It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Miss Cleo slides up to the portcullis to look and listen for activity down the hallway. She doesn’t see or hear anything, so she examines the area around and beyond the metal bars. A wheel handle is set into the west wall on the other side of the barrier, connected to a chain that rises and disappears into a rough gap in the ceiling above the portcullis frame.

Foul inserts and turns the second key. The window flickers, goes dark for a longer period, and returns to the clear view of the bizarre landscape.

Sitrus occupies his time sorting through the piles of debris that Miss Cleo organized in the two southern chambers. He finds that she did a thorough job segregating the various pieces, and finds nothing out of order.

MAP:

Actions?

Current hit points:

Irakas 5
Quangah 3
Foul 3
Bugg 2
Egburt 2
Toldren 1
Sitrus 1
Miss Cleo 1


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
Irakas says, "We probably won't be able to lift the portcullis, but I'll give it a shot." He goes over to the bars to see if he can lift them at all.

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo whispers quietly in her island accent.

"If me know any ting bout adventuring.......which, me don't.......I tink dis tunnel might meet back up wit da one in da udder room. Less all see if we can lift dis gate."

With that, she also tries lifting up on the portcullis with anyone else who wants to try it.


Foul starts to get nervous. She peers deeply into the glass again, looking around specifically to see if anything beyond has changed in the longer pause of the fade to black sequence. She mumbles to herself as she stares into the chaos.

"I don't like this stuff one bit, but someone has to do the dirty work."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Sitrus takes two bones and wanders back up the cave to the acid pool room, drumming along the walls as he goes.

"Hey, that looks trippy," he says to Foul as she experiments with the glass. If she turns the key again, he'll try touching the window when it goes black.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2481
Toldren will toss a bit of debris from the bear cave (something heavy enough to land with some oomph and bounce on the floor) through the portcullis to see if anything happens. If not then he and Egburt will lend a hand on raising the portcullis.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Toldren finds a moderate piece of debris and tosses it through the bars, into the passage beyond. It lands with a knock and snap, rolling against the east wall. Nothing appears to have been disturbed or moved by the rolling chunk, so he joins Irakas and Egburt in trying to lift the portcullis. The three are able to collectively lift the barred gate, but realize it is too heavy to hold up for long.

Sitrus joins Foul in the Ritual Chamber. Foul stares through the window, trying to determine if anything beyond the glass has changed position since she turned the second key. She believes that the scene spread before them is unchanged from when they first viewed it before and during the battle with the cultists.

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo scuttles under the raised portcullis as quickly as she can before it needs to be dropped again. She slowly advances further up the tunnel, hugging the left wall as she holds her hand out in front of her to see the way.


Foul scratches her butt a little as Sitrus enters the room. She nods at him with a slight look of fear just before inserting and turning the next key.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Sitrus suggests to Foul, "Maybe this place is like some far out way to spy on people." He taps on the window with his bone drumsticks as she activates the next key, seeing if its physical properties change at all.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:11 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
After Cleo moves past the portcullis, Irakas lets it drop and says to her, "See if you can raise it using that wheel."

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo slaps her forehead slightly, almost poking herself in the eye in the process. She stops in the hall when she gets to the wheel and chain. Trying to figure out how it works, she carefully gives it a spin.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Toldren, Irakas and Egburt hold the portcullis while Miss Cleo moves under. She spins the wheel on the west wall, which ratchets and tightens the chain. The bars are now raised and secured in that position. Miss Cleo moves ahead to explore. She walks through a widened portion of the passage littered with debris, some stools and large buckets against the east wall. She looks around the left wall, and it curves to the west beyond her sight.

Fouls inserts and turns the third key. The window flickers once more, going dark for a noticeable period, and again returning to the clear view.

Using his bone striker, Sitrus taps the glass, which ‘ticks’ with the sound of glass. Concentric circles ripple across the entire surface, dissipating once the tapping ceases.

MAP:

Actions?

Current hit points:

Irakas 5
Quangah 3
Foul 3
Bugg 2
Egburt 2
Toldren 1
Sitrus 1
Miss Cleo 1


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo turns to wave the others towards her position. Once (if) they arrive, she moves along further down the passageway to where she thinks the door into the huge chamber might be.


Foul looks at the fun loving Sitrus and shrugs her scoliosis ridden shoulders before continuing on with her possibly deadly experiment.

"Well? What do you think, sonny? In for a penny, in for a pound?"

She starts the processes over again with the next key unless told to wait.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
Irakas moves up alongside Miss Cleo to explore further down the passage.

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Sitrus shrugs and says, "If I had a pound, lady, I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway." As long as Foul keeps trying keys, he'll keep trying to touch, speak into, fog up, and polish the glass, wondering if this contraption actually does anything at all.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2481
With the portcullis seemingly locked in place, Toldren and Egburt will cautiously follow Miss Cleo in the tunnel as it bends to the west.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Toldren and Egburt join Miss Cleo and they continue down the corridor until they reach an oval, stone door with familiar construction. There are no handles or hinges visible.

Foul inserts the fourth key. This time when the window flickers and returns to the view, a portion of the outside border, approximately 2 feet wide remains black. An audible, high pitch whine ramps up and then subsides.

Sitrus continues to experiment with the window glass, but discovers nothing new beyond the flicker and visibility change.

MAP:

Actions?

Current hit points:

Irakas 5
Quangah 3
Foul 3
Bugg 2
Egburt 2
Toldren 1
Sitrus 1
Miss Cleo 1


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
Irakas hurries to catch up to Toldren and the others.

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo pushes against the door to see if she can get it to move. If not, she asks for help.

"Did ya ear dat noise? Der muss be some ting behind dis door. Elp me push it!"


Foul covers her ears when the high pitched noise begins. She looks at Sitrus one more time before inserting the penultimate key into its slot.

"I say we continue to see what this thing really does."

"I hate to ask you this but........if you die, and I don't, can I have your spare change?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 403
Bugg and Quangah, not wishing to be left behind, rush up the corridor to join their fellows.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2481
Toldren's head cocks at the sound. What was that? He and Egburt pitch in to help Miss Cleo try and open the oval door.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group