were killed. I survived, somehow, and started to plot and plan. I needed to change things I needed to wipe the current justice system out and form my own, I needed to put a stop to the supers and aid the weak humans in their self destructive ways. I also needed to exact revenge on those who betrayed me I have to get back at them for what they have done. I need to show them all my ways of justice are right, they are WRONG! I have located one of my old teammates he now calls himself RAVEN.
Attachments
Hot Streak_4C_Character_Record_Sheet-page-001.jpg
Hot Streak_4C_Character_Record_Sheet-page-001.jpg (181.06 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

Alright, first off, how much of the GURPS system are you familiar with? Are you a "Just read the Gurps Lite and ready for this" kind of guy, a "Just read the Gurps Lite and need help" kind of guy, or do you actually have the core book? .....or am I working with nothing and teaching you Gurps? :roll:

thanks for posting the 4c character btw
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I have not read anything GURPS and am completely clueless I have zero books for GURPS.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

Alright, I'm going to teach this system to you in baby steps, but hopefully not too much, since you are a RPG player of various systems and I'm counting on you to pick up on terms and functions easily/quickly.

The hardest part of Gurps, and arguably the most time-consuming, is the character creation process. It's a fine balancing act between the points you are given to build a character and what you have in mind for said character.

Gurps Lite is a free pdf that I have posted here: viewtopic.php?f=264&t=4654. This basically teaches the player all of the core concepts of what Gurps is, and how to build a character. You would be doing me and yourself a favor by taking a look at it while I go over your character conversion, in the mean time, let me pull up some stuff I have saved away for just such an occasion, give me a sec.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

Alright, this is as close as I can get to a tutorial on Gurps. Once you've read through what you are interested in, or not.... come back to this thread and let me know how we will be going about this.

1) Using Gurps Lite
2) Telling me what you want, and me building/converting the character for you using my book.
3) Teaching you the system as we build/convert your character, one step at a time.

viewtopic.php?f=486&t=6520

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm leaning towards option 1 or 2 but not sure i wish to go through with 3 just yet.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rukellian »

I will be going over the 4c sheet today and start working on some conversions, shouldn't take me too long once I get my morning chores out of the way and finish unwinding from work. Once I have all of the conversions done, we can work with what's left point-wise and go from there.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cool thank you Ruke, essentially I'm aiming to keep the same type of character if anything make him a bit tougher able to take more damage or heal faster.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rukellian »

Blake Hayes, Hot Streak

ST 14 [40] HP 24 [20]
DX 12 [40] Per 15 [5]
IQ 14 [80] Will 15 [5]
HT 13 [30] FP 13 [0]

Basic Lift: 39 lbs
Speed: 6.25
Move: 6
Dodge: 9

Filthy Rich (100x starting wealth) [50]
Enhanced Move (Super Speed edition) [30]
- see home rules for info on super speed edition
Innate Attack (Burning) [?]
- Alternative Attacks system may work for a fire blaster attack set, details can be worked out later
Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30]

Demolitions 14 [2]

This is what I have so far for your character conversion. There are a few details I have not worked out yet, like the cost for your Innate Attack, but everything else should start as building foundation for your character. I will probably go over what each term means with you, if you haven't read the linked materials, tomorrow. I need to take a break from forum work and do something else today. If you have Gurps Lite and have read through it, a lot of the above should look familiar, hopefully. The bracketed numbers are the point expenditures.

You will have 350 points to work with, and an additional 75 in disadvantages. Your starting wealth is tech level 8. Everything you see up above is not set in stone and can be tweaked to your tastes, if you find that some things are too expensive or you don't have enough of something.

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well the talk of a fire blaster like ability is really what I was going for in the 4C version so it works for me here other than that it looks fine by me so far. The only thing that I might be interested in so far after reading the house rules is upgrade the speed to make it super speed.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rukellian »

Blake Hayes, Hot Streak 20 pts left in disadvantages if you wish

ST 10 [0] HP 24 [28]
DX 14 [80] Per 12 [0]
IQ 12 [40] Will 12 [0]
HT 13 [30] FP 10 [-9]

Basic Lift: 39 lbs How much you can carry over your head with one hand for one turn.
Speed: 6.25 This is what determines the starting order in combat.
Move: 6 This is your normal movement rate in combat when not superspeeding.
Dodge: 10* You will need to roll a 10 or less to dodge most melee and ranged attacks, attacks that you can see coming that is.

