House rules for GURPS

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

House rules for GURPS

#1 Post by Rukellian »

I have my own set of rules for GURPS, mainly to help simplify things for new players and myself. I will list them separately as I think of them. Don't like how it works? Talk with me on it. I'm open to adjusting them if need be. More may be added in the future if a situation in-game comes up that needs addressing. I want to make sure you guys are held back by and overly-tedious or restrictive rules when having fun.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: House rules for GURPS

#2 Post by Rukellian »

Using ranged weapons

Normally in my games, I handle firearms like I do bow and arrows, roll a skill check to see if you hit. For guns that fire more than one bullet/blast in an attack, I determine the amount that hit based off of how much you succeed in your roll. I like to keep things as simple as possible. Though the effects of armor divisors are not lost on me. I pay attention to those kinds of details as they are deemed important. I'm not going to be concerned with recoil, or range for most combat scenarios.

Innate attacks and Spells

For innate attacks, don't worry about all of the technical information. Just the bare bones is all we will need. How much damage is it doing and what's your innate skill level? We can go into number of shots fired per turn and how much FP it will cost, or if it uses Armor Divisors, but that is up to you when customizing the ability. I will help with the technical stuff as it arises.

The spell system is a bit different, but similar to innate attacks. Personally, I don't see the difference in spells and super hero abilities, all the same in my eyes.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

New Advantage Super Speed

Enhanced Move can be upgraded to Super Speed for a flat cost of 30 points. What this does is remove the multipliers for your character's move in a straight line and replaces it with comic book super speed. You can speed to a targeted spot that you can see and reach on foot without climbing or jumping, instantaneously. You would treat it as a skill roll when using this ability, rolling against your Stealth skill to be spotted. For an additional 5 points per level, you can increase the level of Super Speed to give you additional points in your stealth roll.

Environmental obstructions or injuries may add negative modifiers to your stealth roll and may warrant a Dexterity check.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

Luck advantage adjustment

The Luck advantage in GURPS allows you to reroll dice results within specific time frames. Since we cannot go by every hour or 30 minutes when doing play by post, I will adjust the advantage accordingly:

Luck 1 allows you to reroll the dice every 5 pages in a thread
Luck 2 allows you to reroll the dice 3 times every 5 pages in a thread
Luck 3 allows you to reroll the dice 5 times every 5 pages in a thread

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”