It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
Irakas, Halfling Trader

Irakas stops in his tracks, open mouthed. He hugs himself and starts shivering. "This is not good," he mutters to himself repeatedly.

Myles, Urchin

Myles has been standing in the shadows, unnoticed. At the sight of Kid Crimson's blood sacrifice, he steps out with eagerness on his face. "Awesome!" he exclaims.

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2481
Toldren grimaces with this new development, walking to the side to see if the opening is now large enough to allow passage through to the inside.

The elf pales at the blood-letting but cringes when the youth's hand is supernaturally held against the door against his will. A whisper of awe, What is this place?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Toldren examines the door, looking to see how much it has moved. He notices that the circular door has shifted and it now leans against the top of the entrance face, with a larger gap towards the bottom. The stone still covers the entrance passage.

It no longer appears held in a perfect, vertical position.


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:45 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Timmy (minstrel) "Well, that seemed to work.......a little. Maybe we can shove it now that it's loose?" If anyone agrees with that and offers to help, he tries pushing on the door wheel again.


Miss Cleo Stands there in amazement at the obviously magical and likely evil door stone.
"Praps da stone require even more blood offering to open da rest of da way?" She does not volunteer her hand and takes another step backwards in case something jumps out once it does open fully.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 4066
Foul Ol' Amphelice: "Pissin'd've been a tad easier on the boy."

Symond Berry tries to shift the stone, taking squeamish care not to touch any of the blood.

_________________
Master of Game, Architect of Adventure, Domineering Hand of Dread Consequence, GARGANTUA, (Into the Odd)
Salt Peter, sailor, The North Spine Campaign (LL)
Jiminy Gurglesquelch, shoggoth, Tales of the Gam'A Zone (Mutant Future)
Abijah Dun, warrior, The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)
Coat-of-Nine-Hides, beast-master, A Company of Corpses (B/X)
Brother Dumphey, cleric, A Company of Corpses (B/X)

WEBCOMIC!==>>The Mummy's Sabbatical
Gaming blog==>> An Abominable Fancy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2236
Location: Baltimore MD
Sitrus walks forward, taking the knife and placing an incision on his own hand. He then places his palm on the stone to see if it will open further.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Kid Crimson (Cooper) & Beefheart (Armourer)

Kid Crimson sucks on his hand wound and feels distinctly lightheaded. "Rats. Not good enough," he says. After regaining his senses, the Kid brandishes his trusty crowbar. "Maybe this will help!" He attempts to help push the stone further out of the way using leverage with the crowbar.

Beefheart creeps up and looks through the exposed part of the doorway from a short distance, estimating whether it is large enough for the party's halflings and dwarfs to squeeze through.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
Runner
Runner

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:27 am
Posts: 18
Pert Cornwallace

Pert waved off the comment from the old beggar about taking a piss on the door and balked as he watched the events unfold. He felt a mild queasiness rise in his stomach as the door drank the blood and shift it's stance. He was about to assist Timmy when someone else blooded themselves and placed their hand on the door, stopping him in his tracks.

Egburt Skurg

Egburt nodded his agreement with Irakas. He stared with fear as others gathered there began offering blood to the door. "Not very good at all."

Apologies about missing yesterday. Shouldn't happen again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:58 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 274
Sir Hanout Longepper (nobleman), "Well, that seemed to have some affect. Schlovell, go an apply that pole to the stone and see if you can get it roll away."

"Uhh... Yes, sir." Schlovell (blacksmith) reluctantly returns to the stone. As carefully as he can and without touching the stone with his bare hand, Schlovell places the pole in the groove wedging it against the base of the stone and tries to lever it open.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2481
Quill steps back to be out of the way of the strong men as they attempt to move the stone. He stays clear of Miss Cleo who seems a bit odd, however.

Toldren will assist with his strength to help move the door though is mindful to position himself to be able to jump out of the way if it were to suddenly fall outward.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Timmy, Symond, Kid Crimson, Schlovell and Toldren push, pry and pull on the door in an attempt to roll it aside. While they work the door, Sitrus slices his hand and starts to place it against the rune circle. He stops when the five successfully roll the door aside and expose a dark, 5’ wide by 6’ tall opening leading into the hillside.