Advantages:
Ally (Vorpal) [15]
- Appears on a roll of 15 or less
- Worth 350 points
Enhanced Dodge* [15]
Filthy Rich (100x starting wealth) [50] You start with $2,000,000 or 2 million dollars.
Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30]
Innate Attack (Fire control/manipulation/creation) [81]
- Flame Sweep (Spray an arc of fire before you in a sweeping motion) 3d6 burn {9}
- Fire Blast (A concentrated spray of fire in one spot) 5d6 burn {9}
- Hot Feet (Erupt a large fire underneath a foe) 2d6 burn {9}
- Flaming Wall (Run with Superspeed and leave a trail of tall fire behind you) {9}
- Blazing Bullet (Shoot a target from afar with a concentrated beam of fire) 9d6+1 burn {45}
Signature Gear (Flame pack with gauntlets) [1]
- When worn, boosts attacks by 1d
- Can be damaged, destroyed or stolen
Super Speed [30]
Very Fast Regeneration (Recover 1 HP per second/turn) [30]
- Triggered only when you take a hit that deals more than half your total hitpoints. {-30%}
- Can happen only once a day. {-40%}

Disadvantages:
Enemy (Raven) [-10]
Intolerance (Half-assed Heroes) [-10]
- You cannot stand heroes who cannot finish what they've started and kill the bad guy(s).
Pyromaniac [-5]
- Must roll a 12 or less to resist starting a fire when given the opportunity, if its bad for you to do so at the exact moment.
Overconfident [-5]
- Must roll a 12 or less to resist doing something that is way over your head. If you fail, you must go ahead as if you've got this in the bag.
Obsession: [-20]
"I was a hero, on a team of supers. We had a good running history, but on the day of our big win, the day we caught one of the worst villains,
my team was just going to give him to the justice system. I knew that would be too light a sentencing on a vile being such as this.
I expressed this openly to the team, they thought my views of justice and exacting it was too harsh, too extreme.
So I went to the villain and was about to exact my justice upon him, the others did not like that, and tried to stop me, they attacked me and worst yet they BETRAYED ME!
This betrayal sparked a great hatred in me for supers and the pathetic people I once tried to protect.
They managed to subdue me, and I was being sent off to a prison for criminals with powers.
Unbeknownst to my old team there was some sort of an accident when I was being transported.
Something hit the boat I was being transported in, something big wrecked a good portion of the ship.
Most of the crew and a good number of the other transportees were killed. I survived, somehow, and started to plot and plan.
I needed to change things I needed to wipe the current justice system out and form my own.
I needed to put a stop to the supers and aid the weak humans in their self destructive ways.
I also needed to exact revenge on those who betrayed me I have to get back at them for what they have done.
I need to show them all my ways of justice are right, they are WRONG!"
- If you decide to do something that goes against your obsession in some way, roll a 6 or less to be able to do it.
Social Stigma (You're a villain.) [-5]

Skills:
Demolitions 12 [2]
Innate Attack (Beam/Fire) 16 [4]
Shadowing 12 [2]
Stealth 14 [2]
Streetwise 12 [2]
Urban Survival 13 [2]

This is what I did for your character, going off of what you had in mind for him. I adjusted the core stats to reflect his fighting style and took the liberty of giving him skills I remembered him using in 4C, or would have in Gurps. If you have any questions about anything you see or want something changed, let me know.

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Looks insanely good Ruke though I'm stumped on the other 20 points and what to use them for.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

Plenty of advantages to choose from that can be bought with 20 points, if you have any ideas as to how you would like to upgrade Hot Streak further, just ask, I have full listings; however, I personally like to keep my characters simple, and not complicate them with too many abilities or skills. So in your case, I would use the last 20 to bump up IQ. The IQ is used for a lot of your skills, and if you raise the IQ level, so too does the skill levels for Shadowing, Demolitions, and Streetwise. Also worth mentioning, your Per and Will are tied to your IQ, so if you raise your IQ, you raise your Per and Will by an equal amount, for free.

The catch though, when using those extra 20 points, is that they have to have to come from a disadvantage or set of disadvantages that equal 20. So if you want to upgrade something, you will have to take on more weaknesses.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Do I have to use the 20 points? If so IQ it is, if not the I'm good as is.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rukellian »

You do not have to use an additional 20 points in disadvantages. If you like the way the character looks right now, I can clean up the text and send it over to the finalized section for villains. Or you can do so. I'll probably get to it sometime this weekend.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright can we use 10 points towards IQ, and add the 10 points of disadvantages into pyromaniac and overconfident? Or is it a sort of all 20 points or none at all?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rukellian »

IQ cannot be split like that, sorry. IQ upgrade is a straight shot 20 point cost. You can bump up the value of Overconfidence and Pyromaniac though. Each one is currently at [-5], if you lower the roll needed to resist to its lowest, 6, you can squeeze an additional [-5] from each one. You would then have 10 extra points to work with. You would have to come up with 10 more points, through another weakness I believe. If you don't have anything to go off of in terms of 'what can I choose as a weakness?' I can help with that. Just think of some things that Hot Streak might not be so hot at and we can go from there.

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well he does sometimes have a temper...

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Monsieur Rose »

So a few thoughts.
First, meta-traits. Can we tweak those to better fit concepts?
Second, it looks like allies can be possessed, and probably robots. How could we model possessing inanimate objects and making them move around? I'd like to be able to have a group of summonable allies in the form of dolls. Said dolls would have advantages, like regular allies, and be built out. YAY GURPS!
Thanks!

We can take this to PM if that would work better.

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”