It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Virginia
Irakas stammers, "Buh .. buh ... buh ... buh ... BEAR!" He frantically swings his sword in front of him.

To hit: [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20
Damage: [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
At the first sight of the hideous beast, Schlovell instinctively throws his hammer at the monster while the others rush in.

Hammer Attack Thrown [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13 Damage [1d4] = 1


Miss Cleo moves forward to investigate the eastern tunnel.


Foul keeps watch over the large room as the others fight, making sure nothing can come up from behind the group.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:26 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1444
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Schlovell reacts and hurls his hammer at the bear, striking it for little damage (a mere 1hp).

The bear files into the narrow passage and leaps onto the blacksmith, ripping into his body with both claws and then pulling his head off with the solid crunch of horrid, rotting jaws. Blood, guts and sinew fly in all directions, coating the passage and the muzzle of the bear. (15 points of damage).

Bear Att = [1d20+3] = 17+3 = 20, [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17, [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17

Bear Dmg = [1d4] = 3, [1d4] = 4, [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8

Irakas barrels forward past the terrified Bugg and slashes into the bear-thing, and it roars in pain! (6 points of damage).

Sitrus moves forward into the caverns just in time to hear the death screams of Schlovell and the curdling roar of a bear that somehow doesn’t sound normal.

Miss Cleo investigates the eastern tunnel and discovers that it ends in a natural, cavern chamber littered with the same type of debris as the first room. She too hears the death screams of Schlovell coming from the first, narrow passage.-

Foul, watching for any activity in the ritual chamber, hears the roar and screams from inside the caverns and winces with anxiety.

MAP:

Actions?

Current hit points:

Irakas 5
Quangah 3
Foul 3
Bugg 2
Egburt 2
Toldren 1
Sitrus 1
Miss Cleo 1


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
:shock: How vivid. :? :lol:

Miss Cleo winces at the death screams of another comrade falling, but is too weak herself to do anything about it. As the battle rages on, she continues poking around in the debris of both rooms, hoping to find something of interest.


Foul wonders how many more of the group will be killed before they make some actual progress. She starts to contemplate opening the huge window again as she looks around on the floor for any loose coins.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1444
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
OGRE MAGE wrote:
:shock: How vivid. :? :lol:

That's my interpretation of a strike resulting in -12 hit points! ;)

...

Miss Cleo continues to scour the two natural cave chambers. Bored, she collects the debris into piles and counts the pieces:

11 Wood splinters
27 Pebbles
5 Rocks (larger than pebbles but smaller than 3 inches in diameter)
4 Small pieces of bone (source unknown)

Foul leaves her station at the door and searches the room for any loose coins and then examines the window for clues how to open it. The only area of note is the wider portion of the frame containing the six circular depressions with small vertical slots in the bottom. She touches the window, which feels like glass; but ripples like water when her fingers contact the surface. The dynamic scene on the other side has not changed much since you first entered the room.

...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 405
Bugg strikes at the bear as best he can...

[1d20-1] = 10-1 = 9[1d4-1] = 3-1 = 2


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Foul tries to slip one of the gold coins into the window slot and then tries one of the strange keys to see if it fits.


Miss Cleo KNEW that there would be a little bone in here among the rubble. She admires her nice neat piles for a short time before joining the others at the end of the deadly bear passage. "Dat ting look mean!!! Maybe we should juss get da hell out uv ear?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Virginia
Irakas continues to swing ineffectively at the bear-thing, but somehow lucks into a grazing blow.

To hit: [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10
+2 Luck burnt = 14
Damage: [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2 :|

Edited to add luck.

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Last edited by kalstone on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1444
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Bugg and Irakas, crammed into the narrow passage, swing their weapons at the abominable bear. Irakas strikes a plunge with his sword, and the horrid bear slumps to the floor. The corpse discharges a green flash of light that slowly fades into the ground.

Foul takes a coin and tries to insert it into one of the six slots in the bottom of the circular depressions. The diameter of the coin is larger than the diameter of the round inset, so the coin will not fit. The slots look to be the right size for one of the copper keys, but then Foul remembers that Schlovell gave the keys to Bugg…

MAP:

Actions?

Current hit points:

Irakas 5
Quangah 3
Foul 3
Bugg 2
Egburt 2
Toldren 1
Sitrus 1
Miss Cleo 1

--------------------------------------------------------

OK, here is the explanation of what happened here. Irakas originally missed his attack and was in turn killed by the abominable bear. The bear had only 1hp left (from the original 8). Since Irakas is kalstone’s only character, I coached him how to use the Luck point rule from DCC.

