Perception: [3d6] = 13

Geodan hurls the rock at an incoming creature. [3d6] = 10

"What the hell are those things!?!"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1 (Villain Arc)

#122 Post by Rukellian »

"Hell if I know," Granite mutters. "They go down though, they can be beaten. All that matters to me." He punches another creature and nods when it provides the intended effect.

The rock hurl is a success and crushes one of the nine. Further down in the tunnel, you notice a green light starting to becoming rapidly bright. This isn't like the green glow emanating off of the nearby crystal growth, no, this is a like a light bulb getting ready to short out. Whatever it is, it's making a distinct static sound.

[1d8] = 6

Of the remaining seven, six turn their attention towards Geodan. Two make their way to Granite, but only one of them survives. All the enemy creatures miss.

Combat rolls below:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#123 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak nods in agreement "They can handle themselves, if not no skin off my back. Come let us leave hastily."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent as Geodan

Geodan grins. "Right then. Smash." He rears back and throws a punch at the nearest creature.

Punch:[3d6] = 7
Defend as needed (dodge):[3d6] = 8

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Rukellian »

For GreyWolfVT:

Hot Streak's side of the arc is going to be put on halt until certain things in the plot progress. A lot will happen upon returning to your HQ. I ask for and thank you for your patience.

-----

For Monsieur:

Granite easily squashes the second creature attacking him. Those surrounding Geodan find their attacks glancing off of a rocky exterior, none of their attacks going through. One had the potential to do so, but Geodan saw this attack coming a dodged it with a certain grace unbefitting of his physical form, countering with a finishing strike of his own. What he didn't see coming, however, was the blast of energy hurtling towards him. That green light he saw but disregarded, it was dangerous.

A green bolt of static-sounding energy slams into Geodan and leaves a mark. He felt that.

Because I have not given any specific stats on Geodan's granite form, I will be going off of the Body of Stone meta trait for advantages, disadvantages, and DR level. I'm going to say your super is a tough guy, to begin with, a tank, so he has lots of HP, we will say 100. The attack dealt 22 points of damage, with an armor divisor of 5. This means that your DR/armor of 5 was reduced to 1, bringing the damage total down to 21. You lost 21 hitpoints, but do not feel any adverse effects from the poison/radiation of the green blast.

5 creatures remain on Geodan, and perhaps another enemy is further out in the tunnel.

Combat Rolls:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#126 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Works for me Ruke I could use a pause button on a game every now and then. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent as Geodan

Reeling from the blast he took full on, Geodan yells out. "Ouch! Now we're being shot at? What the hell is going on here?"

"You good here? I'm going to go punch someone through a wall." Geodan bull rushes into and hopefully through the group of creatures in an attempt to get to the source of the beam. He will attempt to make himself a harder target to shoot at along the way.

Rush:[3d6] = 10
Dodge:[3d6] = 10
Those are actually two rolls. :roll: I'm good with your assessment of Geodan. :D

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur:

"I don't know," Granite grunts as he leaps to your side to help perform some crowd control. "First time fighting these things, remember? If they've got guns then w-" Granite didn't get to finish his sentence as Geodan is already halfway through the tunnel rushing whatever just shot him.

He barks a laugh and shakes his head. With a heavy stomp on the ground, Granite sends stalagmites shooting up from the ground, preventing the creatures from giving chase. "Over here you glowy freaks. I'M your target!"

Geodan dodges the next shot, this time knowing the light in the distance isn't friendly. Within seconds, Geodan reaches the target, catching the cybernetic zombie soldier off guard between reloads. Within his cybernetic, skeletal hands lies a rifle pulsating with green energy. It's a technology you have not seen before, not even used by supers. Whatever it is, it's new, it hurt, and that creature is pointing it back at you for a point-blank shot.
ichnorite blaster soldier.JPG
ichnorite blaster soldier.JPG (23.66 KiB) Viewed 469 times
-----

For GreyWolfVT:

You successfully retreat to your current base of operations and gathered Vorpal's men to discuss your next plan of action. It looks like you got a large crowd today, some 40-50 people in attendance. With the chaos that is ensuing in different parts of the city, it was easy for them to all gather here without arousing suspicion.

GreyWolfVT

#129 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Who the hell are the new faces?" he asks Vorpal "Are all of these your men?" pacing around thinking and obviously fuming at the sight of Raven... "It's become painfully obvious to me we need more powered villains, have we had any luck finding any of our old friends the rhyming maniac or that technowizard Cowboy?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent as Geodan

"There you are!" Geodan exclaims as he finally sees what hit him. "Wow. I see why you stayed back here in the rear. Distance is your friend."

Geodan rears back and puts his considerable weight into his punch. [3d6] = 5

He immediately twists his body to avoid the blast he thinks is coming. [3d6] = 8

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur:

Excellent rolls!

Geodan takes the cybernetic creature thing down in one heavy punch, expertly dodging a point-blank blaster shot with another show of unexpected grace. If you didn't know any better, you would say that you didn't know your own strength. ;) The creature holding the gun does not get back up. When you return to Granite, the stalagmites come down and all the remaining foes are down on the ground, quite beaten.

