It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13230
Location: Packerland
Foul glares at the dirty Bugg, not exactly willing to give up her newly found fortune.

"Well, since this is a group effort, I suppose that I could borrow you ONE of the coins to experiment with."
The guild hag hands over one of the coins, but watches it closely. Uncomfortably close, if you know what I mean.


Schlovell wants nothing to do with opening up the chaos window. He continues searching the floors and walls of this place, but runs out the door he came in if the huge window should start opening.


Miss Cleo joins Sitrus at the canceled door, first looking it over with her eyes, then helping him try to push it open.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Bugg takes one of the coins that Foul reluctantly hands over. He heads to the window frame and nervously fiddles with the piece, trying to place it in the depression. The circular void is smaller in diameter than the coin, preventing its insertion.

Schlovell searches the floors and walls, staying conscious of the huge window’s status.

Miss Cleo walks over to Sitrus and examines the door. Satisfied that she didn’t find anything unusual, she and the dwarf attempt to open the door and gain access to what is beyond. They try to push the portal out and away, but it does not budge. They then grip the rudimentary pockets in the body of the door and try to rotate it inward. The stone door begins to move, but they collectively lack the strength to hold it. They release their grip and it shuts back against the stone frame.

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:26 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2485
Toldren and Egburt, seeing the struggle with the door, move over to it to lend their assistance in opening the portal.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13230
Location: Packerland
Schlovell gets further away from the window, helping push on the heavy door.


Foul is not smart.
"Maybe try one of the keys. The first one?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Sitrus is not one to be outdone by a mere door. He never met a bungalow he couldn't squat in, down at the mushroom beaches of Dwarfshore. If there's one thing he learned from his time as a beach bum, it's that there's always a way in, and he won't stop until he's on the other side of that door.

He continues to struggle with the extra help.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:40 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
Irakas goes over to help with the door as well.

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

A gaggle of adventurers join Sitrus and Miss Cleo at the formerly concealed door. After a brief series of debate and combined effort, the group manages to pivot the oval, stone door into the room and over its center of balance. The door sits open, against the masonry wall and reveals a natural cavern passage. A foul stench bellows forth from the cavern, causing all to reel back from the reek.

MAP

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13230
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo looks around with her weird hands, hoping to see if anything is alive up the passage.
"Mi anticipating some real bad juju up ahead!"


Shlovell retrieves and lights a torch from one of his fallen friends. He takes a few steps into the chamber, hoping like hell someone will move ahead of him.
"This place seems unfriendly to the living. Should we even bother to investigate, or go back to a different door?"


Foul
"I've smelled worse."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2485
Egburt offers, another door is an option but I will go first here if that will help us with mapping this place.

Toldren eyes the door, whatever we decide, we need to know how to close this thing quickly if need be.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
Someone needs to decide a course of action.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
Irakas says, "Let's go down this corridor first and get it over with."

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13230
Location: Packerland
Shlovell shrugs and leads the way into the newly found hallway with his torch held out in front of him. He continues along the smelly passage until he finds something new to report back to the others.


Miss Cleo follows the light, looking all around with her hand eyes.


Foul stays put right where she is.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2485
Toldren and Egburt follow Schlovell, in second and third place behind his lead. They scan floor, ceiling, and walls for any sign of danger.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Sclovell leads the way into the stank-filled cavern. After 40ft., the passage opens into a large room filled with various wood and stone debris. There is a passage leading out in the east wall.

A narrow, 3ft.-wide passage runs to the northeast. This corridor appears to be the source of the foul odor.

MAP:

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:55 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 404
Bugg goes to the front lines; Quangah hangs back in the middle.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13230
Location: Packerland
Sclovell pulls the neckline of his shirt up over his nose and mouth and continues into the narrow tunnel, leading the way with his torch.

"This way stinks! But, I don't want to leave an unchecked and possibly dangerous area behind us."


Miss Cleo moves ahead into the room with the debris and looks around with her hands.


Foul keeps a lookout at the door in front of her, looking around on the floor for any loose change.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:56 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
Irakas moves forward beside Sclovell. "What better place to hide your valuables?" he mutters.

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2485
Toldren will follow behind Schlovell, then Egburt. They will maintain a 5' distance between each person.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Schlovell continues to lead the group deeper into the narrow passage. As the passage opens into another room; Schlovell spots a grotesque, hairless bear inside the chamber. The abomination is moving toward him with apparently hostile intent!

Miss Cleo’s exploration of the large cavern discovers nothing of us stone and wood debris.

MAP:

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Sitrus rushes into the tunnel to join the others, clip-clopping on his hooves, excited to see what all the screaming is about.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group