One may expend luck before or after a roll. Irakas’ to hit roll was 10 (a miss), but Schlovell hit with a 13. Knowing that a 13 would hit, kalstone burned 2 points of Irakas’ Luck to add a +4 modifier to hit attack roll (halflings get +2 for every point of Luck burned). The hit for 2 points of damage was enough to kill the bear-thing and prevent the death of Irakas (and perhaps more). Iraka’s Luck is now 2 points lower (5), but he is alive. Halflings recover Luck each night at points equal to their level (nothing happens for 0-level characters). There are other special Luck rules for halflings, but this is the lesson for now. :)


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:33 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2824
Location: England
Sitrus, growing bored at the sight of disappearing bears, wanders off south to see what's down that way.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Foul returns to the group and begins aggressively frisking Bugg to try to get the set of copper keys from him.
"I know you got something in your pockets for an old woman?"


Miss Cleo scratches her chin after seeing yet another creature in this place turn into green gas and pass through the floor.
"We need ta figure out wats appenin wit all dees monsta turning into green gas! Wat would cause such a ting?"
The woman pushes forward up the hall with the skinned bear thing. She uses her hands to look all around, finally entering the large chamber beyond.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Egburt stands stricken, in shock at the horrific end to Schlovell. Toldren, having seen ugly ends too often, silently says a prayer for the fallen and then moves forward to investigate the "bear's" lair.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm
Posts: 405
Bugg, apparently reluctantly, gives up the keys.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1444
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Sitrus moves south, passes Miss Cleo, and then explores the southern chambers. He finds four piles of debris, in each chamber, separated into wood splinters, pebbles, rocks and bone fragments.

Fouls bounds back to the group and finds them in a state of shock. Egburt, Quangah and Irakas share their experience of fighting the abominable bear and witnessing the gruesome death of Schlovell. Bugg, in a silent daze, momentarily hesitates to give Foul the keys collected from the cult members. The old woman heads back into the ritual chamber, apparently unmoved by Schlovell’s demise. She places one of the copper keys into a slot and finds it to be a perfect fit; the head of the key drops into the circular depression below the top surface of the frame panel. There is just enough room for two fingers to grip and turn the key.

Miss Cleo and Toldren move into the chamber where the bear once made its lair. Scattered debris litters the floor, included the desiccated remains of what was once a Halfling. The large room has an exit (or entrance) at the northern edge, which is blocked by a metal portcullis.

MAP:

Actions?

Current hit points:

Irakas 5
Quangah 3
Foul 3
Bugg 2
Egburt 2
Toldren 1
Sitrus 1
Miss Cleo 1


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo sneaks ahead to the right side of the wall where the hallway ends in the portcullis. She quietly sticks her hand around the corner to look down the hall to see if she can spot anything. She strains her ears as well, in case anything can be heard from beyond the gate.


Foul gets the feeling that she is all alone in the big room, just the way she likes it. Accustomed to doing things that she really shouldn't, she peers into the weird glass again before slowly turning the first key. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Virginia
Irakas looks over the halfling’s remains. ”If he has any valuables, I should take them back to his family.”

_________________
Solaine - Human Bladedancer - Dwimmermount (ACKS)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
Posts: 2491
Toldren stands to the side (left side-out of sight from anything beyond the portcullis) and waits to hear the report from Miss Cleo's hand. He grips his weapon once again at the ready, wandering what next will come.

Egburt returns to the bear den about to speak but then stays silent once seeing Miss Cleo and Toldren investigating the far gate. He moves to the other side of the portcullis (right) and stays close to the wall and readies himself as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Posts: 1444
Location: Midwestland, USA (Wisconsin Sector)
...

Miss Cleo sneaks to the right side of the wall connected to the exit with the portcullis. She sticks her left hand around the corner, looking through the bars and down the hallway. The 10ft wide passage curves north and to the east, continuing beyond the viewing distance of the palmed eye.

Foul turns the first key inserted into the frame depressions. The copper opener rotates 90-degrees to the right and then the window briefly flickers, going dark before returning to its clear view of the chaotic landscape.

Irakas inspects the dried remains of the halfling. It has been dead for some time, and wears only a rotted, tattered loincloth. Irakas moves the body looking for any possessions, but finds nothing.

Toldren and Egburt join Miss Cleo at the north wall, waiting to hear about her observations.

MAP:

Actions?

Current hit points:

Irakas 5
Quangah 3
Foul 3
Bugg 2
Egburt 2
Toldren 1
Sitrus 1
Miss Cleo 1


...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Miss Cleo shrugs at the others before slinking up to the metal bars as quietly as possible. She looks and listens from this new vantage point, trying to determine if they are alone in here or not. If there is still nothing to see, she looks over the bars of the portcullis for any sign of how it might open.


Foul is both intrigued and perplexed at the windows mechanisms. Looking around the huge room again to see if anyone else is there, she inserts the next key into another round slot. :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2824
Location: England
"Sweet. Driftwood and other junk," Sitrus says to himself. He sifts a bit through the piles in each chamber: wood, bones, pebbles then rocks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group