"You alright there Geodan? You took quite the shot earlier, I could tell."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent as Geodan

"Yeah. That thing hurt, not going to lie." Geodan grins and continues "Looks like you've got this under control. Let's go back down there and I'll show you what I found."

Geodan motions for Granite to lead the way. When they get back to the gun area he picks up the gun and starts examining it.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur:

Granite whistles when he sees the blaster in Geodan's hands. "That's some fancy tech you've got there. We will need a containment case for that thing. It doesn't look healthy to carry around."
ichnorite blaster.jpg
ichnorite blaster.jpg (113.68 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Sure enough, the blaster rifle is irradiating some sort of green aura. Could be the fuel used inside, whatever it is. Looking around, you see a similar green glow in your environment, the crystal growths found throughout the tunnel.

Granite looks past you farther down into the darkness of the tunnel. "Looks like the tunnel winds down a bit farther. You up for more?" Granite hasn't forgotten that you just got out of the hospital.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent as Geodan

"Good call on the container. Let's grab a few of these crystals before we go as well. Looks like they may be similar to what's being used in the gun."

Geodan winks at Granite. "I'm good to go. I feel like a new man."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur:

Sand Drift and Shrike grow a bit antsy as they wait for news from down below. They hear fighting, but know not to get in Granite's or Geodan's way. Still, Sand Drift shares her two cents. "This job is becoming more than just a simple arson investigation. We uncovered something, something that someone wanted to keep hidden. This place was supposed to burn down, but it didn't, and if it had anything to do with those zombie like things we found earlier... I don't know. I don't like where this is going. Something about all of this doesn't feel right."

It was a feeling that Sand Drift got every now and then, a sixth sense that warned her of future danger. Shrike picked up on this change in her mood and nodded. "I hear yeah, but I'm also confident that we can handle anything we find down there."

Shrike really wasn't sure what else to say in a situation like this. He never was good at cheering people up or salvaging a tense mood. Shrugging his shoulders at himself he goes back to watching the front entrance, keeping his eyes peeled for any movements.

Geodan and Granite's expedition into the tunnel below finds through a winding expanse of narrowly dug corridors and passages of glowing green crystal. The whole area seemed irradiated with the stuff and as the two descended farther and farther down, the more twisted the environment became, green particles becoming prevalent in the air.

No more of those creatures were spotted and as you reached the end of the tunnel, the path opens up to a large open space. The room is filled with crates of various sizes, but all high-tech looking, Poseidon Electronics grade no less. Towards the back of the open space, beyond all the crates, stands a solitary door of equivalent technological design.

Granite speculates out loud as he approaches the door, looking around cautiously. "An underground bunker? How did all of this stuff get down here in the first place? I don't remember there being any underground construction projects lately."

GreyWolfVT

#136 Post by GreyWolfVT »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hot Streak "Who the hell are the new faces?" he asks Vorpal "Are all of these your men?" pacing around thinking and obviously fuming at the sight of Raven... "It's become painfully obvious to me we need more powered villains, have we had any luck finding any of our old friends the rhyming maniac or that technowizard Cowboy?"

Anything for me? All the updates are for Rose.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Rukellian »

They have been all for Rose, yes. He's the only other villain in the game right now and I'm trying to get him teamed up with you. It's taking a bit longer than I thought, admittedly.

------

For GreyWolfVT:

Vorpal merely shrugs his shoulders, the same that he always does when those two guys are mentioned. "You know for a fact I wouldn't go near that lunatic with a 100 ft pole. He'd find some way of using it against me, probably just for kicks and giggles too, and that Cowboy is hard to find if you don't know where to look." Vorpal waves his sword arm around. "In case you've forgotten, I can't really do any internet searches on him and he didn't leave a cell number. Paranoid that one.

"Look, if we are going to search for some more badasses with a super powers and a grudge against the world, I'm all for it, so long as my men aren't considered free game for their sinister agendas or whatever. But you know I wouldn't do anything behind your back either, Hot Streak. So, What's it going to be? You're calling the shots around here."

Vorpal, your right hand man, waits expectantly for orders. He's smart, you know that, but he also knows his place, unlike Symbiosis. Vorpal's men also look up at you expectantly, half in fear of ticking you off and getting roasted, the other half in awe of what you stand for, powerful, strong enough to stand up against the supers and cops.

GreyWolfVT

#138 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak "Well hell guess lets find something to blow up, that or lets see what kinds of goodies we can steal. What say you all?" he asks with a shout to the room "A little mayhem or shall we go shopping this time?" by shopping he means taking things that can further their cause better weapons and so forth.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent as Geodan

"Poseidon, huh? You think this is a warehouse of theirs?" Geodan muses "That would make those creatures some sort of security force, right?"

Taking a look at the door, Geodan shrugs and asks "I guess we open it? Looks like the only door around."

Sorry about the delay in getting to meet Hot Streak. Maybe Ruke can nudge me in the right direction by PM's. :D

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry about the delay in getting to meet Hot Streak. Maybe Ruke can nudge me in the right direction by PM's. :D
Not a bad idea... perhaps a bit of healthy railroading is what we need. Give me a day, let me figure out how I want to do this. ;)

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”