Beefheart peers inside, trying to focus on anything beyond the frame of the opening. A sliver of morning light illuminates a dirty stone floor and a masonry wall.

Actions?


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13210
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo is just about to offer up her own crow bar, wondering why so many in the group came equipped with the very same item. ;)

Once she sees the door moving again, she leaves the heavy thing hang from her waist sash and moves in for a closer look.

"Ya don't need a mind reader to tell ya dat dis is a baaaad place, ya know. Mi getting da heebie jeebies juss standin ear!"



Timmy seems pleased as punch that his idea to keep pushing actually worked. He smirks at the others, waiting for someone braver than he to be the first to enter. "I cant imagine the things we might find inside. I hope they are memorable!" The lad takes out a small piece of parchment and a charcoal pencil and starts jotting something down.

"Anyone know a word that rhymes with bloodletting?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:49 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Virginia
Irakas, Halfling Trader

OGRE MAGE wrote:
"Anyone know a word that rhymes with bloodletting?"

"Bedwetting?" suggests Irakas, shivering in terror.

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2236
Location: Baltimore MD
"Forgetting... as in lets head back to town and be forgetting about this place? Toross asks of no one in particular, standing back from the stone and entrance.

Wrapping his hand, Sitrus moves to look down the hallway along with Beefheart. "No point in waiting now is there?" he says to Beefheart before stepping into the hallway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 4066
Foul Ol' Amphelice comes behind the crew that was pushing the door and tries to shoo them in like errant geese. "No point in lollygaggin' out here! We came t'bring an end to horrible things, dinnint we?" She nabs Symond by the earlobe and drags him along.

Symond: "Ow! Owwww! I was going!"

_________________
Master of Game, Architect of Adventure, Domineering Hand of Dread Consequence, GARGANTUA, (Into the Odd)
Salt Peter, sailor, The North Spine Campaign (LL)
Jiminy Gurglesquelch, shoggoth, Tales of the Gam'A Zone (Mutant Future)
Abijah Dun, warrior, The Monastery at Dimwater (1ed)
Coat-of-Nine-Hides, beast-master, A Company of Corpses (B/X)
Brother Dumphey, cleric, A Company of Corpses (B/X)

WEBCOMIC!==>>The Mummy's Sabbatical
Gaming blog==>> An Abominable Fancy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline
Runner
Runner

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:27 am
Posts: 18
Pert Cornwallace

Pert swoops MacTalon up and braces her under his arm. Using his spear as a walking stick, he steps forward and follows Sitrus into the gaping maw of rock.

Egburt Skurg

"Dead betting," Egburt says in response to Timmy before inching closer to the doorway. He fidgeted with the piece of chalk more quickly, hoping to put his anxiety at ease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 274
Sir Hanout Longpepper (nobleman) speaks to Irakas, "It is well known that halflings are lucky. You stick next to me, my friend; with our two swords and your good luck, you and I should make it back unscathed. Yes? Come along now. Schlovell! lead the way."

Schlovell (blacksmith) hefts the 10-foot pole onto his shoulder and carefully enters the temple. He sniffs the air trying to detect anything foul or out of the ordinary. Hanout follows 3 or 4 feet behind Schlovell, his hand on the pommel of his sword.

Once inside Hanout directs Schlovell to prop the 10-foot pole against the stone door to prevent it from closing so that they are not all trapped inside.

Schlovell, "You want me to give up my pole?"

Hanout, "Well, to be truthfull, it is actually my pole. You were just carrying it for me. So..."
Schlovell complies and places the pole in the rut in such a way as to prevent the stone door from closing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2481
Bedwetting... Quill nods solemnly as he ponders the merits of the proposed rhyme. Yes, I believe that works.

Toldren rolls his eyes and proceeds with the matter at hand. Let's get a move on then. He will take his place in line to move into the cave mouth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Kid Crimson picks up his barrel and follows the others in, chatting excitedly about killing monsters and evil cultists. He no longer seems to notice the wound on his hand.

Beefheart cautiously steps inside. He sweeps the dirt on the floor aside with his feet, to see if there is anything underneath.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group