House Rules

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

House Rules

#1 Post by Norjax »

These are the house rules and/or rules interpretations for this DCC game.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: House Rules

#2 Post by Norjax »

Luck

Luck is one of the neat features of DCC. The Luck ability modifier applies to the roll indicated from the initial character creation roll. Sometimes this does not apply, because the character is not of the class able to make use of the modifier.
  • For 0-level, the Luck modifier is added or subtracted to critical hits and fumbles.

Luck can be ‘burned off’ to get a one-time bonus to a roll, but the Luck score is now that many points lower.
    • Due to the nature of this PbP game, 0-level characters will only be allowed one chance to burn off Luck for a roll bonus.
    Luck can be used to attempt feats that succeed based on Luck alone. The base roll is equal to or less than the character’s Luck score on 1d20. For more difficult attempts, the Luck roll must beat an assigned DC.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Norjax »

I want to clarify something. I’ve been using Luck Check and Luck Roll synonymously and want to avoid further confusion.

A Luck Check is rolling your Luck Score and below on 1d20.

A Luck Roll is rolling 1d20 plus or minus your character’s Luck modifier. This roll must equal or exceed a Difficulty Class (DC). This is more akin to a Skill Check using an ability and its modifier.

My apologies for any confusion. I’m still new to DCC.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Norjax »

0-Level Critical Hit Chart

Return to “Archive (The Temple of Chaos)”