CHAPTER ONE: Into the Temple

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER ONE: Into the Temple

#101 Post by Pulpatoon »

Symond Berry: "If you don't need my help with the rug, Kid, I'm going to try my luck with the inscriptions. I've seen plenty of weird writing during my apprenticeship, and can even read a bit here and there."

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by coil23 »

Quill, embarrassed at not understanding any of the writing, decides to move around the statue to the back to see if there is anything of interest at the back of the statue or the wall immediately behind it.

Toldren, ever the caravan guard in sensibility, keeps an eye on the two groups peering out different passages to make sure everyone stays together. Sitrus, just don't go off alone. To the group, any ideas on which direction to head next?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by kalstone »

Irakas looks conflicted about the gem. Maybe on the way out, he thinks, moving over to join the group on the staircase to the east.

Intrigued, Myles moves over to examine the inscription as well.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#104 Post by Griffith »

Schlovell, "What does genuflect mean?"

Hanout, "Bend down on one knee, or both knees to pay respect..."

Schlovell, "I don't think I want to do that..."

Hanout, "Here..." Hanout hands Schlovell his sword and steps onto the carpet. He bends down on both knees. He will examine the splotches/mysterious substances.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Pulpatoon »

coil23 wrote:Quill To the group, any ideas on which direction to head next?
Foul Ol' Amphelice: "Oh, I'd druther go down th' stairs th' boys tossed the rug down."

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Starbeard »

Pulpatoon wrote:Symond Berry: "If you don't need my help with the rug, Kid, I'm going to try my luck with the inscriptions. I've seen plenty of weird writing during my apprenticeship, and can even read a bit here and there."
Kid Crimson: "Huh? Oh yeah, sure. I think I can do it. I'm pretty much the strongest person I know."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Norjax »

* Kid moves to the top of the next flight of step. He, once again, pushes the rung down the stairs watching for any ill reaction. It stops just beyond the bottom, and lies motionless. The air of the passage is becoming cooler and damper with each section of descent.

* Beefheart’s efforts shed some clues about the tapestries. He can identify some of the abstract images as human or demi-human figures that are being skinned alive by other figures wearing concealing robes. The blood of the skinning trauma is collected in pans and carried off to an underground chamber.

* Miss Cleo thumbs through her deck of cards searching for any incite concerning their explorations.

* Timmy searches the walls as he follows Kid Crimson and Irakas down the stepped passage.

* Symond returns to the altar room to examine the inscriptions. Roll a Luck check

* Quill moves to the back of the statue, looking for any areas that might be interesting.

* Toldren watches both of the room’s exits, concerned that the party might split up and diverge too far.

* Irakas joins Kid Crimson and helps roll the carpet down the second flight of stairs.

* Myles spends time next to Symond and examines the altar inscriptions. Roll a Luck Check

* Sir Hanout schools Schlovell on concepts of higher social conduct. He then examines the abstract imagry for clues. Roll Luck

Map:

Actions?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#108 Post by kalstone »

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#109 Post by Griffith »

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#110 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Timmy can't control his own curiosity as he moves forward to the corner and peeks his head around to have a look. "Man, this is way more exiting than I ever thought it would be!"

Miss Cloe finds nothing for herself in the cards. She moves over to the folks trying to decipher the ruins and inscriptions, hoping her smarts might bring them the luck they need to crack the mystery.

Luck (10) [1d20] = 8

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by coil23 »

Toldren calls quietly to Sitrus, I think the decision was made to try these other stairs. People are heading down there now. Toldren will start down the southern stairs where some of the others are already down.

Quill will reluctantly follow- it seems a shame to leave a nice, quiet room with no apparent danger but he plans to stick close to the caravan guard. He likely knows how to deal with danger.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Pulpatoon »

Symond Berry, Luck 13 (+1): [1d20] = 3

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Norjax »

* Myles and Symond continue to examine the strange script, but cannot make sense of the carvings.

* Sir Hanout ponders the meaning of the abstract images. As he peers into the carpet, the designs begin to coalesce into the form of the Chaos god represented by the altar. Suddenly, the eye of the statue glows a bright green and illuminates the entire room. It was luck that he could understand the evocation, and he rolled a 20. Unfortunately, the results are ‘unlucky’.

This occurs simultaneous with Miss Cloe’s, Toldren’s and Quill’s movements. Everyone except Kid Crimson, Irakas and Timmy make a Willpower Save against a DC 16 (Need a 16 or higher on the 1d20 roll. Add any modifiers).

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#114 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Miss Cleo

Will [1d20] = 2
:?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#115 Post by kalstone »

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by coil23 »

Quill [1d20] = 2

Toldren [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5

Annnnnnd the next step will be the entire party rerolling for new characters.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Starbeard »

Beefheart Willpower save: [1d20-1] = 2-1 = 1

We're all counting on you, Schlovell, don't let us down!

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by ybn1197 »

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Norjax »

* Pert, Myles & Sir Hanout collapse onto the stone floor.

* Miss Cloe’s eyes relocate to her palms and her eye sockets fill with skin and blend into her face.

* Quill’s skin becomes the texture and color of a brook trout.
* Toldren has two small horns grow out of his forehead.

* Beefheart’s skin becomes clear and his blood vessels and muscles show through.

* Sitrus’ feet morph into cloven hooves.
* Toross' ears fall off, but he can still hear.

* All of Foul’s body hair falls out.

* Egbert, Schlovell and Symond stand there is shock, but suffer no effects.

Pert, WP save = [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13
Egburt, WP save = [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20

Symond, WP save = [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18
Foul, WP save = [1d20] = 7

* Timmy moves around the corner at the bottom of the stepped corridor. He sees a room 30ft wide by 40ft long. Four slender columns support the smooth stone ceiling. The walls are of polygonal masonry and the floor is smooth like the ceiling. A wooden table is centered in the room flanked by six chairs. A cloaked figure sits at the end chair with its back to the entrance. A wooden door in a framed wooden wall closes a 10ft wide passage leading north out of the room.

Map:

Actions?

Return to “Archive (The Temple of Chaos)”