CHAPTER ONE: Into the Temple

sirravd

Re: CHAPTER ONE: Into the Temple

#221 Post by sirravd »

Quangah sighs heavily; the unearthly reek of his breath hangs in the air afterward. "How's this for a reward: we'll join your adventuring party? I'll sweeten the deal: Bugg and I will take the front rank. We will get our fair share of the booty, of course."

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#222 Post by kalstone »

"You'll stand between me and the danger?" says Irakas incredulously. "Deal!"

"I make the best deals..." he mutters to himself as he examines the door for a way to open it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#223 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Timmy helps search for a way into the room. He holds his breath the best that he can. :?

"We need those lock picks over here again!"

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Starbeard »

Toross enters valiantly and begins to pick the lock, explaining that such skills should only be used for good.

Sitrus watches the show while continuing to munch down on the food. He makes an inopportune fart joke and then practices his surfing balance on the open crates.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Norjax »

* Toross searches the rickety chest and finds nothing but the book and vial of red liquid. He flips through the book titled “Mammals” and determines that it has information concerning local mammalian population groups. He then enters the next room and tries to pick the lock of the metal door. He looks at the iron slide and cannot see any lock mechanism holding the bar in place, so he pushes it aside and unlatches the door.

* Kid pries open the remaining crates and barrel. The second barrel contains a few pieces of ripped animal skin that are several days old. One crate holds animal entrails, settled and rotten, and the other hold two flask of oil set in a straw mat.

Map:

Actions?

sirravd

#226 Post by sirravd »

Quangah gratefully exits the room, the wretched elf just behind him.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#227 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Timmy is glad to see that it was so easy to release the prisoners. He makes a mental note as to how to open a sliding lock. Once he sees the flasks of oil he speaks up.
"Those look like something we might need to take along with us." He waits to see if anyone will take them, if not, he places them carefully in his pack to use later.

Symond stays put but cant keep quiet.
"I wonder what they are doing in there? There is an awful lot of talking going on. I wonder if they found some of the people that we are looking for in there. We should try to remember this place if we need a spot to rest or heal. I don't see a lot of traffic going through this place yet."

Miss Cleo
continues waving her hands around in a disturbing manner, keeping a watch in every direction without moving her head.
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Starbeard »

Kid Crimson, Toross and Sitrus welcome the new party members, and head to where Beefheart stands guard.

They wonder what to do next. "Well, we should be getting a move on. Where to? East down this tunnel, or north? We vote east."

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#229 Post by kalstone »

Irakas says, "East seems as good a direction as any other."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#230 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Sure, east is fine by us."

sirravd

#231 Post by sirravd »

"East it is, then," says Quangah. "The elf and I will stand side-by-side in the front rank."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Norjax »

Before heading out, the party collectively determines that the sleeping party members are in a ‘magically-induced’ coma and will not wake under normal circumstances.

Are you bringing them along with you or placing them in a safe location?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#233 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Yaaaaa. More barrels! :?

I guess that we could stack them in the last room behind the crates for now?

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#234 Post by coil23 »

Or we could just slit their throats now as a mercy. :? But I'm ok with trying body stacking behind the crates for now.

Toldren, Egburt, and Quill will assist in moving the sleeping party members to the room with the crates and carefully arranging them so as to be hidden.

The sleeping Pert's hen and waterskin will be carried by Quill. Toldren will take Pert's pitchfork (+2 spear) for himself. Anyone interested in Toldren's +1 short sword?

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Starbeard »

Kid Crimson eyes Toldren's sword greedily.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#236 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Timmy looks on absent mindedly as the bodies are plundered, trying to think of a word that rhymes well with catatonic. He keeps wondering when the group will find one of those big treasure piles to raid that he has heard so much about.

Go ahead Kid, I can wait for the really good stuff. ;)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Starbeard »

The Kid takes Toldren's sword and waves it around, with a smile that makes everyone a little uncomfortable. "…Neat."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Norjax »

You safely stash your three comatose comrades inside the prisoner room. OOC: GM’s discretion. Let me know if you want them in the crate room instead. You gather supplies and materials, organize your plan of travel, and head out towards the east.

Quangah and Bugg readily lead the way down the east passage. The natural caverns continue to the north and then split, one route to the east and another to the north. The east course contains a small waterfall that produces a tiny stream of water running along the south wall, continuing on beyond your vision. The north cave tunnel terminates at a stone door set into a masonry wall that blocks the natural passage.

Map:

Actions?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#239 Post by kalstone »

"Perhaps we should check the door first," says Irakas. "And by we I mean someone else", he mutters under his breath.

sirravd

#240 Post by sirravd »

Quangah nods agreement with Irakas. "Bugg!" he commands. "Go check out that door, and try to open it if you can!" Meekly, poor Bugg advances to the stone door, ready to examine it.

Return to “Archive (The Temple of Chaos)”