OOC thread/Vacation Notices

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC thread/Vacation Notices

#41 Post by Rukellian »

The game did start off as PvP, but as the hero side slowly trickled to just one active player, I thought it unfair to continue things as it were. So, I PMed the last hero and he agreed to have his character go 'rogue'. Of course, certain things will have to happen in-game for that to happen, can't just flip a switch.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hmm so what now there are just 3 active players? and we have to turn one to the dark side? :lol:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rukellian »

:oops:

My recruitment and advertising skills are not up to par right now. Without anyone voluntarily wanting to play a GURPS game, this is the best I can manage.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright well I hate to point out the elephant in the room ... but ... he's over there

Maybe the game needs to go back on ice for a bit or do you think we are good to keep running with 3 of us?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Zhym »

Jumping in here:

I think this game needs at least four or five players on each side if it's going to work at all. With one or two PCs, each is carrying so much of the weight of the plot. With more characters, there are more heroes (or villains) to play off of. And game popularity seems to feed on itself. I think it's easier to recruit players to games with lots of players, odd though that might seem.

Plus, the PvP aspect may be turning some people off. Maybe more people would have signed up if everyone were heroes instead of having the game split between heroes and villains?

I don't know if GURPS is turning people away from the game, but it wouldn't surprise me. I rather enjoyed the predecessor to this game, in a different system. GURPS is so busy trying to be able to do everything, and that's not for everybody.

GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zhym wrote:Jumping in here:

I think this game needs at least four or five players on each side if it's going to work at all. With one or two PCs, each is carrying so much of the weight of the plot. With more characters, there are more heroes (or villains) to play off of. And game popularity seems to feed on itself. I think it's easier to recruit players to games with lots of players, odd though that might seem.

Plus, the PvP aspect may be turning some people off. Maybe more people would have signed up if everyone were heroes instead of having the game split between heroes and villains?

I don't know if GURPS is turning people away from the game, but it wouldn't surprise me. I rather enjoyed the predecessor to this game, in a different system. GURPS is so busy trying to be able to do everything, and that's not for everybody.
I really did like the 4C system better than GURPS tbh

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rukellian »

Thank you for your input, Zhym, GreyWolfVT.

I maintained the pvp element because that's how the 4C game played out, but if it's really such a turn down for a lot of people I can shift the game's focus to just villains or just heroes. But with that said, I do feel a bit conflicted about people's preferences right now. I was really hoping the Gurps system would work for this sort of game, I really did. So much so that I started to forget certain aspects of what the 4C system was like. All I remembered from it was that people had a hard time with the specifics of the various rules and that character creation was restricted to random dice rolls. Okay, I'm going to be a little more honest here. I had to learn the 4C system on my own, then teach it to a group of players. It was a frustrating process for me, as I'm sure Zhym remembers well, and to relearn it again would take some time on my end. To hear that everyone actually preferred that system and all the frustration that came with it, it's taking me a while to accept that.

The 4C version of this game is stored away in the completed section of the forums. I could always fish up the rules again if everyone insists on scrapping the GURPS system and wants to go back to 4C. The character sheets are already made too, I'd just have to award points earned and refamiliarize myself with the rules. One of the setbacks to this option, though, is that we have a player who joined under the impression we would be doing a GURPS game. To switch to 4C all of a sudden would be unfair to the player.

Those points are pretty much everything I wanted to say. Whether this game needs to go back on the ice for one reason or another, I don't know. It sure is pointing towards that direction, I'm not going to deny it. I am open to more feedback and ultimately I will listen to what you guys want to do and go through with it. I'm here to run a fun game for you all, that's the whole point. :)

GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You could always steal the V&V game ;) :lol:

Also I had to learn both GURPS and 4C so doesn't matter really as I never played or heard of at least one of the two never player either of them but that's what I love about this community/forum site. I've gotten to learn and play many game systems and settings that I'd not heard of or ever played b4. Some I had heard of and always wanted to play. It's good experience and I think most of us are patient enough for it. :)

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”